Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. rookieshooter

Big Dogs Fall Crawl

I'm going to try to make this one. Need to really give my new ORI struts a work out. Only thing I really have to do is to get permanent tags for the trailer. My temp tag will be out. My last two times down there this year someone in our group has :roll: lol. The last trip my camera did...
  2. rookieshooter

Fox coilovers

Since I've gone to ORI struts I have no use for these Fox coilovers. They're 2.0 x 10" travel. No leaks oil or nitrogen. They will ship with no nitrogen. Worked great on my Bronco which had great flex. One has a bent aluminum lower bolt mount. May need new shaft or just the end piece...
  3. rookieshooter

Dana 44 & 60 parts.

I have one 8 lug front Dana 44 Ford 1979 3/4 ton used hub. $80 shipped lower 48. Also have one 1979 Ford used Dana 60 long side front axle shaft $80 shipped lower 48.
  4. rookieshooter

Dana 60 price?

Having a hard time locating a Dana 60 High Pinion king pin. Finally found one for sale. The owner said it's from a 1979 and it's called the "snow fighter" of all things. Probably cause of the high pinion. But any rate, the guy is asking $800 or best offer. Is this a fair price? Hate to...
  5. rookieshooter

Big Dogs Summer Slam

Big Dogs Summer Slam Aug 16-18 Just paid my fee for the Summer slam at Big Dogs. This will be my second trip down there this year. But the first ever trailered event that I'll take Samson with my new tow rig and trailer. No more pussy footing around and worrying how I'll get home. Any...
  6. rookieshooter

Dana 60

Looking for a Ford front Dana 60 High pinion no closed knuckle, king pin style.
  7. rookieshooter

Tool box for trailer

Picking up a new trailer today to haul my B2 to some off roading events. Anybody have ideas or pics of some tool boxes that they mounted on their trailer or other hardware that might be appropriate. Home made or otherwise?
  8. rookieshooter

2004 5.4?

Have a chance to buy a 2004 F250 with 5.4 motor. But what I've read about the spark plug problem makes me wonder. Read that prior to 2003 the plugs did not have enough threads and then after that the redesigned plug with the longer reach got stuck and broke off. Should I just stay clear of...
  9. rookieshooter

Atlas flanged brake

Anyone have or used an Atlas flanged parking brake? I'm thinking of additional braking for steep down hill descents as in pulling up on the handle. There were times that shifting into neutral helped in the braking dept. Do I need to fab up a handle and cable thing? Remember this is an auto...
  10. rookieshooter

All Bronco Meet

I know this is mostly an Explorer site but we do have some Bronco owners. June 27-29 will be one of the largest gathering of all makes of Broncos in the Nation. Today I talked to two guys at a local gas station right off of I-81 which is the main N to S Interstates in the country. They drove...
  11. rookieshooter

Truck Nationals

Hot on the heels of the AFN's is the Truck Nationals at Carlisle. This years dates are Aug. 2-4. Here's a link to the show plus if you want to pre-register for the Show Field, which means you save some $$ and you skip all the hassle. Just drive right in. I'm going to register for the...
  12. rookieshooter

Need 3/4 ton 8 lug hub

For Dana 44 front axle. Could use the spindle also. But for sure the hub.
  13. rookieshooter

Military 101/Off Road Adventure Trailer

Well after a few years of wanting one of those military trailers that you see in the WW2 flics being towed behind a jeep, I finally got one. Not that particular one which is the M416 but one that I like better, the later model M101. It's a little larger, plus it's got a flip down tailgate. A...
  14. rookieshooter

EcoBoost geographically challenged?

Was possibly thinking of buying a new 2013 EcoBoost F150 but after hearing they could really leave you in a bad situation as in engine falling flat on it's face, as in passing, this ain't going to happen. That's unless you live in state north of the Mason Dixon line that has lower Due Points...
  15. rookieshooter

Exterior gauge light

Need to find a small directional LED light that would shine on my relocated OBA gauge. Not to mention made for exterior use. If possible not so bright that it distracts from driving at night. It would be located at bottom of windshield pointing toward gauge. Also if it is too bright, is...
  16. rookieshooter

Built tranny mount.

Help a guy out. I researched and can not find a custom built tranny mount that one of you guys built and posted about. It consisted of a short piece of tubing at each end with bushings that was welded to a short piece of metal. In turn this was bolted to the tranny and from there to the...
  17. rookieshooter

New MSD products (alternators & starters).

I have a MSD ignition box and has worked flawleslly for over 5 years. BTW, it's mounted in the cab away from heat and weather. With that said MSD has come out with their own Built in America Altenator and starter. I now have a 1 wire Power Master altenatore bt if it goes out I think I'll get...
  18. rookieshooter

Tires...Decisions, decisions, decisions

Having a hard time making my mind up on what new diameter tires (5) to get. Currently I'm running 35s. Looking to get 37s or 39.5 diameter tires. Here's what I got as far as drive train on my chopped top V8 B2 about 4000# plus with a 103" WB. Need to get the weight bias front vs rear but...
  19. rookieshooter

3/4 ton D44 spindles

Any one have a set of 3/4 ton spindles for my 79 Ford D44 do i can convert to 8 lug?
  20. rookieshooter

Bump stop?

Any input on this style bumpstop is appreciated. Needed for slow trail rides with rocks, lots of rocks. I'm running Fox CO's http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/Daystar-Stinger-Bump-Stops-p-26466.html
  21. rookieshooter

The "ICON"

Not exactly my cup of tea, but for you guys that have more money then brains. This company can build you a 5.0 (302 cid) Coyote 412 hp and 390 ft lbs of torque, Atlas equipped Dana 44/60 axles, Aisin Warner AX-15 5 speed or Ford 4R75W transmission early bronco. And they use original steel...
  22. rookieshooter

Other then Ballistic Fab.

What other companies do you guys use for brackets, heims, joints and such other then Ballistic Fabrication? And how about their prices as compared to Ballistic's and customer support"?
  23. rookieshooter

Truck Nationals

It's only a matter of weeks before the Truck Nationals. Anyone plan on going? I know it would be hard for some being it's right on the heels of the Ford Nationals. I'm already working on getting Samson ready to go.
  24. rookieshooter

Ford Wheel Base.

Just to let you guys know, over on the B2 forum there is a Sticky on Ford wheel bases. Click here Might be helpful.
  25. rookieshooter

Wheelbase

By adjusting links I can get 102 to 103"
Back