Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. traveler

My First Explorer, 2000 EB

Actually as you are seeing it in the pictures, it is loaded with spare parts, tools, recovery gear, and my air compressor. I never take them out of the Explorer so it's always ready to head out for day trips. Obviously, it'll be loaded with a lot more for longer trips like Moab or Ouray.
  2. traveler

Here's a couple pics as promised.
  3. traveler

Looks like its going to work. I got 2-3 inches of lift beyond what I got with the Warrior Shackles and loadmaster shocks. The loadmasters are going away soon for some real shocks. I tightened the torsion bars to get the truck level again. Its not quite level but I don't want to risk damage...
  4. traveler

Yea, I've thought of that as well. I've noticed that the axle will move backward as the spring compresses. That's why I'm spending this time experimenting. I'll get them mounted up and check the clearances, lift, etc. If they're good then... awesome. If not, I'll have to remove them and play...
  5. traveler

I had some spare time on Friday afternoon so I decided to experiment and bolt the F150 Springs on as is, no leaf swapping. In a side by side comparison they didn't look any longer than the OEM springs. Only issue appeared to be the center bolt, it might move the axle forward a little bit. The...
  6. traveler

I got a pair of bolts from NAPA but they proved to be too long (The threaded part didn't even reach the leaves). They did show me that I had the right diameter however. So I finally found a pair of 7/16 x 4" bolts on eBay. If they get here on time I'll work on them this Sunday.
  7. traveler

Right now the center bolts are driving me nuts. I have accepted I'm going to have to cut them all off, I just want to make sure I have the right size center bolts to replace them. I can't find a definitive source to tell me what size to get. I also need to get replacement pads for the leaf...
  8. traveler

New project. I'm doin the F150 spring swap. Found a nice set at the pick a part on a 93 F150 extended cab. Someone had already detached the rear axle so all I had to do was remove the springs.
  9. traveler

2003 Lariat Super Crew "Husker Larry"

That looks great! Does it have android auto or whatever the IPhone equivalent is? I've been aching to get one for Clifford.
  10. traveler

2003 Lariat Super Crew "Husker Larry"

Insurance companies can be really ignorant at times. When I drove through water with my Tbird and broke a rod, the insurance company agreed to pay for the damages. I got a quote for a salvage engine and said I'd install it. They said we can't do that, you need a quote from an established...
  11. traveler

How to: Swapping rear axle in 2nd Gen Explorer

Good to know! Thanks
  12. traveler

How to: Swapping rear axle in 2nd Gen Explorer

It will fit in the sense that it is the right size. The only problem you'll run into is that the axle from the Ranger is set up to have the spring sitting on top of the axle, and the Explorers are set up for the springs running under the axle. So the mounting pad is not in the right place...
  13. traveler

Wire a resistor to headlight

I had an issue with LED bulbs in my 06 F150. I wrote to the sellers, and they provided me with plug n play resistors. I haven't had any issues since. I even have an extra set of resistors as when the first set failed to arrive, I wrote again, and they sent a second set. Then later on the...
  14. traveler

Yea, its all dependent on years. I've got every outside light on my 2000 Explorer converted to LED. Simple as a new electronic flasher for the turn signals, no mods for the headlights. The 06 F150 headlights required the previously mentioned resistor, and I haven't tried the turn signals yet...
  15. traveler

I installed the resistors that were included with the LED headlights I bought for my 06 F150 (They looked a lot like the ones you pictured). Haven't had any issues since putting them in. Prior to the resistors my fog lights were acting weird.
  16. traveler

Our 2008 Adrenalin

All this time and I never realized you were from Humboldt! I used to live very near there in Parsons.
  17. traveler

How to: Convert V8 AWD to BW 4406 Manual Shift- A how to thread

Well, the variable in there is "reasonably priced". Ranchos are ok, and they are affordable in that they cost less than the Bilsteins. I've heard many good things about the bilsteins however (great price is never one of them). I ran KYBs in my Tbird and loved them, and they are affordable as...
  18. traveler

Betty's "I want to be a mule" progress log thread

Now now now. I do care about the Betty, and her timing cover. I want her to be well and serve you as she was made to do. The color of the timing cover is entirely up to you, as you are a far better judge of the correct color than I am (not to mention much more adept at applying it!) I hope...
  19. traveler

Not a big deal, but found the nearest easiest and brightest underwood light on Amazon.
  20. traveler

Check Your Fan Blade!!!!!

The fan isn't rubbing now, not even close to rubbing. But you can see on the ends of the blades where its been hitting something enough to wear off the tips. Its weird. I can't even find any area on the shroud that matches the blades to know where it was hitting. Im contemplating having a...
  21. traveler

Ok, good to know. Now, does it move more or less air than the OEM plastic one? My plastic one apparently rubbed up against my modified shroud (I cut it when I did the body lift) and the tips seem to be showing the signs of it. (They're a little shorter!)
  22. traveler

Gonna revive an old thread, hope its worth it. Is this the metal fan I've been reading about? VS this
  23. traveler

Our 2008 Adrenalin

Man that's my dream truck
  24. traveler

Our 2008 Adrenalin

Man that is a beautiful truck! I'd almost give up Clifford for one like that. Is it AWD? and what is its tow rating?
  25. traveler

How to: Convert V8 AWD to BW 4406 Manual Shift- A how to thread

Hmmm..... installing that double cardan just dropped further down on my to do list!
Back