Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. X

3" lift for ford ranger will it work ?

hey all just found these on the net. wondering if it will work for my truck also will 3" be enough to fit a 33 * 10.5 tire ? http://www.truxxx.com/ford_products/ford_lift_kits/ford_ranger_lift_kit.htm?gclid=CKGZ5q7Cpo4CFSCTWAodxmNjZA
  2. X

vent baffle freezing up ????

hey all my ac blows hard cold air for about 20 minutes then it slows down to a trickle but still has cold air. you touch the heater box and it's freezing cold, you turn the ac off for 25 minutes and then it works again. could be be because the baffle inside the heater box is actaully having...
  3. X

Manitobans, come say eh!

hey hey hey i just moved to the peg i would love to meet some explorer ppl
  4. X

coolant leak can't see where it's from

i needed it fixed now so that was best solution at the time when i get more time i'll look for the leak
  5. X

aux tranny cooler

hello there thanks for the help in my previous posts i have to tow a 6'x12' enclosed tandem axle trailer about 1000km approx weight should be about 3000lbs, my truck is a 95 explorer 4door 4x4 4.0L OHV automatic 1. is it best to install the cooler inline with the inlet or outlet of the...
  6. X

yeah i threw some bars leak in and no more leaky leaky i'll go and check the torque on the water pump bolts to be safe
  7. X

bump any thoughts at all ????
  8. X

hey all here's the problem got a 95 ford explorer 4.0l auto 4x4 i have a coolant leak coming from the right front upper portion of the block under the AC unit it's not from the water pump the water pump is new and i checked all around the water pump it's dry you can physically see the...
  9. X

How to: BW 4405 Transfer Case Rebuild Diary - Comments, Questions and Input Thread

if i could my truck on a hoist do you think that i could spit the 4405 on the truck i only need to change the rear main bearing and seal ? it would save alot of time if i could.
  10. X

95 BW4405 main shaft bearing replacement

yeah i've done a couple 5 speed tranny's so i don't think that this should be too hard i just didn't want to pull the t case but looks like i have to. thanks
  11. X

95 BW4405 main shaft bearing replacement

hey all my rear o/p shaft on my t case has alot of vertical play in it. my question is; Can i replace the main shaft bearing and seal without disassembling the entire case? i know i really should rebuild the case but due to finacial limitations i cannot afford to do this and need to only...
  12. X

Lpg Conversion

hey there i know this thread is over a year old but i am very interested is purchasing a LPG kit for my ex i live in canada could someone please post a link to which i may purchase a kit?
  13. X

95 explorer 4x4 Passenger side ball joint ?

yeah i was hoping to be able to get one that was less expensive than rockauto cause once i order then convert into US dollars then ship it and drive to border to pick it up it's almost cheaper to get one at a regular parts store up here in ontario.
  14. X

ok so if the previous owner of the truck has installed the 1 piece replacement upper control arm then the piece i ordered is incorrect and need to order a 1 piece arm, if that is the case then are the the left and right 1 piece control arms interchangeable? if not where can i order a 1 piece arm?
  15. X

hey all just ordered a new ball joint for the passenger side. I haven't pulled the tire off yet , but it doesn't look like it's the correct one can someone verify this for me?
  16. X

lets start another heated debate about electric vs. mechanical vs. hydraulic cooling

http://news.thomasnet.com/fullstory/8878 http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m3165/is_2002_July_1/ai_88678977 they seem to be used alot in off highway trucks and jeep, dodge, ford are now using them as far as i can see the hydraulice motor is able to a more agressively pitched fan...
  17. X

Where are you from?

anybody hear close to Fort MAc Alta? it sucks up here i need ppl to talk to.
  18. X

lets start another heated debate about electric vs. mechanical vs. hydraulic cooling

i was just looking into this cause i like the option of being able to turn off the fan completely and with all the haters out there, when it comes to efans i was curious what everyone thought about this?
  19. X

anyhow you get the point so i was working on some new d8 dozers in the tailings pit today and i saw that the extra rads needed to cool the dozers had hydraulic motors on the fans got to thinking hydraulic it looked close to the same size as a electric motor, would be able to power...
  20. X

'93 with Full width D60/D70

be careful i can't remember exactly what gear ratio my buddy had but there are two different carriers for the d70 with the 5.13 you may need a new carrier but man that looks awesome
  21. X

need some influence to my imagination for mid bass

yes i amit that there has been alot of info given the reason that i came on here and asked for info was this is explorer specific site, i was wondering if someone had done already what i was looking to do. i was not looking for everybody to say that i should just go out and buy new components...
  22. X

well i guess you know better than me and everyone up here that competes in db dragracing and iasca sq comps, but guess what i'm still the installing 8's why cause i can , i believe in doing one thing and doing it well , mid range cannot produce mid bass well it can do it a lil bit...
  23. X

i would but i got hte 8's for an awesome price.
  24. X

components only produce mid range not mid bass mid bass the frequency range starting from about 80 Hz to 300 Hz mid range starts about 200 Hz leaving a rather large gap in your frequency range, if you listen to rap or other heavy bass songs you don't notice it as much, however if you enjoy...
Back