Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Push Button Starter

Push Button Starter

DIY: Push Button Starter
  2. L

Huge fuel leak

Finally a spark of hope! I'm honestly just trying to get the thing running again so I can sell it. I need a work tuck with an 8ft bed, not a toy truck right now. If I have to sink much into it I'll just part it out, or sell it as is. Anyone want a truck with a fuel leak, Duff front bars, 2...
  3. L

Huge fuel leak

My tank is not almost empty and I can't even see the bolts for all the rust. An air chisel won't spark will it? I think it would honestly be easier for me to drill holes every 1/4 inch and cut it out by hand then drop the tank. Wouldn't a cracked fuel line cause the truck to stumble and run...
  4. L

Huge fuel leak

Went to work on getting my truck up and running today. It's been 2 years since I've started it, and 3 or 4 years since it was really driven. Got it fired up. and let it idle while I was checking things out. All of a sudden it started POURING gas from somewhere near the pump area around the top...
  5. L

9004 to 9007 headlight bulbs

A directly powered relay will reduce voltage drop between the battery and bulbs, resulting in slightly brighter lights. But it isn't at all required for the bulb swap.
  6. L

Ideas to reduce steering effort.

You could swap out your steering wheel for one with a slightly larger diameter.
  7. L

2-2.5" lift.. how should I go about it?

2" lift, 34" tires:
  8. L

prerunner

Try the search button. There are ton's of threads that start out, "I want to build a prerunner" and most have all the info you need to choose the company that fits your needs and price range.
  9. L

2 of 2 questions.

What size tires are you going to be running? The 8.8 is a stout axle stock. I've seen them break, but not often at all. Most people will break their front D-35 or swapped D-44 over and over again without ever breaking the 8.8. If it were me I'd buy some stout replacement shafts and hold onto...
  10. L

Auto lock t-case to manual lock t-case

This has all be covered before, but you want to get a 1354m (you currently have a 1354e) not a 1350, the front drive shaft flange is different. Lots of rangers have the 1350, so look closely at the front flange if you aren't sure if it's a 1350 or a 1354. You can find 1354's in some year...
  11. L

How to: D35 C-clip Eliminator, Made Easy

REALLY?? I wasn't planning on removing the carrier, just the center pin, so that I could remove the aussie locker to access the c-clip. Is your statement only valid for an open diff? I didn't install the locker, it was added when I had gears put in so I'm not 100% sure how it looks in...
  12. L

The cross shaft in my 8.8 was held in with a bolt, but the 35 has what I believe to be a roll pin, based on research I've done reading about breaking down other types of axles. Here is a pic. I'll have to go and buy a pick kit. I used to have one, and have broken every single pick over the...
  13. L

How do you remove the roller pin from the cross shaft? It is deeper then the lip of the dif. housing so I can't get a punch in there.
  14. L

Need help with 3in body lift on first gen explorer xlt

But that's because of the width/off set of your tires/wheels. I have Skyjacker 1.5" coils and 34x10.5's on stock wheels with fender trimming and the only thing I used to rub on were my radius arms (barely) hopefully the new JD arms will fix that (it's in the garage on stands now). I don't have...
  15. L

93 Budget Build

I thought this was a budget build? They both sound like fun projects, can't wait to see some pics of both.
  16. L

suspension advice

Then your shocks are too short.
  17. L

HF now sells Badlands Winches for offroad

Only 18.4 fpm no-load line speed isn't exactly thrilling.
  18. L

How do i change a 4x4 into rwd only ?

The reason people want 2wd to lower is because you can only lower a 1st gen 4x4 ~2" in the front before the drive shaft hits stuff. But you can drag the frame with a 2wd.
  19. L

performance parts

comp cams makes a dual valve spring, normally used with the 422 camshaft. You can purchase them directly from comp, or from several suppliers, such as Summit Racing.
  20. L

d-hook Question

How think is the mount? I don't think I'd trust it, even with all those gussets. Recovery points should always be attached directly to the frame. On my 1st gen having a body lift made more room for mounting tow points. Why don't you post some pics of your front end so others can give you...
  21. L

Brake pad upgrade

(experience from my civic): HP+ bite a LOT harder then HPS. I have to use more pressure and pedal travel to accomplish the same amount of braking force when using the HPS compared to the HP+'s. I can easily overheat the HPS pads after 10 minutes on a tight mountain road; the HP+'s work all day...
  22. L

Ignition switch problems

Do you mean the ignition switch, or the ignition cylinder (the part the key goes in)?
  23. L

V8 Explorer for trailing? ( plus some trailing pics for those who want to see )

The AWD isn't a very solid true 4x4 system. But, neither is keeping the 4.0 in Auto 4x4. If you are planning on driving the v-8 in the same manner you drove the 4.0 then the shoe fits. But if you plan on building a dedicated off road rig you'll want a real transfer case.
  24. L

Whats yall thoughts? Ignition Coil Pack.

Do you know what gap you run? I have an Accel coil and have been experimenting with wider gaps.
Back