Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. X

Lift parts ordered!!

just got done ordering the parts for my lift: Fabtech 3" Spindles - #FTS98300-7 Explorer ProComp AAL - EXP-13120 Shackles - WAR153 w00t. ill be posting pictures of the finished truck here in the following weeks.
  2. X

ProComp 3" Spindle Install Write-Up

I cam across this write up on another forum, and seeing as how i havent found one on this site, ill post it here, Hopefully it helps some people. http://www.haroh.com/explorer/spindle.html
  3. X

emblem sizes

i found some 'emblem covers' on ebay; white, black, red, carbon-fiber-looking, but the only problem is they have them for 03-05 rangers and 02-05 explorers. Do you guys know if the ranger or 3rd gen explorer emblems are the same size (or pretty close) to 2nd gens?
  4. X

Another tire price thread, but a little different

I went to America's Tire Co. today (Discount Tire) and asked which 32" tires they had. The guy told me they had 4 32" BFG AT ko's, and quoted me a price of $603 without 'tire warranty' and about $670 with. the price includes 4 tires, mounting on new rims, putting new rims on explorer...
  5. X

2001 XLS/XLT spindle lift

i think im going crazy, but is it just me or does this not exist? i see theyre made for a 2000 (as BigDave has), but that they wont work for a 2001. Could it be? if they DO exist, who (online vendor) has them?? would a ranger spindle lift work on an explorer like practically every other...
  6. X

32" BFG MTs on 3" BL & TT?

WOW thats a lot of abbreviations.. im going to be getting the 883 PA kit (as some of you may already know) with a tt and shackles, if needed. What i wanted to find out (after searching and not finding a definate answer) is if i can fit 32x11.5x15 BFG MT tires on a 15x8 wheel with this lift...
  7. X

Info: Serious Explorations Glossary

I decided to make a glossary of all the "slang" being thrown around on this site. I know when i first got her, it took me a long time to realize what you guys were talking about. Hopefully this will help out the people that are just as mechanically unlearned as i am. If i forgot anything please...
  8. X

possible problem in clear corners install..

i installed my clear corners today (NOT the diamond ones) and when i got done i realized that the part next to the headlight sticks out about 1/4" i tried pushing it in as if maybe one of the pins didnt completely go in, but it felt like i was going to break it with my massive...
  9. X

Performance Accessories BL #883

after searching for a while, i decided to n00b it out and post a new thread: i have a 2001 xls 4.0 and am seriously thinking about purchasing this BL. HOWEVER... i saw on summitracing.com that they have a BL (part number PRA-PA-70023) made specifically for an explorer (rather than the...
  10. X

new in-dash dvd player

so i was at work today (best buy) and the car-audio guys convinced me to get the pioneer AVH-P5700DVD indash. Then i talked to the installer and he said that he had nothing better to do and that he would install it for a discounted price. I ended up getting the unit, the 4 year 'warranty', and...
  11. X

What kind of music do you like?

just a fun little thread, well see if i catches on me, personally, am a fan of the hardcore/metal music.. what about you guys?
  12. X

U.S. Wheel 94 Series Black Modular Wheels

i saw a guy on this forum that purchased a set of these wheels, and i was wondering if anyone else had any positive/negative feedback about them. im simply in love with the chrome/black design of it and im thinking about getting a pair because i think itll look awesome on a white X with tinted...
  13. X

Everything Alpine..

i work at best buy so naturally i get a discount :D what i plan on doing is: HU Alpine CDA-9853 (or 9855, i havent decided yet) Speakers Alpine SPR-57LP Type-R 5x7's (2 pair) Amp Alpine MRD-M605 Subs (2) Alpine SWR-1022D Type-R 10"s can anyone suggest anything else to...
  14. X

ordered my clear corners yesterday...

..from procarparts.com (http://www.procarparts.com/store-detail.asp?sku=FD95EP%2D0284SLX) and was wondering: a) they dont say "diamond cut" so im guessing theyre similar to the ones i have now w/o the reflector? 2) if they are similar to the ones i have now, should i return them and get...
  15. X

Another new member w/ a new explorer

I got my Explorer today and so far, i love it (2001 XLS). My profile used to say that i had an 02, that was a lie.. hahah. Ive been coming to this forum for probably 4-5 weeks now and i would like to say thank you to everyone who helped me in my new car decision, you guys know your ****. Here...
Back