Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Someone she'd some light on my PO1100 code and engine stumble! PLEASE!!!

So I've been fighting with throwing codes and lack of performance the past couple weeks in the truck. I'm getting annoyed....OK that's a lie, I'm past annoyed. Haha I've reflashed the ecu, swapped in new Bosh o2 sensors and I'm still throwing a PO1100 code. I have gotten all the other codes...
  2. T

Couple pics of my lowered 2wd sport

Here's a few pics of my lowered 97 2wd sport. The rear is a stock sagging mono leaf with a block for 4-5" of drop. I'm looking into other rear spring options now so that I might be able to stay at this height but get rid of the lowering block. The front is a torsion twist with a key flip and...
  3. T

SOHC Automatic to manual conversion swap guide

The start of the 5 speed swap. I scored this absolutely spotless 2wd 97 SOHC for $250 with a bad trans! I sold the wheels and tires the next day for $300 so I litterally started this project $50 in the positive. First step is to get the truck as high as possible safely on stands This is the...
  4. T

My 97 SOHC 5 speed swapped sport street/drag build

I picked up a rust free 2wd 97 big flare sport with the SOHC 4.0l about a month ago now. This thing is SPOTLESS!!! I bought it for Penny's with a bad transmission in it and the plan to turn it into a 12 second turbo'd street/drag truck. As of last week I finished swapping in a 5 speed...
  5. T

1997 2wd Big flare sport with an SOHC??

Ok I'm pretty well versed in all the packages and options available on our explorers (owned close to 100 if not more) but this is a first for me. I found a CL add for a rust free 2wd 99 Explorer sport which is extremely rare to find here in NH. 2wd are not common and rust free makes this a...
  6. T

Rare Dana 44??

I found a Dana 44 for sale locally on Craigslist for $200. It was exactly what I needed, full width, already set up for a 3 link, custom heim jointed 2" thick tie rod, High pinion and 5 on 5 1/2 bolt pattern. I didn't think much of it when I bought it but once I got home I realized it was a leaf...
  7. T

Mark VIII front suspension swap?

Has anyone done it? Brian (slammedXonair) any insite from you on this would be greatly appriciated!!! :notworthy I picked up a 95 Mark VIII as a transplant donor for my 93 Ex the thread for that is here http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2402189#post2402189 So I'm going to try...
  8. T

About to dive into my 4.6L quad cam 93 Ex build

I picked up a 2wd 93 Ex 5 spd for some small change I had in my pocket a while back. Its quick being a 5spd 2 door 2wd but I want it to be fast! I've been searching craigslist for the past couple of months looking for a mustang donor car to drop a 5.0L in but around here people think their...
  9. T

Jeep/Explorer D35 Hybrid?

This is something I've been wondering for a while now after owning several Jeep Grand cherokee's (one to drive, several for parts!) And numerous Rangers and Explorer's. Has anyone here ever experimented with building a Hybrid Axle out of the 2? running the Jeep Dana 35 housing, carrier, gear...
  10. T

New to the 2wd scene (with an Ex that is)

I'm not new to the Explorer, Ranger, B2 by any means as I've owned over 20 different variations over the years and currently own 2 Ex's one B2 and a Ranger with a plow. I've swapped everything around in all and I know whats interchangable on the 4x4's but I'm not 100% sure on the 2wd's...
  11. T

Twisted Trendz Customs 94 XLT on 40"MT's

So I started out just trying to make a nice clean XLT with a mild lift in it. Then My fiance and I had a falling out so I took out all my frustrations on my truck and it grew! Here's what I came up with! That was before I added the 3" body lift 2 more inches to the front suspension and...
Back