Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. TommyEX

Your Favorite All Weather Tires!!

I agree. Get two sets of wheels and mount winters on one and summers on the other. My set: Winter:Pirelli Ice and Snow 235/70/15 Summer:Goodyear Fortera Silent Armor 235/70/15 Super quiet tires with great traction; dry and wet. This might be a good all around tire for you too!
  2. TommyEX

Expected lifespan of a 95 ex?

I'm at 240k miles...and ticking...:cool:
  3. TommyEX

No High Beam Function

Doh!!! First, thanks to all for the responses. I appreciate them and the "helping hand" that goes with being a member of such a great forum. Thanks again guys. My problem was nothing more than a missing fuse!!! Yes, the :censored: fuse was MISSING! For some reason, and I don't know why, my...
  4. TommyEX

No High Beam Function

Hey Gang, Recently during a stormy night, I tried to engage my high beams. When I flipped my lever forward, it shut off the headlights completely! :eek: That was pretty unpleasant. Anyway, my low beams function properly. When pulling back on the lever, as if to flash the high beams, it...
  5. TommyEX

CAUGHT! Early prototype LTW (Lightweight) Cobra Explorer!

Come on, you're not digging the clever fuel filler cap... :confused:
  6. TommyEX

CAUGHT! Early prototype LTW (Lightweight) Cobra Explorer!

And even more...my baby is pictured next to it. As seen on the streets of Manhattan, NY. Apparently, this is the man responsible for this, this....gulp...art. H A R U S H S H L O M O
  7. TommyEX

Where to buy brake dust shields, not KLEEN WHEELS

I don't recommend Kleen Wheels or similar products. Any prolonged heavy braking will most likely warp the rotors. I speak from experience (I had a set on my 88 mustang gt). Your best bet would be to go with "dustless" pads like the Hawks or similar. Although they will not eliminate the dust...
  8. TommyEX

Re-Torque After New Wheels

So is 95 lbs/ft OEM recommendation? Does this apply for all years or certain year Explorers? I've been trying to get the torque spec for my Ex but I'm getting different numbers thrown at me. Overtightening is also a good way to warp rotors. Yet 9 times out of 10 a wheel shop will not take...
  9. TommyEX

Child locks

Its a common problem on our cars. Here is what will probably fix your problem. It happened to me and MANY others here. Replace the handles as directed and you should be good to go. Easy fix. Good luck.
  10. TommyEX

Creeping while in Park...revisited.

Hey guys, I got a "happy ending!" ;) I did a search of the for sale forum and found someone who had been selling a transfer case for my application but there were no updates as to weather it was sold or not. I gave it a shot and found out Eckerta82 still had the BW 4404 for sale. We worked...
  11. TommyEX

Eckerta82, great seller

I recently purchased a transfer case from Eckerta82. He packed it great, I got a fair price for it, and the transfer case worked as promised. Thanks again.
  12. TommyEX

3" Muffler Too Big for a 5.0L V8?

Fortune, what is the sizing of the inlets on the muffler? What about the rest of the piping before the muffler, 2 1/4", 2 1/2"? I'll be replacing the entire exhaust system, from the exhaust manifolds to the tip, as soon as I get my t-case issue sorted out. I wanted to devise a plan from now...
  13. TommyEX

1997 Ford Explorer Drivetrain

I believe the P stands for Passive. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. :)
  14. TommyEX

Rotors

I agree, I have a set of Brembos with Hawk pads. Excellent combination that also reduces brake dust by 80%. :) Make sure you do a proper pad to rotor bedding for longevity and optimum performance. :thumbsup:
  15. TommyEX

The saga continues... :banghead: Got a brand new front driveshaft from Ebay for a good price. Anyway, spent Saturday with my mechanic installing the driveshaft. We get it off the lift and I get thr dreaded clunking from the transfer case... :( So, the mystery of the missing front...
  16. TommyEX

1997 Mercury or 5.0L Ex VIN Needed- for scanner

Glad it worked out! I expect pictures posted of the final product. I am following your progress. Best of luck!
  17. TommyEX

1997 Mercury or 5.0L Ex VIN Needed- for scanner

Have you tried Ebay? ;) They always list the VINs of the cars. Just a thought. Sorry I can't help you, my specs are just what you need but I'm a 96.
  18. TommyEX

SilverBullet excellent seller!

Thanks for the quick shipment and excellent communication! :thumbsup:
  19. TommyEX

I found one for your application BlownPony. Its a reman but looks to be from a "driveshaft only" company. Thanks again.
  20. TommyEX

Here is the original thread. Found out from my mechanic that the front driveshaft was indeed missing in action. I told him I looked underneath the car and discovered the front driveshaft missing and he replied matter of factly that yes, he too noticed it missing when he did the brake job a...
  21. TommyEX

Creeping while in Park

Thanks everyone for the lightning fast replies. Sorry if I was a bit vague in my description but I think Engera and Jefe are on the right track. With the nose facing downhill, it will creep slowly, without stopping. I know its supposed to roll a few inches and then stop but this keeps going...
  22. TommyEX

Creeping while in Park

Hey gang, New to the board. I recently purchased a 1996 Explorer 5.0 AWD. I discovered (after purchase, of course) on fairly steep inclines, the truck slowly inches forward while in Park, with the parking brake off. It doesn't roll, but you can see it creeping forward. The parking does the...
Back