Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Been a while.....

It's been about 10 years since I was last on this site searching for Explorer info, but here I'm coming back asking questions once again. How is everyone liking the twin-turbo V6 ecoboost engines? I'm considering getting back into an Explorer and its a 2015 Sport AWD that has caught my eye. It...
  2. P

1997 explorer 5.0 awd

I remember that exact scenario in mine a few years ago. That clicking all the time. Mine did end up being the front drive shaft as well.
  3. P

My headlights stay on too long.

I am having this same problem with my EX, however in my case, I do have the switch all the way to the left (off position) and the lights still stay on an extended amount of time, before finally turning themselves off. I no longer have the option to choose between using the auto lights or not...
  4. P

How To: Upper Control Arm / Ball Joint Replacement (Lots of Pictures)

Ok, thanks for the tips! I'm going back out to give it another try.
  5. P

How To: Upper Control Arm / Ball Joint Replacement (Lots of Pictures)

Man I am having problems with this too! I've been screwing around with that one bolt for over two hours. My hands are all beat to hell. I don't think I'm going to get that bolt out.
  6. P

Engine Sputtering

Engine Sputter I went on a road trip this past weekend and noticed something going on with my 2001 Limited 5.0L V8. It happens when I'm cruising along highway speeds about 70, low rpm's and when I start to go uphill the engine somewhat sputters and kind of jerks you a little bit. If I increase...
  7. P

New to the explorer family

Welcome Ben! I started with Mustangs and added EX's too. I still have my first Mustang I ever bought....a 69 Mach One. Tomorrow is my 20 year anniversary from when I bought the car in 1990.
  8. P

Is an Explorer a truck?

I'd have to agree with that statement. After 2001 they lost that "truck feel." I plan on keeping my 98 & 01 for a very long time.
  9. P

Do any of you guys run 16 in wheels on your 5.0 AWD's

I also have a 2001 AWD 5.0L Limited and it came stock with 16's
  10. P

just saying hello

Welcome to the forum!
  11. P

Comment by 'Packin' in media 'flash_face'

Got to love pits! I have two as well. The best dogs I've ever had!
  12. P

coolant leak cant find source

I've had a leak for several months and never could see any visible signs of the leak, until the past couple of weeks. Mine is coming from the plastic part of the radiator. I just picked up a new one this week and will be replacing it over the weekend.
  13. P

Hi

Welcome aboard!
  14. P

New guy from VA

Welcome! You came to the right place, there's a ton of good info here!
  15. P

What tires do you have on your vehicle?

Tires BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO
  16. P

Best place to purchase MAC CAI and MAC Catback for 98 5.0 Explorer?

Mac cai Here is where I got my CAI from: http://onestoptruckshop.com/ONLineOrdering/MAC_Air_Intake.htm If they are out of stock you can always check with the manufacturer MAC Performance in California. Their website is www.macperformance.com. They don't have it listed, but you can always...
  17. P

Computer not communicating

I have a 98 5.0L AWD Ex, with 79k pampered miles. I recently took it in for a state inspection and they told me the computer wouldn't communicate with their machine. I have not expericenced any problems with it, everything seems to be running fine. The check engine light has came on and off for...
  18. P

tire size

I have ran BF Goodrich All Terrains for the last ten years on my 98 AWD V8 XLT and really like them. I do have a larger than factory size tire as well. Mine are a 31"x10.5"x15, which is a good size fat tire and looks really good on the EX. The problem is most tire dealers won't install any size...
  19. P

Problem with Message Center

Hello, just wanted to check and see if y'all have any suggestions. My message center just went blank this weekend, including the overhead compass & temp. Also this morning I went to use the heater and no warm/hot air would blow out. Also, the digital reading on the climate control is now reading...
  20. P

electrical problems

Wanted to see if anyone has some ideas for me.....My message center in the console has gone blank as well as the overhead compass and outside temp. Any ideas as to what could be wrong? I replaced fuse 9 & 10. Thanks for any help!
  21. P

Suspension Questions

I'm needing some advice on what I need to do to my Explorer to make it a smoother ride. Its a 1998 V8 AWD, with American Racing 15" wheels and BF Goodrich All Terrain oversized 31" tires. 55k miles. I don't do any offroading with it. The problem I'm having is when I go over intersections or...
  22. P

Mice like wires!

Hey there! I'm new to the site, but have had a similar experience. I have two cars in my garage I only drive occasionally, to car shows and what not. One day I notice all this black shavings under my corvette. I opened the hood and holy crap....my engine was trashed! Luckily my auto insurance...
Back