Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Solved Grease fitting not taking grease

Thanks to Drew, BrooklynBay, and 410Fortune! cvxmike
  2. C

Solved Grease fitting not taking grease

Sometimes 1 or more of my chassis grease fittings will not take grease. After putting the grease hose nozzle over the grease fitting and pumping; the grease doesn’t go into the fitting but comes out of the nozzle by passing around the fitting. This continues to happen even after resetting the...
  3. C

Diagnose 93 Steering Problem

The solution to this problem surprised me. The problem was solved with all new front ball joints (upper & lower) and 2 new front universal joints. After my last posting my 93 explorer started making a front end growling noise and pulling to the right. I took it to my local mechanic. He...
  4. C

Front Brake Rotors, install

I used the thread referred to by Maniak about 6 months ago for my 93 XLT 4X4. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122696 It was very, very, very, very helpful.
  5. C

Thank you to all that gave advice! Does adjusting for looseness or tightness change the both the turning and returning required force? Why would this go out of adjustment at 13 years and 140K miles? I plan to try is adjustment soon. THANKS MUCH!
  6. C

I drive 10 miles to work and the problem is the same at the start of the trip as it is at the end of the trip. The 93 explorer has 140K miles on it and the steering gear box is the original. For preventive maintenance I replaced the power steering pump with a rebuilt pump 2 years and 15K miles...
  7. C

My stock everything 1993 Explorer XLT has a steering problem. After turning a corner it takes more than usual steering force to return the wheel to the center position. As a driver I have altered my steering force to accommodate for this problem. Please tell me what to replace. Is it a...
  8. C

Replace connector in Power Distribution Box

Thanks to James Fortune and Bill Kemp. I plan to go the junkyard route. James your experience and advice were especial useful. I went to the junkyard and got a replacement box. Bill your idea about being able to study the box was good. So far I have done that. I completed the repair...
  9. C

Replace connector in Power Distribution Box

I have a 1993 XLT Explorer. The Power Distribution Box connector at the Heater Blower Relay is starting to deteriorate because of high resistance heat caused by corroded contacts. I cleaned up the relay contacts and the blower motor is now working fine. However the Power Distribution Box...
  10. C

Choosing a Remote Starter for 1993 XLT Automatic

Thank you LBarr2002 and Brock94 for you suggestions! Mike Petersen
  11. C

Thank you 410Fortune, Jason94sport, and F14CRAZY for you suggestions! Mike Petersen
  12. C

Hello All, I would like to install a "Remote Starter w/ remote locks" on my 1993 XLT Automatic Trans, power locks with 4X4. I plan on installing it myself. I am looking for recommendations for a reliable and easy to install unit. Does anyone make a "plug and play" unit? Will the stock OEM...
  13. C

Auto Zone or Murray's Rotors for 93 Explorer 4WD

My 1993 Explorer 4wd has 135K miles and I need new front brake rotors. Auto Zone sells DuraLast for $31 each. Murray' sells Aimco for $50 each. I am looking for a rotor that will perform like the factory rotor. I don't want to put allot of money in to this explorer. I drive it only "on...
Back