Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Trans ?

Trans Just a thought - is the transmission fluid being expelled through the vent opening? I saw a similiar incident in an Isuzu Rodeo. There was a factory problem with the trans, causing the clutch packs to slip. The owner was not as careful about noticing fluid loss, so every time the trans...
  2. B

4WD Problem ???

Kanewolf: Had my '94 XLT for a few years now, and just recently got the same problem. No lights, no click/thunk, no 4wd. :( Found this out just in time for our first snow storm (only 12inches) so playing beat the clock to get this problem solved also. Keep us posted on your progress, I will do...
  3. B

Oil pan drain plug size 4.0L 94 XLT

SteveB: Thanks...after reading about the other fellow who stripped his out, I was well on my way. Almost to the proverbial "Brute force and ignorance will always overcome fear and good common sense..." As a rookie Explorer owner (repairer?) it never hurts to hear and learn from those who have...
  4. B

Oil pan drain plug size 4.0L 94 XLT

94 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 4.0L SOHC. Finally have the time, the place, and the ambition to do an oil change but can't figure out the size wrench/socket I need for the dang drain plug...Carparts.com shows a an oil plug "M14-1.50", which I'm thinking is 14mm by 1.5 cm in length. Would appreciate...
Back