Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Has anyone else experienced extreme oil sludge in their 5.0?

You should quit with the synthetic blend. Im not saying it was the sole source of your problem, but blends are a marketing scam.
  2. D

I went to start my 95 Explorer, but....

Stop taking them steroids, man....:D
  3. D

Need some code help

Why is it $1000 to fix? Aftermarket cats cost less than $300
  4. D

2 pump removal questions

Well, trust the internet to find two dissenting opinions, huh?. I just did my fuel pump last month (check the sticky at the top of the page). First, Im not sure if you are taking about the fuel tank filler and vent lines, or the fuel supply and return lines? I didnt remove the filler line...
  5. D

Fuel pump / Fuel tank - Tips and warnings

You may want to start an individual thread for this so you get better response. And do a search for "fuel pump", you will find alot of troubleshooting tips. As for your problem, I dont really know if fuel pumps can be "intermittant". Alot of people believe they either work, or dont. Do you...
  6. D

95 EB - Will not start and Scanner cannot run tests

Are you using the plug under the drivers dash, or the one in the engine compartment? OBD I systems use the one under the hood.
  7. D

New Brakes, Harder to stop

Why did they bleed the brakes? Changing pads/rotors does not contain any risk of allowing air in the system. But if they bled them improperly, they may have introduced air, it is something you could check. That being said, it is true that all disc brakes require a "bedding-in period". With...
  8. D

Question about the EGR valve and Code 337

Just an update to this. I changed the DPFE, again, and it fixed the problem. The reason I was looking deeper is because I didnt think a one year old DPFE would fail. The unit was from Autozone by the way. Ill see if the replacement from them fairs any better.
  9. D

Brake pad or Bearing?

Since you already know the pads need replacing, I dont think you should try to come up with a cause before you replace the obvious. Now, if you repalce the pads and its still happening, then.... Just saw the bit about the hot side of the caliper. Ive had pads on my Ex wear down unevenly, to...
  10. D

Hey thanks Rick. Really, with as much good advice and learning that Ive gleaned from this site, no reward was neccessary, but I appreciate it.
  11. D

My '95 XLT , 2WD, recently died, luckily in my driveway. I had just changed a brake rotor and went to move the truck and it didnt start. Actually made me chuckle: Change brake rotor = kill truck. :scratch: ;) Obviously the two were not connected. So using all the great info from this site...
  12. D

Synthetic oil worth it?

Ive seen questions like this asked many times. Using high quality synthetic is always worth it simply from the extended oil change interval perspective, you just have to take advantage of that capability. If you dont, then, no, it will cost you much more. Unless you simply like crawling...
  13. D

Please help! Explorer wont start suddenly...

At this point I am assuming so. I was dealing with this late last night after cleaning up after the brake pad change. I ran out of time to pull a spark plug to test spark and check tip condition. that is next. The fact that i get no gas smell is what bothers me.
  14. D

Ill do that as soon as I get a chance.
  15. D

Honestly, JT, I dont think I would know which sound was the fuel pump. I dont recall there being any change in the prestart "noises". Unfortunately, I dont have a gage to check fuel pressure. What I may do though is run a line from the schrader valve on the fuel rail into a container just...
  16. D

I am at a loss, I hope someone here has some ideas. 1995 4.0 V6 OHV Last night I come home and proceed to do two things, change rear brake pads, and plug in a new DPFE. I had disconnedcted the battery to clear recent codes concerning the EGR system (code 337 for those interested), and after...
  17. D

Thanks Brooklyn. What pisses me off is that my DPFE is less than a year old, and I didnt keep the receipt! Still, Ill check the EGR valve and do the vacuum troubleshooting and see what pops up.
  18. D

Ill do that. Im wondering what the actual effect is of the fault. What happens if I ignore it and drive around with it sending this code? So far, I cant see any difference in how the engine behaves. hey it passed smog, how bad can it be? Knowing me though, Ill keep tinkering with it.
  19. D

95 XLT 4.0 OHV The CEL came on recently with no change in performance or drivability. Checked codes and got: KOEO: 337 KOER: 337 CM: 337, 122 The 122 is a TPS low code, one that I have had in the past (http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159369). 337 (O,R,M) EGR...
  20. D

94 Check Engine Light- Codes pulled 332 &326

As I understand it from reading these forums, the DPFE is a known weak point in the EGR system. I had the same codes as you about a year ago and replaced the DPFE. I couldnt feel any difference, no mpg change or anything, but the codes did go away. Do a search for DPFE in this forum and in...
  21. D

New Member-Please Help!!!

Why dont you just call "carx"?
  22. D

where's my coolant!

Hell since we are all updating here, my coolant leak has been mitigated, but not fixed, by using Bars Leak in the radiator. It worked perfectly and the coolant leak has stopped. I think Ill put a post in the General section with my experience so others can make use of it. Here is the...
  23. D

Diagnostic woes

I wonder why an entire wire and connector would be missing? Thats odd. Maybe if it was just cut off you can still find the end of the wire down in the bundle. If you can then you could just solder on an extension. You dont actually need the STI connector if you are using the Check Engine...
  24. D

Diagnostic woes

bstone, here is a link to a picture of the connector. Its located under the hood, drivers sidewall next to the Power Distribution Box. You have to remove the plugs from a cover which can be a pain. Wiggle the plugs back and forth to get them out.
  25. D

Why is no info available for the SEFI diagnostic test?

Thanks Mr. Shorty. Ill definitely update this thread as I learn more. I am only using the CEL light so, as you stated, that is why I only get single digit codes. I did find the following on a Mustang site that confirms the ability of the test to lower the pass/fail criteria for...
Back