Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

99 EB x SAS D44.

nice truck how does it steer? why didnt you go high steer? you have a fancy knuckle with a flat top for high steer, but you decided to bend the tie rod and put it under the leafs. just asking - not dissing your setup
  2. S

Oil leaks on DD machine Doubler

I had a lot of trouble with mine leaking at first and i tried almost every sealant i could find - even some high dollar anarobic sealer, I always had leaks. I didn't know about Right Stuff then or I probably would've tried that too. I added a sight glass to mine because I was always worried...
  3. S

Calling All Southeast Colorado 4X4s

Yeah, I used to be a high school shop teacher down there. thing is though, I dont usually bring the truck down that way much - the wifes car's better on gas.
  4. S

bummer I was down there visiting family last weekend and was surprised how low the river was
  5. S

Hey, I just moved from Lamar this year, now I'm in Salida. There's not much for wheeling down there, the funnest thing for the locals is to drive through the river. I always headed west to get to any wheeling. I know south of Las Animas and La junta, there are some canyons that you might be...
  6. S

Help! SAS leafs?

It depends on what you want to do and how much lift. I went with leafs - it was cheaper for me because I had springs and the axles I bought already had high steer arms - high steer is pretty much needed - you can make other steering setups work if the truck is low, but you probably wont be...
  7. S

CO peeps, post up you rides!

yessir, I built everything. some day I'll make a thread with pics.
  8. S

CO peeps, post up you rides!

How about CO rangers? BTW I just moved to Salida, one of these days I'll change my sig
  9. S

Calling all Colorado Explorers!!!

I might be up for that too, I'm in salida I'm not totally against going up north either
  10. S

Colorado Colors Run 09

I should be able to attend - never been to Ouray, I've heard its beautiful Salida would be cool, too, especially since I may be living there by that time
  11. S

2002 Sport Trac SAS finally begins

dude that looks sweet what front springs were you using again?
  12. S

94 Crawler's sas thread #1

looks good You could raise the coil buckets some if it's too high in the front, they appear to be bolt on so it shouldn't be much trouble. I like how you modified the pitman, I need to do that to mine, I'm glad I tuned in today.
  13. S

Completed Project Kirby's Navajo Next Level

Just buy a rebuild kit, pull the motor and git er done the 4.0 isn't all that hard to rebuild. I did mine in about a week. but I didn't have any machine work - stock rings, just honed the cylinders.
  14. S

on my 95 ranger, it looks the same as yours, but no cable. on the '90 1350 i used for doubler, it looks like yours with the cabe. both seem to be the same size. From the pics on the last page it doesn't look like its hitting the floor. maybe some more massaging with the hammer. If it...
  15. S

What has happened to all the CO area people?

salida would be cool Gunnison or taylor park would be good too offroader_69_me - yes I get to trinidad once on a while. In fact I was hoping to do Mt Blanca sometime soon, which isn't very far from you. wanna go? probably not until may though
  16. S

that linkage came out sweet
  17. S

I used the stock crossmember and welded on some 6" x 3/8" pipe. I welded on the pipe and then cut out the c-member so I wouldn't have to worry about the ends not lining up. The skidplate is made out of 3/4" solid square stock, it's strong, I can jack up the truck under it. it mounts...
  18. S

To weld on a tank, run a hose off your exhaust to the tank fill hole with the engine running. If there's no oxygen, it cant explode. I learned it from an old welder guy I worked with once and I've done this on a couple motorcycle tanks and no boom. Just get the drivetrain in and then you...
  19. S

On the clocking- on mine, I could not clock it more than one hole, any more and the case would hit the driveshaft. I have a c-v type driveshaft. With a standard jointed driveshaft you MIGHT be able to clock it two holes. I had mine clocked at one time, but put it back to normal, I was...
  20. S

What has happened to all the CO area people?

I'm in SE CO (flatlander) I'd be up for a trail run If you don't mind a ranger tagging along
  21. S

yeah, I'm up late too. thanks for the pm heim joint linkage, interesting. If your making linkage for t/c and doubler, I bet you're using four heims - $8*4 = 32, might as well buy ten for $40 right now my doubler has a push down/pull up setup and I have the crappy e-switch for the t/c...
  22. S

on my doubler, I had probs with the 1350 shift setup too. after the plastic shift pads wore down, the collar would chew into the shift fork and I would get the glitter oil too. There's a discussion on rrorc about it here; http://rrorc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38533 which is where...
  23. S

I have the parts- the r& p are already in the truck, I bought the axles that way, but a local shop supposedly did the install but botched it up - they put the side shims on the outside of the bearings on the d44 front and they used the pinion shims to boot. When I pulled the cover the first...
  24. S

Oh, and about the clutch, centerforce is awesome, but I got a kevlar disc and pressure plate from Pueblo Brake & Clutch for like half that and it worked well- for awhile, then I pulled out the m50d and put in a c5.
  25. S

Nice build, I've been watching it for awhile now. I have done the swap to 1354 planetary/shift fork/slide collar on my doubler and it does work. The 6- gear 1354 planetary is supposed to be way stronger than the older 4-gear set, Plus the 1354 shifting setup is alot better design. I was...
Back