Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

My X eats more $ in parts than GAS!!!

Thanks for the help, plugs have been changed, yeah i was aware of the power steering noise from my 'ol 82 chevy pickup. Maybe Creager is right, I never think of the X as a truck...I treat it like a car, but it sure acts like a truck, IE my 97 c/k 3500 has too many parts to number! (and...
  2. A

http://www.gstonemotors.com/ this is my shop... Uh, yeah I first came to this site to see how people modify and customize their rigs, some pretty nice! But jeeze I drive the thing for a while... check out http://www.carsurvey.org/modelyear_Ford_Explorer_1999.html half are negative. I try to...
  3. A

uh yeah, add new tie rods due to a nice shimmy in the front end...I can take pics of the faulty part if you wish. Right on time again for it's monthly breakdown and only once did I take it to the shop chaffed airbag wires were wires that were rubbed down to the metal and thereby shorted...
  4. A

It can't be just me, but my 1998 Explorer can’t go for more than two weeks without wanting another $150 for who knows what. When I get a new problem and the first thing I do is search the forums and I find fifteen threads here how people try to fix it....WTF Given, my car does have 145k on...
  5. A

Loud Ratcheting Sound Underneath

I get the same nasty noise in my 98 AWD, from time to time, when I get up to highway speed. It's a very loud rattle accelerating, decelerating, turning. I can put it in neutral and rev the engine no noise, put it in gear it's back so it wasn't engine or another thought, heat plate, but they...
  6. A

Got told it was my ball joints but how to check

I just replaced my lower ball joints no my 98 AWD and the Chilton book says that they couldn't be replaced! just go buy a whole lower control arm! Well I replaced them anyways, had to take the CV joint off to get it out, quite a long ordeal, but I did get the chance to beat the rust of my...
  7. A

Traded my Jeep for an X, got some quick tech ?'s

Wow thanks for all the info. Been sifting through the website for other things I should do/install, one was a transmission cooler... when I went to examine the underside of the vehicle before I purchased it, I already had one! I was initially worried that it was stock and the cheap low...
  8. A

Hey thanks for the input. Got the oil+filter changed and the coolant flushed. As to looking onto bigger and better things, I do get a whine from the engine, and from what I have heard from explorers driving by it's not to uncommon. Perhaps it is a power steering pump? I am worried the...
  9. A

Got out of my 93 GC into a 98 XLT, ran through the search engine here, GREAT site!, but I can't seem to weed out some things. Fourth day I had it, there was INTENCE SCREECHING from the right rear...believed it to be a rock in the brake or something, it went away, but this was WAY too loud for...
Back