Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

1996 Eddie Bauer Subwoofer

I also wanted to replace my blown sub from my 97 JBL system without gutting it and starting over. A local shop recommended this JL Audio sub as a direct replacement: JL Audio 6W0-8 Be sure to get the 8 ohm variety since it also comes in a 4. It adds a lot more low end and considerable...
  2. M

My rear end's making noise

Actually, that would be the EXPLORER's rear end. :D It has been doing it, and some co-workers and my dad all say that they rear end is going out. Not much that I can do they say. Curiously, if going around a gradual arcing corner (either direction), the noise will nearly disappear. It...
  3. M

woofer shot

My intel says that it is really 8 ohms, but I cannot verify it personally. I'm also in the market for a replacement as mine just blew. I have the JBL system. The speaker I took out has no useful markings on it unfortunately. Just to pass along what my source said <no clue if it accurate>...
  4. M

Top Secret Impedance Of Ford/JBL Subwoofer

A stereo guy (reliability unknown) told me he thought it was 8 ohm and cautioned me against putting a 4 ohm speaker in its place. (mine blew recently) I'm still looking for a suitable replacement without re-doing the whole thing. I want a drop-in replacement and am just starting to look...
Back