Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Temp problems

Any advice?? Changed the water pump and thermo again, Have heat now, but temp is still 150 at speed, not letting it run in closed loop...drinking the gas.....any advice is welcome...and needed! Thanks Ammo Troop
  2. A

starting problems

Next time it won't start, get underneath the truck and smack the fuel tank on the bottom with a rubber mallet, and see if the pump starts working, if so, time to invest in a new pump...soon
  3. A

98 ranger front hubs

Automatic hubs by chance? If so they are prone to cracking, breaking etc. Either look for a good used seton this site or Warn makes a good manual set, not bad price either
  4. A

Temp problems

I can see the water pump working when t-stat opens, seems like good flow thru heater core (both hoses equal temp) and I'm not losing any coolant anywhere, (radiator, coolant tank) and I figured the unsteady temp needle part, seems to move with the truck, i.e bumps, getting in out of the cab...
  5. A

starting problems

Sounds like a possible fuel flow problem, Are you hearing the fuel pump run when you turn the key to start?
  6. A

Temp problems

Blocked off radiator completely, used the gutted radiator cap so any air should flow in coolant bottle, ran it up 210F thinking that should free any air pockets, removed cardboard, installed proper rad cap and temp went right back to 150 range, checked fan clutch, spins freely when cold and...
  7. A

Serp. Belt turns/Timing doesn't Ranger 2.3L

Good guess would be the crank sensor, if you removed it from the bracket instead of removing both bracket and sensor as one piece my guess would be the air gap adjustment of the sensor. Just a guess
  8. A

Temp problems

Thanks for the replys, I will restrict the air flow and post results, How should I check the fan clutch, it should spin freely when the truck is not running right? Ammo Troop
  9. A

Temp problems

Happy Holidays Folks! Need some assistance from the audience, Have a 92' Ranger 2wd, 2.3l V8 wannabe 5spd, 2 weeks ago changed timing belt, water pump, and thermostat, installed a new Mechanical temp guage (old one broke) Anyways all works well with the exception of the water temp, only...
  10. A

acceleration

I lived in Fairfield Co. Cali about 2 years back and purchased a new coil pack from CarQuest for like $150.00. Look inside the coil at the contacts, mine were almost non-existant after 100,000 miles
  11. A

EGR Help please

My crisis is such, Have a 92' Ranger, 2.3, 5spd, 2wd, ext cab. 139,000 miles Seems like the motor is struggling for air, Now I know alot of cars if you apply vacum to the intake port (egr hookup) it will stall if the intake passages are clear, Anyone know if this is true with Fords as well? And...
  12. A

Radiator question

Shouldn't have to rplace the rad, patched many a radiator in this fashion w/ no problems. running cool? probably got the coolant mixture off a little bit, or have a air bubble, try burping the system
  13. A

White Smoke....Stumped

oil in water? water in oil? Try the dollar bill trick on the exhaust, if it sucks the bill up, good indication that the head gasket is blown
  14. A

Widow on Disability - Explorer won't start

I take it the vehicle is an automatic? Try putting shift lever in neutral and try and start.
  15. A

Just tried Sea Foam for the first time,

I used Seafoam as well in my 92 Ranger, Noticed increase in power and MPG, but now it idles erratically when cold, actually stalls the first time starting, IAC has been cleaned w/in last month....Any suggestions? Sorry didn't mean to hijack thread
  16. A

Mountaineer no more

Just turned 100,000, A real strong runner. sad to see it go. Wife was leaning towards a mini(choke)van, but I am sold on the strength of the Suv class, and yes a Ford product. Pics when I get them back from photomat
  17. A

Mountaineer no more

Rookie mistake, Lost control on a gravel road around a tight corner, looks like he panicked and hit the gas instead of the brake. Insurance company only wants to give $8900 for it.
  18. A

Mountaineer no more

Hey folks, well my mounty is a total loss, rolled over three times, but the most important part is my son and nephew sustained only very minor injuries. My question to you all is... Should the front and side airbags have deployed? The vehicle ramped up a slight imbankment, nosedived on the...
  19. A

X24 Bit The Dust

I had a problem w/ a landlord, would do things to the place that was his responsibility, Sent a letter to the local newspaper, and tv news station. He is no longer a landlord :cool:
  20. A

Cannot fill gas tank

I seem to have a problem filling my gas tank as well, seems to always happen the day before payday.........Sorry, I'm just a smart ___ at times
  21. A

What is that buzzing sound

Sounds like a fuel pump since you said that your truck won't start when the buzzing noise isn't present
  22. A

speedo problems

A little help??
  23. A

speedo problems

Little help...please, I have a 92' ranger, 2.3 5spd. I have thought for awhile now that my speedo was off, well today Johnny Law confirmed this suspicion (sp) for me, clocked me at 68 in a 55. Now I always do the speed limit on this stretch of road (55mph) cause it is a big speed trap area and I...
  24. A

Overheating Quadry

I had a very similiar problem, only it was not limited to the temp guage, Have you verified it is indeed getting hotter? my problem was the voltage regulator, the temp guage would move up, the oil pressure and fuel guage as well....something else to check
  25. A

Won't Hold when On Incline (5 speed)

Sounds like a case of weak valve springs....my $.02
Back