Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

1996 Red Clear Taillights Yes its true!

thats what you think now!!! wait until you get it into a daily driver, then you think, hmm, i could make it a daily driver/street racer, then hmm, street racer/drag racer, and drive it on sunday, then you get to bracket racing....... anyway, im in the daily driver/street racing stage!!
  2. M

see the deal was i wanted blue dome lights, so i tried a few different methods, one of which was to use blue marker on the bulbs, which turned brown, then i used the stained glass paint to paint the bulbs, thats when they caught on fire, so NOT a normal thing, dont worry about it
  3. M

dude, that light is a 195, i have changed mine 30 times, after they caught on fire and stuff. 195, you should be able to find a superwhite
  4. M

NEW USER, WHAT YOU THINK OF MY RIDE???

lol, some chicks dig old cars, some like the explorer. so i figure, ill get a nice 429 SCJ in the explorer, with some glasspacks and a shaker scoop, have the best of both worlds and, to get the girls even more, i have chilly willy the penguin on the side of my car, all my guy friends think...
  5. M

**** you to hell. i hate smart people.
  6. M

wazzzap!!! long time no see. my dome lights look crazy nice at night, i did the lights on the mirrors too, all blue, it just glows when you open the door, never looked into replacement cost, im sure you could find new lenses in the junkyard. i knew you would like my rhyme
  7. M

Plug Wire Question

i wouldnt reccomend altering the wires unless you know what youre doing and have the equip for it, you need those wires to be as reliable as possible
  8. M

Why BOSCH plugs not rrecommended

my 2 cents, been running PLAT +4s and BOSCH WIRES for about a year now, i dont know if its faster, but it kicks like a donkey, and no excessive wear and tear
  9. M

spark plug wires

just had to throw this in here, been running BOSCH PLAT +4s and BOSCH PREMIUM WIRES for a year now, still sparking like crazy, no excessive wear etc
  10. M

WOW MOMMA!!!!

wow that was a lot of reading....... 5 or so pages of posts, anyway, just wanna say, nice ride superman!! bring it up here to NC, lets get our rides on a run here, i wanna see how fast an ex can go!! i'll pit the Torino with you, hasnt been dyno'd, but it can run. and again, SWEET DEAL on...
  11. M

clear corners

thats the website where i got mine, they also sell on ebay a lot, so check there, there is a place here in fuquay where you can get the superwhites man you should have asked a month ago, i just sold my clears!!!
  12. M

mlies on that engine? ill say 120k here my engine bay (not of the ex of course) i wont even tell you how many original miles on it, first to guess wins....... some kind of amazing prize, get it withing 5000 miles and ill hit you up with a shoutout on my site. friends and family dont...
  13. M

heres a little tip from me to you ive tinted many a dome light blue so dont spend all your money, fellow i also made my fog lights yellow! get stained glass spray paint, from the hardware store its cheap, it works, how could you ask for more! comes in many colors, purple yellow red...
  14. M

Air Intake Query (open air element, KKM, cold air intake)

hey fool, das mine sploro i did everything to it, you just sat there and said, "no, thats stupid, dont do that to the explorer" well now who's stupid!?!?!? mu hu ha ha ha ha (its you) i am the master of the cold air. and i dont wanna hear anything from you, Paul. We need to...
  15. M

I have $500... what to do?? nitro??

the difference between the delta and the regular is that the regular will give you more sound, but the delta supposedly gives more hp and torque. if i was you i would go with the delta, and might even consider a 50 series if you dont want too loud as far as duals are concerned, you should...
  16. M

replacement muffler for SOHC

Flowmaster 50 series for SUV: dual 2.25 in/single 3 out, $90 at jegs http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=12242&prmenbr=76&path=76%202305%202315 you will need a reducer for that 3 inch outlet, but other than that it should fit in the stock location, with the stock...
  17. M

I have $500... what to do?? nitro??

ha ha, this is a funny argument!!! nitromethane is not an additive, its the fuel itself, also referred to as alcohol. they are for completely different engines, drag and funnycars use them. you would blow a few rings in the ex if you tried it also, N2O, nitrous oxide, is NOT the same...
  18. M

Air Intake Query (open air element, KKM, cold air intake)

this can be done on any model im sure, just no exactly the same way. the cold air in MLB2Nights ride was my plan (in fact, we share the explorer, so its mine as well) its actually very simple and does give some crazy gains, although we havent had it dyno'd. he will get some pics when we get...
  19. M

Air Breather?

thats a valve cover breather, they are really for older cars that use an aftermarked air cleaner, like i have on the torino. those ones you have pictured there are very very cheesy looking, and if you really wanted one i would suggest getting a higher quality one from jegs.com or another...
  20. M

What to do about exhaust?

the only thing i am concerned about with the dumping exhaust is that the fumes will get into the passenger compartment, and that the escaping fumes will damage the paint where it comes out. there will be a LOT of emissionless exhaust going through there, so, i dont know if i can pull that off
  21. M

thats cool man, i was just defending my ride. anyway, im redoing the whole exhaust soon, still trying to decide if i want to keep the packs, do some flows, or a flowtech warlock muffler that you can uncap and run right out of the muffler. the thing i like about packs on a big engine is...
  22. M

first of all, they are not cherry bombs, they are thrush 28 inch glasspacks, the original muffler of muscle second of all, ricers dont use glasspacks, they use performance mufflers, that dont have any fiberglass at all third of all, it is foolish to assume that a 1.8 liter civic with a...
  23. M

i never got to run exhaust on my ex because it was a lease but when i got my 351 V8 in the Torino..... i love me exhaust... heres what i got on there, in order from the engine Hedman Hedders, Exhaust cutoffs, H-pipe, Glasspacks, pipes and tips for those of you who dont know what...
  24. M

Drilled or cut out air box

it is fun to try all the different things and keep track, thats what i did, and now i know what its like each stage, and can notice each performance increase (or decrease) its a simple thing to do, and is very advantageous, so have fun!!
  25. M

Spark Plug Changing Cost?

this may not help you much, but it cost me $70 to have them install all my plugs and wires in my 98 sohc, but it was a jungle in there. usually you can go to a car mechanic and ask, im sure they wont charge much for 3 plugs
Back