Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

driver side door lock wont pop up

Hi all, I had the same thing happen to me this spring and I finally looked into it earlier today. I found a spring of some sort lying around in my door latch (the part that actually catches the portruding bolt to keep the door closed. As you can see the hook on the bottom of the spring...
  2. D

Add-a-circuit fuse tap, want acc-on power only.

Thanks -- I made sure to use the right gauge wire for the amps it'll be carrying, and every wire connection is soldered, heatshrink-wrapped and electrical taped. The last thing I need is an accidental short :D
  3. D

I must be doing something wrong, because I tapped fuse 26 and I can turn the reciever on without the key in the ignition. I'll try tapping the HU this weekend just to save myself the hassle. Also I noticed my fusebox doesn't close all the way with the tap in, and we can't have that ;)
  4. D

Didn't find a switched fuse yet (haven't checked since I posted), but the aux power adapter is also constantly on, so my hunt continues!
  5. D

I'd like to add a circuit to power my new Sirius reciever only when the ignition is in the 'accessory' or 'on' position. Right now I've got an add-a-circuit fuse tap powering a radio shack cigarette adapter under my center console, which I feed the power adapter to the Sirius into. The...
  6. D

Driver Door Numeric Keypad Code

The thing that has to be mentioned is that if the alarm box is anything like mine, the sticker was facing outward into the cabin, completely obstructed by the trim panel. What you may have to do is pull back on the trim panel until you can make out what the sticker says. Either that or remove...
  7. D

Battery disconnect/reconnect question

Any recommendations for cleaning the battery connectors? I'd hate to make the job worse by applying something that's going to react with whatever's there right now.
  8. D

Battery disconnect/reconnect question

I'd like to disconnect my battery so I can clean the leads. I've never pulled the battery before, and my only prior experience doing so was on a friend's Acura MDX, which sounded the alarm as soon as the battery was reconnected. Do I need to worry about any factory alarms sounding or any...
  9. D

those with the sohc

So is there an active recall on these tensioners/cassettes, or is it just warranty replace service? I put my VIN into Ford's recall page, and while I found two that I have to schedule, it didn't report anything about the tensioners. Unfortunately at 5y 113000mi, I'm way over warranty.
  10. D

Gas Mileage Question

I've only had my '00 XLT for a week, and I've gone roughly 18mpg on my first tank. So far 100% city driving, but when I say city I really mean burbs. I'm sure any actual in-city driving would make that 18 plummet. I'm eagerly reading about some of the mods people are doing to increase their...
  11. D

Factory HU model numbers?

Anyone know what factory HUs for the second-gen explorers came with a CD changer port? I need a CD changer port I can convert to AUX in for my iPod. I love the look of the stock HUs, and I'm not interested in buying an aftermarket one -- I can't find one that looks good without any crazy...
  12. D

Rear wiper not working

I'll have to remember that. I've got it running for now, but next time it stops I'll just replace it. Thanks!
  13. D

Rear wiper not working

I swear I did this 20 or 30 times today, based on someone telling me the same thing, and it didn't do anything. I went outside and tried it once more, and it worked fine :mad: I think the neighbors think I'm crazy, wrestling with a wiper blade and cursing. Is it the motor, or a position...
  14. D

Rear wiper not working

Still going through all the little things wrong with my new explorer. None of them are extremely critical, but I'm trying to give each one a little attention. The rear wiper doesn't work. The fluid pump activates if I hold down the rear wiper knob, but turning it does nothing. I'm still...
  15. D

Oh, that crazy gas gauge!

So I'm still getting used to my new '00 green machine. In addition to all the little quirks I'm finding, I noticed that my gas gauge has a tendency to fluctuate as much as 1/8 of a tank during driving. That is to say, if I drive from home to work -- a 30 mile drive -- I may start with 3/4 of a...
  16. D

Wind rushing noise when driver window closed, '00 XLT

Ah nuts, I forgot to check to see if it was my door weatherstripping. In all the hassle of having it detailed and cleaned I must have missed it. Plus the detailers broke the plastic headliner molding above the driver door :mad: -- good thing is that they replace it no cost to me. If they...
  17. D

Well, I verified that it isn't the rear window. I didn't check the weatherstripping yet -- I'll give that a look at lunch. I'm headed to a buddy's house tonight so I'll try the hose thing. I'd love to isolate this ASAP.
  18. D

I'm pretty confident that the noise is coming from the driver's window, but I'll doublecheck on the way to work tomorrow.
  19. D

Hey everyone. My first day behind the wheel of my new (to me) '00 XLT. Everything is pretty good so far, except for the fact that with the window rolled up, I have this incredible wind rushing noise in my ear. Its as if the window is still cracked a fraction, or the door is slightly ajar. It...
Back