Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. cwescapexlt4x4

Something different, No issues with my 21 King Ranch - who else?

21 King Ranch 4WD 3.0T I just want to "buck the trend" here.... many complaints, issues but I guess I got a good one as I have had no issues with mine (knock on wood) other than everyone once in a while... the seat belt chime/proximity chime changes note and then upon next restart resets to...
  2. cwescapexlt4x4

Sunglass Holder won't latch 2021 KR

I saw some discussion here but wondering if anyone has any more recent issues and the process for the dealer to order/remove/replace as mine won't latch closed.
  3. cwescapexlt4x4

Lamin-x fog light film - installation?

As the title mentions, I am curious about the installation of the Lamin-x fog light film. I have performed this on my previous 2020 Subaru Outback Limited XT and was very simple/straight forward .... but this set doesn't look to be this way on the Explorer. First, you don't realize how large...
  4. cwescapexlt4x4

3.0T occasional engine oil smell when running/at stoplight.

Curious if anyone else notices this.... I have the 3.0T 21 King Ranch 4wd and occasionally smell engine oil when running (at stop light). I have no oil loss (drip or burning) so no idea why/how I get this smell. Is this "normal" or common?
  5. cwescapexlt4x4

If you were to buy now, would you still buy what you bought? 6th Gen (2020+)

As the title says - if you were in the same position today - You would still buy your 6th Gen (2020+) Explorer or something else/different trim? As I am considering a 22 Explorer (would be my 4th) i am strongly considering a 22 King Ranch or the all new 22 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Trail Hawk or...
  6. cwescapexlt4x4

2022 King Ranch

So what's everyone's thought, feedback or experience with the King Ranch trim? Looks like for 2022 they bumped the HP up as well to the 400 per Car & Driver.
  7. cwescapexlt4x4

Moved on from an Explorer but not a goodbye

So the time has come to move away from owning an Explorer (or a Ford) for now... as I my ordered 2020 Subaru Outback Limited XT has arrived. After owning 5 Fords (3 Explorers, 1 Escape and a Focus Wagon) it was time for a change and with the issues of the 2020 Explorer launch, I just wanted...
  8. cwescapexlt4x4

2020 reviews are starting to roll in

Autoblog - 2020 Ford Explorer First Drive Review | More than just another crossover Autoblog (Hybrid) - 2020 Ford Explorer Hybrid First Drive Review | To be continued ... TFL -
  9. cwescapexlt4x4

Squeaky folding exterior mirror

As the title states, my driverside power folding mirror assembly is starting to make some noise ... especially when returning to the driving position. Anyone else have/had this or what lube have you used? I will address with dealer if need be but I'd rather do it myself. I'm thinking a little...
  10. cwescapexlt4x4

2016 FWD 3.5 N/A (wrench error message power train)at Dealer/throttle body

i agree, they have really stepped up. I also leveraged Ford Customer Service thru here and together the timeline GREATLY improved. That being said, as long as it's a "good" part and hopefully the issue is in my rear-view mirror soon.
  11. cwescapexlt4x4

Strength of the Explorer/Utility Interceptor

To show you the strength of the Explorer/Utility Interceptor ... we had a couple days of horrible dust storms in the SE Arizona/SW New Mexico region this week and this happened on Thursday 4/28/2016. AZ DPS Sgt. Shupe (thankfully) was NOT in the vehicle but he may have survived as the driver...
  12. cwescapexlt4x4

2016 Limited windshield with "camera"

Anyone gotten one replaced yet on a 2016 Limited windshield with "camera"? I will need to, sadly a mile and half from my exit ... BANG rock hits it, saw it coming too! :mad:
  13. cwescapexlt4x4

Moonroof not closing at times

So the ONE thing I didn't really want on my 16 Limited is the ONE thing causing me an occasional issue) Christmas eve, I was parked at home and the roof decided it wouldn't close (almost but then would back up). Got a ladder out, checked the tracks (as I could) and nothing found and finally it...
  14. cwescapexlt4x4

Disable Driver Side mirror dimming?

<2016 Explorer LTD> Disable Driver Side mirror dimming - is there a way to do this? I don't like this feature and with tinted windows makes it rather dark. Ironically the interior dimming mirror seems to not be in this vehicle (which is fine) but this outside one I don't care for.
  15. cwescapexlt4x4

Out with the 13 in with a 16!

So yesterday we pulled the trigger and sold the 13 XLT and got a 16 Limited. 16 Limited FWD in Magnetic with the 301A, LED fogs, Towing package, Wheel locks, 20" Polished aluminum wheels, Adaptive Cruise Control and Collision Warning with Brake Support, 2nd Row Bucket Seats (need center...
  16. cwescapexlt4x4

Hot (105f + outside) idle change

I tried searching and since it is more limited due to our heat here but I have noticed that my 3.5 NA V6 XLT's idle changes some after the outside temp is 105+. I first noticed this a month + ago the CEL came on and once it got hotter here in early May after getting off the freeway and was a...
  17. cwescapexlt4x4

So far my 2013 XLT

About a month ago I went back to an Explorer (from my KIA Optima SX) and nice to be back up and be able to go over stuff again. I have completed the following and more to come: Stock *day of purchase* Front plate mount removed Front doors and windshield tinted Husky mats front Rear...
  18. cwescapexlt4x4

Back in an Explorer again!

As the title states, I'm back in an Explorer again with the purchase of a Ford CPO used 2013 XLT 4wd in the color I wanted as well! This is my 2nd Explorer and 3rd Ford SUV. Mods to do... HID lights, maybe dark out the grill, hitch but first will be tinting the front doors and windshield top...
  19. cwescapexlt4x4

6 CD won't play discs

Hi all, I have an 06 EB Exp with head unit 6L2T-18C815-BG and just recently the changer will do everything BUT actually play music from the CD's. Frustration is setting in....
  20. cwescapexlt4x4

Front/rear window washers

My Exp. has developed this new little "trick" where when you go to use the washer on the front, it squirts a little bit from the rear washer as well. Anyone else having this by chance?
  21. cwescapexlt4x4

Why can't Ford....?

OK so this year i have has 3 rental cars (2 non-Ford's) that have designs/features that Ford (at least my 2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer V8) does not have and honestly.... it should have. The comparision vehicles... 2006 Cadillac DTS 2006 Dodge Magnum SE (Base/rental) Features/designs... ==>...
  22. cwescapexlt4x4

Time for a Body Shop..

Trailer came loose at 60+mph and as the trailer came loose and hit the rear and then continued to in the controlled stop, created lots of damage.
  23. cwescapexlt4x4

2006 Cross bars for rack

2006 Cross bars for rack anyone have a set they don't want/need by chance? I want/need some for mine and failed to order them (why they didn't come with is beyond me...)
  24. cwescapexlt4x4

My 2006!! (repost from 2002+ forum)

COPIED FROM THE OLD 2002+ forum... and originally posted 10/22/05 Friday finally took delivery of my 2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 4x4 luxury edition. So far so good. 2 minor issues: Tail gate rattle (already have service appt. tomorrow) Touchy front passenger seatbelt and likes to...
  25. cwescapexlt4x4

1st week feedback on 2006 Explorer

OK as most of you know I got my X last week and now have had it for 2 weekends and 700+ miles. 1st off... I LOVE IT!! The ride (smooth but firm, not floaty luxo barge), the V8 power, (mileage is better than expected for brand new break-in), space (wow lots of cargo space!), comfort (seats...
Back