Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

2003 Explorer Sport Steering Wheel Replacement w/ OEM **CAN YOU HELP**

Guys, I did it! The only issue was that the airbag did go off, but I had on eye protection! The only damage was from my head slamming into the roof of the car and causing a huge bulge on the outside... pics coming soon
  2. E

I'll be using this to get started: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212411&highlight=steering+wheel
  3. E

I'm kinda pissed that my car is beautiful and my steering wheel looks like it was used to fight off a crocodile, but that's why I bought a replacement. I am most worried about the airbag going off in my face, if I disconnect the battery is it safe to work with? Also, after I reconnect the...
  4. E

How-To: Torsion Adjuster Flip

the lowering blocks are universal and can be found at almost any car parts store... ie pepboys.. kragen...autozone i had my camber kit done yesterday at a local garage... it cost me 190$ after the alignment and everything...
  5. E

Windjammer install

gracias
  6. E

my 01 sport

i think k and n is the best.. but i defanitely dont think its worth the money... but then again your name is 'bling'...:roll: :salute:
  7. E

moulding paint? we need a how-to!

thank you all!! ive decided i like it the way it is :]
  8. E

james, what is tsp and tack cloth?
  9. E

thanks im having second thoughts now but if i do do it.. expect pics what should i be paying a shop to do it? does 3-5 hundred $ sound about right?
  10. E

james, yea im pretty sure the smooth method is what i wana do... how does the paint look in comparison to the factory paint? im probably going to have a shop do all the work...explain to me the smoothie method..
  11. E

HID Retrofit Log 99 Explorer *LOTS OF PICS*

hids are the shiitttttt
  12. E

after searching for an hour im posting a thread. I know lots of people have painted the nasty off-color moulding on their X's.. I want to do the same thing so i took it to a shop and the guy said that it would eventually chip off in some areas and it wouldent be perfect quality.. Is...
  13. E

BEFORE: AFTER: heres the 2" lowering blocks: and you can see here that i have no bumpstops but plenty of travel: and heres the alignment info from sears, the only bad thing is the camber in my front right tire.. they said it would cause very slight wearing on the inside of the...
  14. E

yea i did the drop yesterday and im busy as ****... but ill get pics up in a couple of days.. im gona wash the car too : ] im going to get it aligned right now.. i hope to god they can align it : / its pretty low, but well see
  15. E

hey i did the flip and it turned out great, more or less... i have no bump stops now in the front and it seems to be enough travel so that the the frame never hits.. ive driven it through bumps to test it and the ride is perfect and it doesnt bottom out.. im sitting at 30" all the way around...
  16. E

Windjammer install

hey i was thinking about puttin this on my ex. They come unpainted right? so you have to get em painted... unless your ghetto as hell
  17. E

Daytime Running Lamps Module

never mind
  18. E

Daytime Running Lamps Module

since were talking about lights... for some reason my brights are screwed up... when i turn the borghts on my foglights go dead and thats all! i replaced all of the lights in the front of the truck... so im thinking the bright light part of the bulb went out and i just need new ones? is that...
  19. E

My MPG Mod

f**k i got egg all over my carpet!
  20. E

exhaust system

magnaflow is a good balanced muffler between deepness and internal resonance i dont like to sound faster than im going... magnaflow is best all around
  21. E

my 01 sport

does any one know how to take the third brake light out for tinting? I did a search on it and it seems like a *****... I think ill just mask it really good and paint it on the truck.. i think those explorer stickers off ebay are kinda tacky.. thanks rich
  22. E

My MPG Mod

lmao genius
  23. E

my 01 sport

for sure the only other question i had was about the third taillight. Should i leave it on the truck and mask it and paint it? or would it be better to remove it and paint it? and whats a good clear coat to use? thanks
  24. E

my 01 sport

did you use vht night shades? i just got my vht nightshades in the mail 10 minutes ago... it seems easy enough to do... has it faded at all or does it stay on pretty good?
  25. E

Audi TT VS. Lexus IS300

yea it actually stands for BLOB-EYE because of the blobby lookin headlights got rice? :D
Back