Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Catalytic Converter is Shot...now What?

i should have read all posts, sorry you have already checked those things. But fixing those solved my X's prob
  2. N

Catalytic Converter is Shot...now What?

i just replaced my catalytic converter. It cost 595.00 on my 99 xlt. I very much trust my mechanic as he has always taken care of my truck and my families vehicles. I also heard that metal rattle noise so it is associated with the cat. However also check you muffler because i also had to have...
  3. N

Knocking

no no i mean after ive been driving and turn it off like to go into Wendys and then turn it back on again. ITs a 4.0 Sohc
  4. N

Knocking

:exp: :us: Hey I have a 99 XLT eXplorer. When i turn it over after i have been driving a while i hear a knocking noise coming from engine. Manual says it could be the oil filter, anyone else have this problem? know what it is?
  5. N

Flows

update I had the flows taken off and they put on a single. It is called a Hemi muffler i believe. Its supposed to be good on performance and economy. But now shes so quiet!
  6. N

Flows

So apparently Ford explorers cannot be fitted with duel pipes. I have had them on for about three years and have been having problems with them ever since(Weld breakage etc..). Finally found out that the drive shaft and axle were knocking into the pipes and causing the breakage and grinding away...
  7. N

wiper coverage

I figured out how to make the wiper active again, but how come it wont clean the whole window, it lifts in the air halfway across. Do they sell a specific wiper at ford for this, or is it just a bad design?
  8. N

Rear wiper not working

Yes, i have the same problem and i found that shaking the arm while in the on position gets the wiper to work. My friends have a Trail Blazer and laugh at my ford for not working properly, but at least my headliner isnt sagging:)
  9. N

just washed and waxed her!

I prefer either Quick Wax from Stoners or Zymbol, it smells pleasant and gives the smoothest surface clean. Mines Black so I know how to find a good wax:)
  10. N

Leaking?

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][FONT=Arial]I have a 99 Ford Explorer XLT, i bought it from Ford motor credit as a lease return, it had 47,000 miles on it and now 93,000 after four short years. I put synthetic Mobil 1 10W30 in it and it doesnt drop or burn a tbsp.Aside from being one rattling...
Back