Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Need a little help......

I tried this earlier, at the end of a dead thread no doubt. I am currently in the process of scanning and re-coloring most of the gauges in my exp, and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in some custom gauges. Im talking hvac, speedo, rear hvac controls etc. They can be any color...
  2. G

How hard is this?

Im aware of what is required, i was just looking for an estimated time for an amateur. Im willing to do it, just want to know how much time I need...
  3. G

How hard is this?

Seriously, I want to go lower in the front, how tough is flipping the torsion bars?
  4. G

white face gauges

If there is any way you could upload that image, I work for a graphics production company, large format, POS, tradeshow quality stuff. I could get this stuff printed and laminated DIRT CHEAP. something to think about. Also, we do vehicle wraps if any of you are advertisers..... j/k. ;) I...
  5. G

Need some help picking bass.......

Oh my god, 12,000 watts, im more afraid of it than I am curious. Thats just too much, no matter who you are... damn. That other MTX is nice, but pricey. I hear ebay calling me.... thanx Luke
  6. G

Need some help picking bass.......

I used to do the whole deep bass thing. I had 3 12" subs at 800w each in a bandpass box. Then i dropped my truck. I cant afford the extra weight, and on top of that, I really had to sell my subs for Xmas $$. My question to you is, I need some cheap bass. Im thinking a bazooka tube...
  7. G

Im Hiring....!

Ha, you might be more right than you know.....! Ever since I took my Girlfriend to Disney World last year, she's always looking for the next best "vacation". You never know what may happen, I'll keep in touch with you just in case. ;)
  8. G

any one fit a 4" block yet

3" on my ride is rough enough, if youre gonna go to 4" you may want to C-notch the frame. Ive got a 3" drop with 17" wheels with low profile tires, and it looks like my fuel tank is about to hit the ground! (of course, thats what I wanted it to look like ;) ).
  9. G

I want exhaust, but which one?

If only that were legal in MA I would SO GO FOR IT! Nice ride justin, im diggin your fab skills.
  10. G

I want exhaust, but which one?

First off, im a cheapie. Im trying to get my girl "the" ring if you know what I mean, so I need to save Save SAVE! when I bought my truck last october, the entire exhaust system was replaced by the dealer, so its all new pipes. All I want to do is replace the muffler and get myself a nice...
  11. G

A little bump in your Explorer.........

wouldent something like that injure your spine?
  12. G

Help with Strobes.....please?

lol, no, its just one of those things where i saw them and was like "that would look cool on my truck", so he got them. Its really just a *cheap* accent to my blue streetglow. and no, there not wigwags, they just seem to jump all over the place. On another note, if I drive aroud a little and...
  13. G

Help with Strobes.....please?

My girlfriends little brother baught me a strobe set for xmas, $9.99 at autozone, and they installed great. Drilled through the rear of the front parking lights, and pushed them through, great seal, everything looked great. NOW, when I run the strobes, only one side flashes about 1/2 dozen...
  14. G

Whats Next?

With christmas coming, im getting loads of new things to add to my ex (in the spring, damn road salt), im just wondering, what can i do next? Im open to all suggestions, silly or stupid, just something to get my brain going (now that im out of school). Im really just looking for...
  15. G

MA/NH cruise/meeting anyone?

Id LOVE to have a meet/cruise in the MA area, of course, with ****ty snow and salt conditions, it would have to be in the spring (not to mention thats when i put on ALL of my Xmas GOODIES!). anyone willing to go for it, let me know! I live in northern mass, and would love to see some of the...
  16. G

Im Hiring....!

I need a Torsion flip done to my Ex, and i dont want to do it myself. Either im too lazy or too scared, the bottom line is, ive got a 3" drop in back, and 1.5" drop in front. Still too much wheel well showing if you ask me (especially with 17" rims). Anyone from the MA area who is lookin for...
  17. G

I Did It!!!!

Cool, youre from haverhill you say? I work in haverhill, just near the groveland/haverhill bridge, behind the Hess Station theres a business called ImageXpress. Thats where i work. If you pass by and see my black explorer, give a honk! Keep an eye out for my truck starting in the spring, im...
  18. G

Finally, PICS!

well then... Those tires are 17" with 3" LowProfile FALKEN tires. GOOD STORY: Gettin the tires mounted last summer, and the speed shop lost my order for (slightly smaller than) normal looking tires. They gave me these tires instead. you should have seen the car BEFORE the drop. U-G-L-Y...
  19. G

Finally, PICS!

i know, im a procrastinator. dont mind the fact that i havent cleaned my truck in almost a month. let me know what you think. As for the exhaust, im thinking of flowmaster with burnt 3" tips, and sending them through the rear aluminum flares (out the sides) just by the back bumper, any tips...
  20. G

I Did It!!!!

:thumbsup: Success lowering my 98 XLT! :thumbsup: Lowering the front was easy, raised the front, put jackstands on the frame, removed the torsion bolts. I achieved a 1.5 drop immediately, and im sure more will come with time. the rear however, was a nightmare! I jacked up the rear diff...
  21. G

Im gonna do it . . . but im scared!

After long wait, and finding out from my local speed shop that it would cost an Assload of money to drop it through them, i have decided to lower my X myself. Ive gotta do it, ive got no choice. I replaced the rims with 17" ssc with 3" Kuhmo AESTA low profile tires, and ive got this HORRIBLE...
  22. G

Air vents not working

I recently fixed this problem on my 98 XLT, in MY case, there was a black ball-like thing that looked like a toilet float. This was removed by my body shop when replacing my fenders, and they never replaced it. I had fallen next to my headers and melted. This seems to be some sort of vaccum...
  23. G

Q Logic

fix get some hook velcro, stick it to itself so you have a strip of two-sided hook velcro. stick it to the bottom of your sub box and the carpet/cargo liner. use as many strips as you like.
  24. G

How much do you pay to fill up now?

gas $39.00 on almost totally empty. thanks Bush.
  25. G

Couple quick questions--- camber issue and broken window arms

scissor arm I had my scissor arm fall off on the reverse side of my drivers side door. take all the panneling off, and grease up the whole tray that the beads slide in. next, bend the scissor that is bent so that it will line up with the bead at the correct geometry so that the window sits in...
Back