Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

DVD Connector

Anyone have a wiring diagram for the entertaiment system? Or know where to get a part number for the connector and/or harness? Connector on mine shorted out (moisture) and burnt 1 of the pins. Could be an expensive repair and maybe not worth while. Thanks
  2. B

Early 3 valve V-8 Spark Plug Removal

Well, finally got around to changing the plugs on my 06 on Saturday. Been putting this job off for 2 years now. I got all 8 out with no breakage. Lucky, lucky, lucky. Some tips for others that may be of help. Warmed up engine to about 150 F. Washed top of engine down to remove any...
  3. B

Rear AC

Hear rather strange noises from time to time that I think comes from the rear AC. Kind of like a "whoot" and even a siren type noise once or twice. Anybody even noiced anything like this before?
  4. B

P0442 and Scan Tool

Having problems with code 442 (Evap system small leak) and need to eliminate this for upcoming emissions test. Have replaced gas cap (twice) and the purge valve and had a look at the charcoal cannister for any noticeable damage. Vent solenoid coil resisitance checks ok and is normally open so...
  5. B

TPMS sensors

I'm looking for a set of 05/10, 17" Mustang wheels for the X. I think that Ford used both the valve mounted and band style sensor on the Mustangs, so how could I tell which sensor is used if the tires are mounted on the rims? Will obviously sell the tires, but need to make sure I get rims with...
  6. B

6R60 trans fluid change

My trans pan has no drain/fill plug in it, so with no dipstick, how do you fill the trans pan when changing fluid?
  7. B

Problem with Superoir Kit Install

Finally got around to installing the Ford seperator plate/blow-off valve this past weekend attempting to eliminate a 2/3 shift flare. At the same time, replaced the EPC solenoid and steps 1,2,3,6 &7 of the Superior shift kit. (could not do step 4 as the valve/plug could not be removed.) On...
  8. B

Superior K4R/5R55E kit in Canada?

Anyone north of the border know where to purchase the Superior kit in Canada? If unavailable in Canada, does anyone know of a "dealer" in the Buffalo, Tonawanda, Niagara Falls, NY area?
  9. B

Another with 2/3 Shift Flare

My 99 has just turned 100k and have noticed a slight 2/3 flare over the last couple of weeks. Very intermittent, occurs only when at or near operating temp (never when cold) and usually at very light throttle pressure. No O/D light flashing or CEL, yet. Had read through Glacier's 5R55E diary...
  10. B

New Treads for Street Use

Well its time to replace the Wrangler RTS with something new before winter arrives. I do not off road, this is for highway/city driving only. Narrowed my selection down to 2 brands, Firestone Destination LE and Yoko Geolander HTS G-051. Anyone have experience with either of these 2 and wish...
  11. B

Starter Motor Replacement - SOHC

Anyone had to replace their starter on a sohc 4wd? Looks like mine is toast, won't crank, but has power to the terminal and the ground checks out ok. Hope it will slide out between the front differential and the oil pan, otherwise?????? Thanks in advance.
  12. B

99 E/B Head Unit

Have the display problem with the head unit. Tried twice to clean and find any soldering problems, but without success. Can I possibly replace the headunit and retain the steering wheel controls and also the rear controls? If so, will I need any adapter wiring harnesses? Its a 99 Eddie...
  13. B

Trans Fluid Flush

When flushing the fluid today, I pulled the lines from the aux. cooler to determine flow direction. Both hoses displaced a steady stream when the vehicle was started. So which direction is the flow? From the bottom of the rad cooler, or to the rad cooler? Why did the fluid pump from both...
  14. B

Sway Bar Bushings

Finally installed the Energy Suspension front sway bar bushings on the X today. Easy install, but I don't have a manual or any specs for the 99 yet. Torqued the end links to 40 ft.lbs, as the spec for my previous 93 was 30 to 44#. Can someone confirm wether or not I'm in the proper range for...
  15. B

5R55E Torque Spec

Need to drop the trans pan to change the filter. NE1 have the torque specs for the trans pan bolts? The spec for torquing the A4LD pan bolts is 96 to 120 in lb. Is it the same for the 5R55E trans? Thanks in advance. Bill M.
  16. B

V8 AWD

Had the 93 for 7 years and think its time for a 2nd gen X. 96 to 99 with low miles would be required as I keep my vehicles a long time. Have ruled out the sohc, will consider an ohv, but the 5 litre strikes me as the engine and trans of choice. The only problems I've heard about with the 302...
  17. B

Help! - Fuel Line Disconnect

Replcing the intake manifold and valve cover gaskets. Can't get the fuel lines disconnected. Have the OTC 5/16" & 3/8" (gray/blue plastic sleeve) tools as well as the Lisle set for fuel and a/c fittings. The OTC sleeves are not big enough to fit over the male tubing, while the Lisle tools are...
Back