Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. X

2006 Explorer

I never really thought of it like that but damn, that makes TOO much sense. :(
  2. X

tjnap250f's 98' cobra explorer

the rims don't? :p it IS a very nice XLT tho
  3. X

I've been outsmarted by a screw... o_O luggage rack

I dont believe I have the wrong name.... It was actually a 2 part deal. first was a "bit" with a conical tip which was reverse threaded. Then the second piece was a handheld twisting lever dealie. I had to drill a hole (smaller than the diameter of the screw) in the screw itself then hammer, or...
  4. X

I've been outsmarted by a screw... o_O luggage rack

its called a "Tap and Die" set. and I picked one up for about 6 bucks from the Home Depot. Got the job done just right. Thanks tho ~stu
  5. X

Air dam road rash

I never said EE dams were faulty. I said they were crap. And SPINDLE, even though no one asked you, I respect you as a member and would never disregard your knowledgeable and experienced posts. I just don't understand where ritual suicide comes into play here... A little strong, dont you think...
  6. X

Air dam road rash

I can't tell if this is what we call sarcasm, or is it just a thoughtless reply? Same goes for the sig, spindle
  7. X

Air dam road rash

What I mean by "nicer" is that for less than the price of the EE dam, you get a much more crafted piece than a fiberglass band. And it SURE as hell is the airdams fault for chipping. Aldive said it himself it's not only the paint that was chipped but the actual fiberglass. Whose else's fault...
  8. X

Air dam road rash

yea I've been reading a few people dissatisfied with the EE airdam concerning general wear and tear. That's why I'm kinda considering the Xenon airdam instead. It only fits 95-98 bumpers but it's more resistant urethane construction (and steel bumper) should hold up better than fiberglass (and...
  9. X

Would Shift solenoids cause this?

torque converter clutch engage/disengage solenoids possibly
  10. X

2 campers Murdered ouside of Lane county....

man, thats a bummer.... evidently the dog was no Lassie... too bad. I hope they find the killer soon and bring a motive out. ~stu
  11. X

Brakes are making a strange clunking sound

i'll mark my calender then... ~stu
  12. X

can anyone identify my wheels?

I got the chrome plated ones on my EB. Are they a more popular style for the 2nd gens than the bare version pictured by the OP or is it that the chrome has peeled from those?
  13. X

2006 Explorer

oh yea, the "Multi-Person Vehicle" LoL I still get a kick outta those :D Horray for muddin' soccer moms! :burnout: ~stu
  14. X

there's the culprit! That's one of the caliper bolts (the bottom one) from the inside of the control arm. It had worked itself loose enough for the bottom of the caliper to slide about 1.5-2mm or so when the pads gripped the rotor. I guess it happened since I did the brakes last b/c I didn't use...
  15. X

2006 Explorer

HA! sorry, I gotta quote this too.... Minivan?!! are you nucking futs? Anyways, you GO and buy yourself a Honda. See what Ford cares :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ...
  16. X

yea thanks i think that hint helps me eliminate it being a spindle yoke problem. I'll keep you posted. I'm betting the caliper loosened a bit and is sliding around
  17. X

so no one knows whats a slip yoke?
  18. X

no, no pull. I'm about to go remove F wheels and inspect the calipers/rotors and bearings. I've been searching a little and have come up w/ tie rod problems, u-joint problems, and slip-oke problems. What and where the heck is a slip yoke? how do i inspect or grease this?
  19. X

forgot to mention it's definitely at the front end somewhere...
  20. X

OK, this morning on my way to work everything was fine until I got to the parking lot (well not really, I got caught in traffic b/c of a major accident and had to haul A$$ the rest of the way, was still late :mad: ). Anyways, upon starting my turn enter my spot, I heard a single "clunk" as I...
  21. X

2006 Explorer

from this page: http://trucktrend.com/roadtests/pickup/163_0504_explorer/
  22. X

anyone got the time & talent to photochop a bit?

Well, anyone want a little Sunday project? 'cuz #1, I suck at PS, numero dos, my linux-based OS is fubar @ the moment. It'll be fun! haha- Ok there's a few pics to chop... Gonna drop it about 2" and put her in some new shoes, the Gunner 5s (18"s, nothing TOO big), and replace the...
  23. X

new speed grille.. w/ pics (56k should be ok)

Hey Ox, the speed grilles look great. I've been looking for those on the net and couldn't find them. I appreciate the link. The billet grilles are too bLiNg for me, I like the sleek look and that speed grill helps a LOT! You should lower the wiper blades to add that little extra umph- ~stu
  24. X

Look what I Found!

yea i gotta get a couple other parts painted so, no biggie :D:D:D consider it an opportunity for customization! ~stu
  25. X

Look what I Found!

Not a too big a deal but I was surfin' eBay b/c as some of you may notice, I've got a little ouchie up front on the X and need to replace some parts: SO, I found a 3 hour old auction on a NEW 95-01 HOOD with a buy it now of $19.99 + s/h (which was estimated around $65 through Package...
Back