Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Ricks Bronco: 1and 1/2

amazing work! Have you considered a 3 link?
  2. R

HELP! I am stuck and i can't get out. (Story of the longest Whoops!)

Icepick, sharpened shovel, sledgehammer, steel pipe, plywood, and a floor jack. Do it big. After it being stuck for that long, plan on taking apart a lot of stuff
  3. R

cgriffin's '98 NJ pre-runner build!

Nice. Thats only a few minutes away from wharton state forest. Lots of good trails out there.
  4. R

cgriffin's '98 NJ pre-runner build!

What town you moving to? Believe it or not theres actually a few good wheeling spots around central/south NJ.
  5. R

need engine

man that guys trying to rip you off hardcore. that kind of cash is well into 302 swap territory
  6. R

Barack Obama linked 2nd gen. SAS

Haha that looks like fun on the freeway! Were you in 4wd for that video? A lot of guys build a link suspension with all kinds of antisquat and it still shoots straight up, in 2wd. Having it in 4wd changes everything. The axle trying to rotate puts leverage on the links, evening things out a bit.
  7. R

Barack Obama linked 2nd gen. SAS

Good job on the build man. Any plans on changing the 3-link? a 4 link in the back will probably need a lottttt of trimming stuff to fit properly
  8. R

Prefer Auto. or Manual Transmission?

Auto.... With a auto/manual valve body and a floor shifter
  9. R

V-6 to Small Block Trans Adapter

c6, with an np205(married). I think basically any 4wd c6 will bolt up to any ford tcase because the bolt pattern is the same? It needs to go into a 94 explorer sport i know the trans fits fine, what about the np205 though? IIRC rbv frames are about the same width at the t-case area...
  10. R

'93 with Full width D60/D70

If the drivers side wheel is fully flexed out, how much space does that d60 have before it hits the crossmember/other parts? Say you had a high pinion centersection, does it look like a HP60 would fit without hitting anything with the same amount of lift you currently have? (If you could...
  11. R

few questions bout axle and drive shaft

If you have a lot of money to spend, shorten a dana 60 and use it. The next best thing is a high-pinion dana 44 from a late seventies f150/bronco. The wheels will be out about 3 inches further than stock on each side with that axle. If thats a problem you can always shorten it. Plan on...
  12. R

EZ locker clunk

open up the diff and recheck all the clearances, and look for chips or guages on the teeth of the gears. Its really easy to not notice a hundreth of an inch sometimes. some clicking is normal, but not loud bangs/clunking. You also may want to check out your balljoints, they can make a similar...
  13. R

Burns SAS thread

using ctm's (or any other high psi u-joint) on untreated 4340 shafts wont last long. The ears are too malleable, and sooner or later they'll get loose and you'll have the same problem again. then again if youre dropping the cash for superior shafts and ctms, a D60 in good shape isnt much more...
  14. R

1-ton SAS

well i was planning to build up a 302 thats puts out anywhere from 350-400 rwhp, so theres no way im running it through half-tons. I have an np435/np205 from and older ford that had a 302 in it, so Im most likely using that behind the new engine. Right now I'm just mocking up all the DOM and...
  15. R

Who's in NJ? Where?

I go to wharton state forest to wheel alot, some good stuff there. Right off Rt. 206. Just make sure you stay on trails and don't just go mashing through the woods.
  16. R

1-ton SAS

I finally got tired of my TTB crap breaking every weekend, so in retalliation i tore it down to the frame, and i just got a great deal on a '79 HP60 and a Dana 70 rear. I wheel mainly in the pine barrens and every once in a while i get out to paragon and tellico, so keeping my turning radius...
  17. R

D44 vs D60 and tcase question

With 38" tires you would definitely benefit from a D60. They dont get along well with engine x-members though, and it does weigh a good bit more than a 44, so keep that in mind. Keeping the coil-spring set up is just a matter of attaching the spring perches and c-wedges to the axle. IMHO, a...
  18. R

popping and grinding from front end, 94 2dr need help asap

My 1994 explorer 2 dr( eddie bauer edt.) is starting to scare me. I put it on 4 wheel drive today and when i got stuck in some sand. The front left wheel wasnt turning while all the other wheels were, but there was a noise similar to when you put a card in a bicycle tire, except more high...
  19. R

318 swap?

well, i got a 1990 dodge d150 in the back yard, with a rebuilt fuel injected 318 sitting in it. since i basically have a free engine, i was wondering if it is possible to stick it in my 94 explorer 2 door. I also know a guy with a c4 he would be willing to donate if i went through with the...
  20. R

possible v8 upgrades

go to a junkyard, find an old fullsize ford truck and a fox body. a 351 will fit, but it will require a lot more work than putting in a 302. get a c4 from either one and transer case from the truck, youre defintely going to want the 9 inch rear if youre planning on 400hp. if youre lucky you can...
  21. R

steering problems

i had the same exact problem a few months ago. took it to the shop and they put new wheel bearings in and supposedly re-alligned it. when i got it back it was still acting up, said its because the tires were wearing in the wrong spots, and it should fix itself soon. well 1200 miles later it...
Back