Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. DOZIER

Coming Soon Ground Pounder Build

Ok, so here is a few more to hold you over for a while. Fiberglassed and sprayed with rubberized bedliner spray. Got rid of the Pioneer Avic Z1. Bought a Panasonic Strada 905U. Nice. Hope that holds ya'll over for a few days. I do have the baffle ready to go in, with...
  2. DOZIER

Alright then...This one's for you ;)
  3. DOZIER

These pics are about three weeks old. I have done alot more, but I don't want to put all the pics up yet. I want to tease you guys.
  4. DOZIER

Lookin for a sub amp... mono or 2-channel?

Typical rule of thumb for amplifiers when looking for "real" wattage, is 10 amps of fusing per 100 watts of amp rms output. If it is supposed to be 800 watts rms, look for 80 amps of fusing on the amplifier.
  5. DOZIER

Sub Placement

Man don't ask us...Stick the sub somewhere in the truck. Listen to it...Move it. Listen to it....Move it. Listen to it. It will take like 5 minutes if you loop the same track on the head unit over and over with the same bass line. Just find out where it sounds best. All cars are alike in some...
  6. DOZIER

Alternator Whine in MY STEREO?

Noise filters take away power, and then you must amplifier the power back with line drivers...Costs more money in the end to get it right if you are picky like me.
  7. DOZIER

It was the Pioneer Avic Z1. The instructors and the owner both came to the conclusion that it was radiated noise and the head unit was just sensitive enough to pick it up. There is an unbelievable amount of wires behind the head unit. Switches for undebody lights, under seat lights, rear camera...
  8. DOZIER

Mike, I already know all that stuff. I am in school for it. Paid good money to learn the right way. And it was the head unit. I replaced the head unit today with the Panasonic Strada....No noise whatsoever. So done. Thanks for the comments.
  9. DOZIER

I am running them down the center also.
  10. DOZIER

Where do/did you mount your tweeters

I got mine in about the same location, but with boston acoustic component sets they come with tweeter pods on angles, so I mounted mine to the best suiting surface. As for the 6.5's, I used 3/4" mdf and made speaker adaptors for them and they fit behind the door panels and do not hit the window...
  11. DOZIER

Come to the conclusion that the truck is emitting radiated noise. Ran the power directly to the battery along with the ground and the Acc wire. When the key is on, it is still there. Checked all the fuses by pulling one at a time, and still no dice. I was told to get rid of the radio.
  12. DOZIER

Thanks for the input. I will check out this stuff tomorrow. It is dark here and the friends all decided to go to the beach for a camp out last night.
  13. DOZIER

If you want to, you can do that. I won't be fixing it until tonight anyway. I have to get finished on the box build for the 18's. Today I am fiberglassing the inside and putting the speakers in withthe finishing trim panel. Thank you by the way for helping with the input. I will definitely try...
  14. DOZIER

The amp is brand new, and I had it before I bought the amp. I realized I had it about a year ago, but it was not this loud until I amplifies the speakers. The grounds are good, and already relocated. The problem has been singled out. It is the ignition wire that turns on the head unit. I just...
  15. DOZIER

How do I know what factory system I have?

Read the sticky.
  16. DOZIER

Yep, you heard it. I hooked up my new Boston Acoustics components and heard the alternator whine. Here is the problem. When the car is on, it has a whine with rising and lowering rpm...you know the drill. Here is something different though. In the Acc position, it is gone. This means that it is...
  17. DOZIER

99 Explorer Sport speaker size

Read the stickies.
  18. DOZIER

AVIC N-1 or Similiar Owners

If you can't find the function from the screen, then you need to go to Avic411.com They know everything you need to know and can help better.
  19. DOZIER

Got all my sound deadening finished and most of the box built. I will post up pictures later. My camera has a bad usb cord.
  20. DOZIER

Back Hatch Rattle

^^^Same here. I want to know this.
  21. DOZIER

SPL BRAGGING RIGHTS

It will be louder with the door open.
  22. DOZIER

Whirling Noise

Try running your power and ground directly to the battery. If it is still there. You know it is in your signal cable. If it goes away...Re run your wires.
  23. DOZIER

Only got in six hours yesterday of sound deadening. I like everything to be perfect. So I took my time. You are seeing two layers everywhere. Still alot to go. It was raining too, so the joys of working out of the hotel parking lot. Inside the car with the ac on. ha ha ha. And...
  24. DOZIER

I think I will be ok.
  25. DOZIER

Getting started on some sound deadening.
Back