Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Explorer Stock Radio

hello, do you think the problem might be on the display board or the main board at the bottom of the radio where the display plugs in thanks
  2. M

Explorer Stock Radio

Hello, thanks for the info I think it's going to be a circuit board problem because at times a few buttons will light then go out I have checked the board but see anything that pops out as a problem I was hoping the display board was got to fix the problem, but this must be a separate problem...
  3. M

Explorer Stock Radio

yes, that is correct
  4. M

Explorer Stock Radio

the clock lights up and station info lights up, but not buttons Lights will put the radio back in and take a picture
  5. M

Explorer Stock Radio

Hello. I have a 2000 explorer, radio has display but no button lights I see the display board does not drive the button light does anyone know what does thanks
  6. M

Dorman

Hello, does anyone know the values of the resistor's on dorman's 586-001 board this part is no longer made and trying to rebuild the one I have thanks for any help on this
  7. M

94 explorer codes 411 412

it runs fine. it is a 4.0 i retested the fuel pressure and and when i turn the key off it drops like a rock if i hit the tank presure will hold a few times then go back not holding it is a new pump maybe the ckeck vavle is bad
  8. M

iron weasel thanks for the help it turn out to be the pcm the only problem i have now it cranks longer then usual before it starts any thought on this i have installed a new fuel pump
  9. M

iron weasel i think i need to find a breakout box i still have a bad miss above idel but no codes should i still check things out like the document states even if there is no code 211
  10. M

Iron Weasel the document link does not go anywere but to google the is no doc thanks
  11. M

the other thing i dont understand is why when you hold the idle at let say 2000 rpm it runs fine then is will start to miss like you just pull off two spark plug wires then go back to running fine again and still get no codes just 411 and 412 i would think with a miss like that i would get more...
  12. M

Thanks Iron Weasel for your help, just got home from driving kids to college will check out what you described tomorrow. The only other code that has come up is with Key On Engine Off 211 but that has seem to have gone away.
  13. M

I replaced the IAC and still getting codes 411, 412 not sure what to check next
  14. M

I have replaced the IAC so maybe its in the wiring, black smoke seem to be more at higher rpm what is is the best way to check the injectors
  15. M

i have a 94 explorer that has rough idle and above idle is rough at times it will run smooth than rough has code 412 and 411 with KOER and sometimes with KOEO there is a code 211 some black smoke i had spare parts so swap out just about all senors still no inprovemet not sure what to try next...
  16. M

Over Heating

I have found that the over flow bottle has a stream of bubbles coming from it i think it has a bad head gasket or a cracked head i have replaced both heads about 5 years ago so i hope they are not crack again
  17. M

Over Heating

i have a 94 Explorer that will over heat suddenly and than will be normal i have replaceed the water pump, thermostat , rad cap it seems to run fine except for the over heating problem
  18. M

Breakout box ????

Glacier991 I have two codes i am working on the first is 214 and then 566 the info i have for these code will tell you to unplug the pcm and hookup a breakout box so you can test from one test pin to another test pin some one told me that you really dont need a breakout box if you get a pin out...
  19. M

Breakout box ????

ok when a test tells you to diconnect the pcm and connect a breakout box is there a way to do this test without a breakout box
  20. M

what sensor

i have a 94 explorer i have a (code 214 KOEO) the engine starts and seems to run fine i have cleared the code but comes right back what sensor is more liklely to cause this code the camshaft position sensor or the crankshaft position sensor i have both is there a way to check out the sensors buy...
  21. M

No 3-4 Shift A4LD

MrShorty yes it is KOEO code could the 3-4 shift sol. have gone out is ther a way to test the sol.??
  22. M

Code 214

MrShorty it seems to me i have both there is a camshaft sensor and a crankshaft sensor so how can two sensors have the same code??
  23. M

No 3-4 Shift A4LD

i have a 94 explorer with a A4LD trans i have over drive but no 3-4 shift and a code of 566
  24. M

Code 214

i was told that code 214 is a problem with the camshaft position sensor or is it the crankshaft position sensor i have cleared the codes and 214 and 566 come right back it starts up and runs fine
  25. M

Need Help

i have cleared all the codes and 214 and 566 come right back i was told that code 214 is a camshaft position sensor is that right or is it a crankshaft position sensor
Back