Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Solved 5R55E slow engagement when cold after a full rebuild.

I'm hoping that I can get some advice from the members here. I've been pounding my head against a wall for while now on this issue. I've searched nearly every thread, performed all troubleshooting steps according to ATSG and Sonnax manuals. Here are some details: 1997 Ranger 4.0L w/ 5R55E...
  2. B

01-03 Sport - Clutch Replacement

First off, thank you Ford Motor Company for making the starter removal such a PITA on the 2nd GEN 4wd Explorers. Plus the wrong type of bolts were used in the bracket holding the diff carrier to the frame - so if you want to pull that bracket to make starter replacement easier you end up...
  3. B

2 door rust repair panels

Okay, you 4 door guys seems to have it good for replacement panels. Is there anyone who stamps out rust repair panels for the 2 door? I'm looking for lower quarter sections (i.e. rocker) behind the door and in front of the rear wheels for a 2 door. Thanks Brett
  4. B

Brett's 4.0L SOHC Swap

Okay, the time has come to start this swap. While everyone was off goofing around in Moab over the weekend, I pulled my old 4.0L and 5spd from my sport. Here are the details: The patient - 1994 Explorer Sport 4.0L ohv 5spd manual 151K miles The donor - 2004 Ranger 4.0L sohc 5spd manual...
  5. B

a4ld tranny won't 1-2 shift.

Hey all - any ideas for a 1-2 shifting delay? It runs out around 45mph before it will shift from 1-2 while in D. If manually selected in 2 it will start out and maintain 2. However, shift to D and it drops right down to 1. 3-4 shifts and 4-3 shifts are okay. Thanks, Brett
  6. B

94 Explorer Radio Problem

Okay, so my truck is not out of commission, but I can't listen to any tunes! Stock Premium Sound System. Display on the Radio reads "BAD" Answers, suggestions, comments, or critisim welcomed. Brett
  7. B

Need opinions on 8.8 Detroit EZ Locker

So do you love it or hate it? Good or Bad? I need opinions. Daily driving? I've got to rebuild my rear diff and I'll be sure to not put my auburn back in there! Let me know! Thanks!
  8. B

1991 harsh starting - auto tranny

When the vehicle is started, there is a very harsh sounding noise. Like a metal grinding noise. Runs and drives fine. I just replaced the flywheel last fall and am wondering if it's going out again.... I swapped the starter and same problem. Flywheel teeth look fine. So anyone out...
  9. B

Broken Flexplate?

Has anyone ever seen this before?
  10. B

Rear Disc Brake WHOOPS!

Well, not a real glorious story, but I was backing out of my driveway in low range. We had about 40" of snow at the house a few days before - the worst blizzard Denver has seen in over 90 years! All tires were on snowpack, and I had my parking brake set and didn't realize it. Now normally...
  11. B

Wiring manuals for 1996 Explorer

Looking for the factory wiring manuals for a 96 Explorer. Something similar to the Helm manuals. If the factory shop repair manuals have good diagrams, I'd like to know. I know there has to be something out there. Brett
  12. B

8.8 ARB cross pin????

How do you remove the cross pin for an 8.8 ARB? Thanks. Brett
  13. B

What Tcase options available for 4R70W

Okay, Got a new "project" I'm just looking for various transfer case options that are available for the 4R70W tranny that comes behind the 5.0L. Please let me know. Thanks for the help. Brett
  14. B

Jumping...

Dead Link Removed
  15. B

Check Engine Light For the Guru's

Okay, The expert has been stumped... I've got a 93 4.0L and Auto tranny. When the tranny is put into gear, the CEL goes on, truck runs rough. Put it in park or neutral, the CEL goes off, truck smooths out. The only error code I can pull is 566 which is 3-4 shift solonoid. (Unrelated...
  16. B

4.0L OHV gaskets

Well, I'm freshening a 4.0L for little project I'm working on. I'm wondering if anyone has used a aftermarket gasket set available for the 4.0L OHV. Ford has an upper and lower gasket set available for around $300. I would rather go with a better gasket set that won't leak around 30K miles.
  17. B

Error Code 335 - Check Engine Light on.

1994 Explorer Sport 4.0L 5spd. Has anyone had experience with a 335 Error Code. The manuals say EGR voltage higher or lower than expected. Now, before I start throwing money into this problem, I was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem. Thanks for the help. I'll keep this updated.
  18. B

T5 Conversion

Check out the link below. Maybe some hope for our weak Mazda 5 speeds. Dead Link Removed
  19. B

Ford posts 12% rise in vehicle sales in April

WRAP: Ford posts 12% rise in vehicle sales in April Updated Tues 5/2/2000 14:12 EDT By BridgeNews Detroit--May 2--Ford Motor Co., the No. 2 U.S. automaker, said Tuesday its total vehicle sales jumped by 12% in April amid strong sales of sports utility vehicles such as the...
  20. B

'94 XLT bone stock... Want to Mod

BigDave, I'll try to answer as much as I can. First of all, if you are looking for a inexpensive lift kit, then go with a James Duff 2 1/2". Keep in mind that the Duff kit does not come with extended radius arms, longer brake lines, or any other of the extra goodies that other companies...
  21. B

Zimmerman Rear Leaf Mod

Has anyone done the Zimmerman rear leaf modification with a spring under? I currently have a JD 2 1/2" lift. The rear is sagging about 1 1/2". Does anyone know if the Zimmerman mod will pick up an inch or so? I picked up a set of 91 2wd Ranger leafs this weekend. Any suggestions?? Brett
  22. B

Brett Grooms - Englewood, CO

1994 Explorer Sport
Back