Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Dying while idle

Well like I said, one shop said it needed a fuel pump, the other said they couldn't find anything wrong after letting it run for hours. This only happens when the temp outside is very very hot. When its below 100 the truck runs great. Yesterday it was 110 out and it dies every time I stopped...
  2. L

Dying while idle

Gotta love my Ford....lol Anyways took it to 3 shops to have tests run on it. Shop #1: Did Fuel Pressure Test, and found it a tad high but not out of wack completely. Also ran a computer check and found only 1 code for the MAF sensor but said that it was because both the fuel pump and...
  3. L

Dying while idle

Well we thought we had it licked. Drove it a bit yesterday with no problems at all. Then it did the same thing while waiting in line at a drive through, started idling low, sputtering, then died when I pulled out on the street.
  4. L

Dying while idle

Ok maybe problem solved with new IAC and throttle body cleaning. Now it will continue to run but after a few mins will idle down to almost a stall and then pick it'self up to normal idle without pedal magic. Little test drive coming up to see how things work out Thanks for the help....:)
  5. L

Dying while idle

I have a similar problem that I need help with. I have a 92 Ford Explorer that dies at idle soon as it gets hot. This started a few weeks ago like this. After driving it for a while, then shutting it off for a bit, and restarting it, it would then die when idling. Thought maybe it was vapor...
Back