Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. BKennedy

RV Update / Upgrade Thread

RV ran like a champ on the way out to Arizona. Pulled up the grades at least 5 MPH faster than I remember. Sounds/feels like it's running stronger too. Cleaning and turning the MAF so it was properly orientated seemed to work wonders. I checked for codes and got zero. The solar is charging...
  2. BKennedy

Stic-o Class C RV. Say hello to Sunny🌞

The Costco 6 volts have bad reviews. They don't seem to last very long. I have four 6 volt AGM's. They work great with my 380 watts of solar. Last night I watched two movies with the surround sound going, and accidentally had the fridge on AC power. Even used the microwave and the batteries...
  3. BKennedy

Daughter Doesn't Know it Yet......

Around Kingman there is yard art and old cars all over. They all look mostly rust free. I think once the house gets finished and furnished, etc., I will drive around and find a new project.
  4. BKennedy

My 30 year old Explorer still has a rust free frame and body, and they didn't spend a lot of time with rust prevention. When I rebuilt it after the dash melted, the Ohio donor Explorer was a rusted out POS with a near perfect interior. The Ranger alignment was done without changing the shims...
  5. BKennedy

Update to this thread. Sarah has been DD this little truck. She needs more towing capacity but doesn't want to let it go. The rear main seal is leaking, and the valve cover started leaking again a few months ago. I'm not fighting that thing again. I was replacing the front pads and noticed...
  6. BKennedy

Bkennedy's SAS and Rebuild Thread

Mounted
  7. BKennedy

It does. The Goodyear Boulder tread looks almost identical to the Grabber. The 5th tire arrived today. It's identical to the others, just older production year. I'll get them mounted next week.
  8. BKennedy

My latest project: 1970 Dodge Dart 512 C.I. Bracket Racer

The deserts will be beautiful in about a month
  9. BKennedy

RV Fridge/Freezer Needs More Air Flow, SOLVED

I posted about the vent fans in my RV thread, but not here. I ended up removing these four little fans because they caused a low humming noise inside the RV that was annoying. The new stuff was all Amazon sourced parts. Instead of the four 2" fans, I went with two 4" fans. These new fans are...
  10. BKennedy

8.8 Explorer 31 Spline Axle Shafts - FREE!

Somebody please take these so I don't have to move them to Kingman next year.
  11. BKennedy

Bilstein 5125 8.25" Travel Shocks

I can ship these if someone wants them for an extra $25.00. Two shocks = $125.00 Four shocks = $200.00 I also have four yellow Bilstein's, same length. They are for the front of a F250, not sure of the year. 1/2" bolt hole top and bottom, same as the pretty silver shocks. If you just...
  12. BKennedy

Got four of the Grabbers a few minutes ago. The fifth tire should show up on Monday. I think I made the right choice. They have deep lugs and are about the same diameter as the Razr with about 3/4" less tread width. The center lugs are smaller than the Razr, which might allow more flex with...
  13. BKennedy

Tire Rack had the best deal I could find. My neighbor friend has a shop and he will mount/balance them for free. I need five tires. I tried to order them all together, but they only had four in stock nationwide. The fifth tire is a new old stock from 2020, $28 less than the rest, which are...
  14. BKennedy

Howdy. I'm JimmyMac. I'm here to steal all your best ideas. 😉

Welcome to the forum. Maybe along the way you could post some ideas for others to steal too??
  15. BKennedy

This is a older review, but 8,000 miles of the type of road, dirt, gravel, mud, snow, and rocks I will be driving. Sounds like they liked them. The Razr's are 2/3 worn in about that many miles. I'm getting pricing and availability...
  16. BKennedy

So....I bought a OBS Bronco. '92 Bronco XLT.

I even briefly considered buying it for Sarah to pull the horses around with since she has been borrowing the Silverado a lot lately. Her Ranger is getting tired, but with her 30-mile round trip, all two-lane road commute, fuel usage makes this cost prohibitive. It would be almost an even...
  17. BKennedy

The timing always sucks with this stuff. I know you have replaced nearly every maintenance item on this BB, but I just don't have anywhere to put it, nor should I be spending the money while building a house in Arizona. I was thinking on eventually getting a full-size older truck or Bronco, or...
  18. BKennedy

I have Goodyear AT's on my 2wd Silverado. Ride nice, quiet, good in the rain, but they are street tires with a little more grip. I've heard the ProComps wear out fast and cup, so scratch them off the list. I'm seriously leaning towards the Grabber X3, mostly because of the price, availability...
  19. BKennedy

BFG 35's are small. I've run them before and that's my only complaint besides getting real noisy as they wear. I looked at Mickey T's but they are $40 more a tire than my other choices.
  20. BKennedy

I'm shopping new tires. They have to be MTR's in 35x12.5xR15. Loved the Razr's but they wore out in record time, and they are expensive. I'm looking at three: *General Grabber x3. True 35" tire, quiet, good tread pattern, good sidewalls, good race pedigree. *Goodyear Boulder MTR. Almost...
  21. BKennedy

This could be a real fun Bronco https://desolatemotorsports.com/product-tag/ttb/
  22. BKennedy

Off to the dark side...

Dude, you got ducked!! Shame, shame..... I quit using RTV on different covers when I discovered Lube Locker gaskets a few years ago. I also use them on transmission pans. No leaks, even on my Explorer diffs that have been reused at least four times.
  23. BKennedy

If you keep it for another year, I will 90% be the new owner. I like those, and always wanted one just like that. Small lift, good paint and interior. Very well maintained. It's a keeper. I know a few people who might be buyers in Arizona if you can't wait.
  24. BKennedy

Stic-o's 2019 Ranger XLT FX4

Dude, that sucks. A transmission should last a lot longer than that.
  25. BKennedy

-Deathrow Update Log-

Sorry, you got the wrong year Silverado for my link.
Back