Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

2005 Ford Explorer - Eddie Bauer (Ipod Hook Up)

I never got it figured out. I had a factory DVD player that was for the backseat. At the top of the DVD player it had audio/video cables (red, white, yellow). I was able to run the wires from the DVD player through the ceiling, down the seat belt, and under the mat. The wire go behind the...
  2. R

Another Door Lock Problem/Question

Really appreciate the help, but the links are not working??
  3. R

So it turns out that I CANNOT lock or unlock the driver side door from inside the car. I can only lock or unlock the driver side door using the key in the door. The remote doesn't control it and the door lock on the inside of the car will not control it. Do you think that this means it is...
  4. R

Yes, the door lock will turn from the inside of the car. It is not stuck. I can manually lock the door from the inside with my hand. Typically, I use the remote to lock all of the other car doors, and then I lock the driver side door manually with my key. So it is kind of like a two step...
  5. R

I have been reading all over the boards lately, but I am not great with making repairs and I wanted to see if anyone else could help me diagnose this problem. My driver side door will not lock with the remote. The remote locks all of the doors on my car (except for the driver side). The...
  6. R

Playing Ipod Video Thru Rear DVD System

I tried what you said, but then I realized that it is a DVD player, and not really a "TV". Nothing comes on the screen in the back unless a DVD is inserted. So that may be a problem and why it won't work in the car. It would obviously work on a regular TV though. Does that make sense...
  7. R

Playing Ipod Video Thru Rear DVD System

My Explorer had the stock Rear DVD System that came factory installed with the Eddie Bauer. As a result, it also has the red/white/yellow audio/video connections. I have been using the red/white audio connections to play my ipod thru the aux setting. However, I assume that these inputs could...
  8. R

Rear Door Locks - Question When Parked

Thank you very much for the info. I did see that in my manual. However, I enjoy that the doors automatically lock when you put it in drive and start to drive down the road. I just wasn't sure why the doors wouldn't automatically unlock or let you out of the car when you were in Park and done...
  9. R

Thanks for all of the feedback. I figured that I was just going crazy, doing something wrong, or my car was malfunctioning. It looks like everything is OK then. Thanks! RYAN
  10. R

My car works great in that all 4 doors automatically lock when I put the car in drive and start to head down the road. The problem comes when I am done driving and I put the car in park. I am able to open my driver side door from the inside. The passenger is also able to open their...
  11. R

ipod connection with disc changer and DVD player

I have an 05 Eddie Bauer, and it is AUX buttons in the back by the factory DVD player that hangs down from the ceiling. Would I be able to hook the ipod directly into this and play it through the DVD/AUX menu on the radio? If so, what type of adaptor would I need to make it play? I wasn't...
  12. R

Can you find out more details on how he did that? Maybe a link to the part that we could order? Thanks. RYDOGG
  13. R

Bump...I have the exact same question. I wish that I had known the 2005 was such a problem with hooking up an Ipod when I was buying a new car. If I had known, then I might have gone with a 2006... RYDOGG
  14. R

Thanks for the info. I called PAC today and they said that this would only work in a 2006-2008. So I don't think that it will work in my 2005. Any other ideas?
  15. R

Thank you very much! And, you are right...My head unit with Ford is not Mp3capable. I will check out that website, and see if I can find the details of where to order, etc. I really appreciate your help. Has anyone used this specific model and is it difficult to install? How does it...
  16. R

So I have been researching this for the last few days, and I really need your help. I just replaced my 95 X with the following: - 2005 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer Edition. - It has the "Audiophile Satellite Compatible AM/FM Stereo In Dash Six Cd Radio." - I assume that this also comes with...
  17. R

Trailer Hitch For Tailgating

That is exactly what I am looking for. Thanks for the link. Does anyone know if I will have to run any special wiring or will just quick connect? Thank you!
  18. R

I am an idiot...how do I get a 12V outlet back there? I have a big hitch, and then next to it I have a little black box. I heard that the black box is the electrical outlet that is used to power the lights if I were to be hooking up a trailer. Well, I will never be hooking up a trailer...
  19. R

I have a trailer hitch on my brand new 2005 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer edition. And I don't ever tow anything (boats, cars, etc.). However, if the trailer hitch is wired for power to connect the taillights, would it be possible to have some sort of converter to make it an electrical outlet for...
  20. R

Need Help: Circuit City - Polk Audio DB 570

Thanks a lot guys for all of your help. Everyone on here is extremely helpful, and I really do appreciate your time and responses. I ordered the speakers last night at Crutchfield, and I am looking forward to finally having sound out of all 4 of my speakers. I think the next purchase...
  21. R

How do you feel about bass blockers? I am not looking for any competition bass here, I just don't want to blow my new speakers if I have a sub. I want to be able to play in loud and clear, not thug life...
  22. R

What about a warranty thru crutchfield? Has anyone ever used one of these? It seems like it would be easier thru circuit city, since I could just take it to the store. Who knows where I would have to go to get service for a warranty thru crutchfield? I guess it is just that crutchfield...
  23. R

Circuit City has a buy one get the 2nd 1/2 off of these Polk speakers. I have read in the forum that people have had success with these speakers. I really am not looking for a component system and/or the pros and cons... My question is that when I called crutchfield they said that only a 5...
  24. R

Time to upgrade. Need your help & Advice...

Thanks, I appreciate all of the suggestions, and I welcome anybody else to comment as well... RYAN
  25. R

Time to upgrade. Need your help & Advice...

Wow, I haven't posted here in a long time, but stumbled back with some questions. Background Info: 1995 Ford Explorer - 2 door I have replaced the stock head unit with a Pioneer head unit. I have an MTX SUB & AMP in the back of the car. My questions are about purchasing new speakers...
Back