Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

HID 10000K in Diamond Headlights

I was PM'ng WhiteXPlurr about his purchases. I have the $350 diamonds w/o projectors, because that's how they were designed... to project outward but not upward. The $120 kit has crap aim, and therefore requires a projector. I have already tried Audi projectors, but I am just not satisfied. I...
  2. B

Viper Alarm: Need YOUR Help!!!

Ditto... It sounds like a hack job done at $6.50/hr to me... Sometimes I hate paying for something that I can't do in my driveway, but it's easier than paying for something way more expensive later (like getting broken into and your alarm doesn't go off...)
  3. B

Trouble removing the HU in an '02

Special tool... Do you see the 2 sets of holes on the sides of the radio? A special tool gets inserted in the 2 sides, and with slight pressure, the radio slides easily out without removing the entire dash. It's in every ford out there practically... Pretty smart, huh... Any stereo shop...
  4. B

Anyone have a factory Head Unit (JBL w/CD Changer Controls)??

I am looking for a head unit (stock) that will fit in a 1996 EB with JBL (Audiophile LUX, whatever it is...) I have a changer from a 1997 XLT (Non JBL HU), but I need the factory one with cd changer and audio bus output, not individual speakers... know what I mean? Any factory radio equip...
  5. B

Wanna start a retrofit project with projectors, please help!

I'd say you have everything you need. It can be done, I have done it before - Audi parts on a 02 Grand Cherokee (sorry for swearing in the forum). Cut sparingly, and use plenty of epoxy. If it's a black car (the jeep was) then you have the option of creating "midnight housings"... Personal...
  6. B

help! marker light? size

It's a 194 bulb, but can I make a suggestion? I also have clear corners/diamond headlights, 9007 HID conversion, all the goodies... I also didn't want amber running lights. If you mix a 3157 (or 3357, whatever it is....) and a 194, the light color isn't the same. Up for some custom touches, I...
  7. B

My weekend SUCKED

cars can be fixed, people can't. That's all that matters... Hey, the rim's are ok...
  8. B

How to: Lower your explorer (pics)

Had me fooled, I thought they were red "racing parts".
  9. B

Wheel fell off

I'm gonna go on the record saying I move to raise the BS flag... I live in New England, and we see more salt use than anyone, extreme climate changes, crazy driving, horrible roads, potholes, etc... And the way I torque things, all my wheels should come off. But they don't.... I'd say the dealer...
  10. B

loud growl/whine. afraid to drive

Funny you should mention that... Reminds me of a certain ex-girlfriend on jackstands.... Rear's up, front's chocked... Maybe 4WD works....
  11. B

Won't shift out of first gear.......

it's also a good idea to check for vacuum at the tranny, not check for a connection at the "octopus". That would be my guess aswell. I'm sure it shifts eventually, it's just that most people don't like needling the thing to get it to kick.
  12. B

Help tranny and misc not on the road probs

Let's not forget how much a torque converter holds.... hahaha, it's ok man... happens to the best of us!
  13. B

melted black/white dash wire need help

black w/ white is a ground wire... I'd start by replacing ALL ground wires in the dash, and finding out what blew, and more importantly, why? This is all it gave me for the ground strap... Hope this helps. I highly recommend alldatadiy.com over haynes manuals. You can print-out...
  14. B

Retrofitting Non JBL in a JBL car....

no cdc controls... looks like a dead end. I'm gonna try ebay...
  15. B

My quest for 30 MPG - Ford Explorer Gas Mileage Tips

I hammer on it, and get 12-13, I baby it, and it never goes higher than 18.5 (On-Board Computer). I have a bad upstream O2, and it desperately needs plugs and wires. 302 - 155K
  16. B

Air Bag Light Blinks "Code 45".....

thanks guys!!! This forum is definitely whatsup!
  17. B

any more details? what would I "wire it into". Schematics for the radio/cdc show a main data wire... It has Tape controls, do these function as cd controls when a cdc is recognized?
  18. B

Airbag light

I think it's magical fairies and gremlins. Or maybe it's a dielectric plastic connector? Needs some more mcgruegelcracken.
  19. B

1994 explorer problem.

check all vacuum lines, there is a vacuum assist to the tranny (shift late on low vacuum, shift early on high vacuum) I've seen it happen before, but not usually in first only... Electronics may control other shifts higher up... I'm not a real big tranny guy.
  20. B

Air Bag Light Blinks "Code 45".....

My air bag light blinks (3 times overall) a "code 45". The light blinks 4 times, pauses briefly, blinks 5 times, then a long pause. Does that 3 times, and then stays on. Is this issue something serious, or is it a sign for something else (like a transmission issue, using the air bag light...
  21. B

Massachusetts??

Sunday 10/23 - Fall Run? Where from/to? (all depends on how many people...) So far there's.... Fall River, Attleboro, Worcester, South Shore... That's pretty spread out. Anyone else interested?
  22. B

But can I use the changer from the non JBL with the EB JBL Head Unit? I don't want anything aftermarket.
  23. B

Massachusetts??

I went out and bought a State Police Sticker on ebay... Plastered it right in the front window. Seems to work better than a lo-jack sticker, and cops like seeing it when they pull you over...
  24. B

I am trying to PROPERLY retrofit my head unit/cd changer from my 97 XLT (Non JBL) into my 96 EB (JBL). Basically, I hate the look of aftermarket stereos, and I want my CD Changer back. I have all the parts, but now what? Can I use the existing speakers without the amp? Probably not, right...
  25. B

Massachusetts??

I want to get a cruise going in the Massachusetts area. Anyone around, or up for it, let me know here... :navajo: :exporange :exp: :yelexp:
Back