Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Rough Idle

BTT. ANyone got any ideas? Mines idlling rough too
  2. C

1992 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer: What's it worth?

Greetings. I've got my hands on a Eddie Bauer Ford Explorer. It's a 1992. It's in pretty decent shape, the passenger door does not open from the outside and the ABS light is on. 4 wd works, tranny works, engine works, runs strong. Gas tank gauge does not work. No major rusts etc. There's...
  3. C

Remote Start

I have a Clifford Remote Start on mine. It starts, leave run, unlock/lock, opens the back hatch (the window). $300 installed. It works from way far away. There's an antenna right by the rear view mirror
  4. C

Serpentine Belt Help

Could be the idler pulley. Wife had a saturn that did something very similar. It was the pulley
  5. C

all wheel drive problem Ford cant fix

That is amazing service. Wow.
  6. C

Seatbelt alarm removal

My biggest problem is I've sat in the truck running/idling and that damn thing starts dinging. Tha's annoying. I'll give this a shot tommorrow.
  7. C

Facia crack on rear gate grrrrrr!

There's a recall for faulty hinges?
  8. C

2003/Cruise Control Issue

Same thing for me. The dealership tried blamming the remote start...:confused:
  9. C

Buying soon... V8 or V6?

Get the 8. I got the six... want the 8
  10. C

seat belt alarm--how to disconnect??

:rolleyes: The only thing I'd change about the safety belt reminder thing, is I wish it didn't come on when in park. If it would beep in drive, fine, but damn why in park?
  11. C

pics of my new 265/70/16 A/T tires

Ford Dealer did it. I think they had to program it. :troops:
  12. C

Laptop mount/desk for notebook pc

PM Tower. He did this using a docking station and a touchscreen. It's awesome. I've been meaning to get in touch with him, but I haven't had the time.
  13. C

pics of my new 265/70/16 A/T tires

VERY similar to what I put on mine. I had to recalibrate the speedo
  14. C

Door unlock feature - can it be changed?

If I remember right my 98 Mounty had the feature. Not positive.
  15. C

I bet your 98 has the feature.
  16. C

I hated this too. I got a Clifford Remote Start installed. When you shut the truck off it unlocks the doors. Handy when the munchkin and I running around.
  17. C

Info-Setup-Reset What would you buy?

That sounds a little high. Maybe 14 -15,000, but not the 16.5
  18. C

New tires Give me some ideas and pics

I'm getting mine installed right now. It's getting larger ones on it, unsure what size. I can email pics to you if you'd like.
  19. C

4X4 auto ????

4x4 Auto... Only kicks in when needed - use all the time 4x4 High ... Slip differential, can be used when snow covered roads, then dry, highway speeds, off pavement etc. 4x4 Low.... USE ONLY IN MUD OR SNOW, instant explosion of transfer case if used on pavement or dry roads at high way...
  20. C

Shopping for an new X.

I know the 04's had them. I looked at two identical 04's both White and one had the rear seat, one didn't. I went for the one without it. I wanted the infloor storage. I saw that in the Exploder and basically said "I'll take it!". That's the damn handiest thing. Sooooooo much crap nicely...
  21. C

Advice on Extended Warranty?

I bought the Ford Warranty. I was one of those that got hosed by Warranty Gold 3-4 years ago. Since then I'll only buy Factory Warranties. If the OEM goes under I've got bigger problems then the warranty. Plus ANY Ford Dealer will take it. If I'm in BFE and the Exploder chucks a widget, I...
  22. C

Has anybody noticed that almost all the older 3rd gens Sag?

Yeah, that's like comparing apples and oranges. I'd sure as hell hope the Toureg would ride better. I'd bet even Henry Ford would think so.
  23. C

Has anybody noticed that almost all the older 3rd gens Sag?

Usually front ends sit lower the the rear. This is because of preplanning when people get it or throw in grocerys, it'll lower the rear. Don't want the front end 6" higher then the back. Horrible? Really? I had a 98 Mountaineer and that thing handled worse then the 04 I have. Odd. I...
Back