Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Front end noise

Does turning to the right make it louder?
  2. D

Very slow oil/fluid leak on 4.0 --- any thoughts?

Are you sure it's oil? Any fluid levels low? My Mustang had a very slow drip out front, turned out to be the steering rack. Is it collected near any tell-tale components, dripping onto something so you can look above it? Best thing you can do is follow the drip straight up to start getting a...
  3. D

Wheel bearings

I just did my front, and it was incredibly easy. Just go through it mentally so you can get all the tools lined up before you start.
  4. D

1993 - Please help, leaking coolant... w/pics

I would definitely look at the heater core. Different vehicle, but when it happened to me it drained out the firewall (there was actually a drain tube for it). Core is cheap and easy to replace (but can be time consuming).
  5. D

Had some warranty work done.. its amazing what dealers bill for this crap!

I bought my 04 in 05 and got an extra warranty. They wanted 1200 bucks, I said no. They asked what it would take, I said roll it into the loan and I'll pay an extra $5/month. Done, added. So over the course of 5 years I only paid $300 for it. Not a bad deal, considering all the work done...
  6. D

ABS Light Still On After Sensor Replacement

You won't need bushings to just change the ball joints.
  7. D

ABS Light Still On After Sensor Replacement

Don't forget to show those upper ball joints some love!
  8. D

4x4 auto

I believe auto only engages the front if it senses the rear slipping.
  9. D

Ripped off on a 2003 XLS...

For that window, if you do hear it engage and it's just not moving, then remove the door panel and beat the metal of the door like it owes you money. Just a couple good smacks while holding the down button. This is common and a little tough love can go a long way.
  10. D

Strange idle search at startup (with video)

So about a month ago I had no issues. I had disconnected the battery, and expected there would be some re-learning. I started it up after reconnecting and the engines starts and the RPMs drop very low, then search around and finally stablize. All of this happens within the first few seconds...
  11. D

Front ABS Sensor Location

Yep, tie it up out of the way and you'll see the sensor. Just takes an allen head bolt and it should slip out (be careful of the o-ring). Might have to give it a little wiggle on the way out. It'll either slide out easily, or you'll break it.
  12. D

Front ABS Sensor Location

Yep, in the hubs. As for replacing, some people have success pulling them out (I had no issues), others can't do it without the sensor breaking.
  13. D

Rumbling steering wheel.

I had this a very long time ago, ended up being a bad tire.
  14. D

abs light - hub

Agreed on manufacturer, if you're replacing a junk brand with the same junk brand, I would expect a subsquent failure.
  15. D

overheating

You need to provide details. What symptoms, a sample scenario and exactly what happens when it happens.
  16. D

'04 Limited explorer premium sound system/OEM stereo

See if this thread helps out.
  17. D

Can I open the liftgate window without a remote?

Such a common problem solved by a little tough love. Just gotta repeat every once in a while (for me it was about once a year on my Mustang).
  18. D

tranny downshift kick

Yeah, my inner child is giggling his butt off :)
  19. D

MPG - Windows Down or A/C

You beat me to the Mythbusters reference. As soon as I saw the title of the thread, I knew what I wanted to post... but no, I'm beat to the punch.
  20. D

Engine will not Crank

Or push it all the way up, to ensure everything registers that it's in park. Had a loose linkage on a foxbody once upon a time, had to push forward on the gearshift (in park) while turning the key.
  21. D

Can I open the liftgate window without a remote?

I knew it had to be there somewhere, I had faith that Ford wouldn't omit something so critical. So when my wife and I left the dealership the day we bought it, we stopped at the store on the way home and needed to open the glass. Couldn't find it, called our sales guy and he knew right where...
  22. D

Weapon R?

It's very interesting, to say the least. That there's an A++ for originality!
  23. D

Weapon R?

Ok, maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me, but it looks like the battery tray is a blue plastic parts bin?!
  24. D

Motor Mount PDF's Needed

Here is the motor mount info. As for the trans, is it AT or MT?
  25. D

Hearing Noise After Applying Brakes

Read through this thread, does it sound similar? http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281070
Back