Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

95exploderboy's Full Width SAS

Looks like I picked a good time to randomly stalk around my old haunt, let me know if you need an extra hand.
  2. S

Something w/ rabbits. 72.5 pages of BS

That helps, but the best thing to do on aluminum is back off the pedal a little and add a dab of filler once you've backed off a little so the crater gets filled up. Dips are spaced a little to far apart, they may look nice but having them spaced so far apart makes the joint underfilled as a...
  3. S

LD50 Full-size axle thread `93 Ex

Im not so sure about that. I would bet that the heat from the welding, even if you cooled it off between welds would be enough to warp the cap and cause it to bind and wear unevenly. Possibly end up destroying your needle bearings, causing the joint to seize and overall making the problem...
  4. S

Writeup on front diff removal?

Just found this one, unless someone thinks something should be added I wont bother making another one. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=53863
  5. S

Writeup on front diff removal?

Ive been looking around trying to find a writeup on how to remove and install the front diff on a 95-01. Since I havent found any I was considering making one when I change out mine in the coming weeks. I got 4.10's from a junkyard vehicle and I am just swapping the entire housing. If there...
  6. S

WTF rear wiper broke

IM having a similar issue with mine right now, i think its some kind of electrical gremlin. The wiper used to work great, then it all went dead washer and everything. Fuses and relays are good, I cant think of what else it would be.
  7. S

Looks... interesting to say the least. I guess no one can give you slack for underbuilding it.
  8. S

Rear wiper's dead

Recently ive been trying to get my rear wiper back into comission. It went sometime last fall, but worked great up until that point. I replaced the motor with one from a junkyard, didnt work. Checked the points and I only get 12v constant to one wire, no matter what the switch is set to. I...
  9. S

locating a front axle

You seem like you need to do some more research, your only reasoning for going with a leaf sprung 30 is because " you just always liked it" and 30's have a lot of aftermarket support. Both good and true facts, but this is something that deserves to have a little more thought put into it to...
  10. S

new Blackjack pics

You know, I have a 9" laying in my garage with a truss already on it? If you want it its yours. its fullwidth, but they arnt hard to shorten.
  11. S

Adam went, I didnt because I had nothing to wheel in. Such is the life of a (now) web wheeler. Ballistics stuff is pimp for sure, but their customer services does suck. The few times ive dealt with them it hasnt been the best. Ruffstuff is awesome, more plain less bling but prices reflect...
  12. S

M&G time! May 23, '09

I might not be there saturday, ok4wd is having a truck show. I will be there sunday for sure with a friend. We can still commandeer seats from you right? Being a webwheeler isnt as glamorous as it seems. Def invite zapper, five, whoever. Its going to be pretty busy because of the king o...
  13. S

M&G time! May 23, '09

Snicker Snicker... Ill be down in waldorf around that time, but im not sure of the exact dates yet. Maybe ill plan accordingly so I can shoot in on my way down/up. If I do come down, I might have some bling for spas. BTW, once I get home for good ill get a quote for those wheels, jack...
  14. S

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=572943&highlight= Thats adams build, he's got a nice little nitrogen tank in the cab of his ranger. Edit: Found it http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8074491&postcount=234
  15. S

oh before I forget again, me and adam (aking -ranger on 60/airshocks) and supposedly linds are going to RC the weekend of the 17th, if any of yall wanna come then lets go.
  16. S

new Blackjack pics

You have any plans for the bracket on the underside of the arm rest? Or the cupholder part of the console?
  17. S

reschool me on my d-44's

If it was a typo and you have a 77-79 1/2 or 3/4 ton then yes it should work with the matching year ford rotor. If it is an 87 your SOL. Also if you want highsteer nows the time to swap knuckles (unless you lucked out and already have them)
  18. S

Tellico Action Alert Tellico Closed!!!

Figured id update this since its gotten so much attention :( Tellico is closed until March 31, 2011 or at the supervisors discretion. Personally, Id be surprised to see it reopen and if it does you can be sure it will never be the same. I really wish I would of had the chance to wheel there.
  19. S

wait, didnt you already have a 1354 man case? or was it just an auto in front of the doubler
  20. S

Superlift Install Tips

if I remember ill take the old pics I have and put them on my new photo bucket probably also some pics in the emily rose thread in my sig
  21. S

I vote for buy steelies and weld on's, I did mine in a few hours and they worked great, never slipped or burped or anything. The ones I mig welded leaked a little but could easily hold 5lbs for a few weeks. The ones I did with tig never leaked.
  22. S

New year's 2009?

I vote for rc or hazelton, both are about the same distance from me. RC mainly because it has better wheelin. Ill also be leavin on the 4th for utah :p: so ill probably just make it an overnight trip.
  23. S

new Blackjack pics

I will be home the weekend of the 17th and thanksgiving so anytime you want drop it off.
  24. S

new Blackjack pics

I have welded up a few cracked alunimu wheels before, we have a wheel repair guy bring his stuff to us. Ive built up the aluminum to the orig shape and he shapes it back in form, paints and clearcoats it. He has done some pretty awesome work. I wouldnt be surprised if with some careful...
  25. S

94 Crawler's sas thread #1

how much lower does it hang now?
Back