Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

Halloween @ SMORR - Rocks, storys, friends, big fires. Then sign up!!

####ed my knee up this morning on a run... I'm out :(
  2. I

5r55e high pressure spikes at WOT

There's no continuity from either terminal to the case, but judging from the low resistance it looks like the coil shorted on itself. Drove the truck some more last night and all still seems normal. This pleases me :) Headed to SMORR this weekend, we'll see how well that thermo bypass is...
  3. I

Halloween @ SMORR - Rocks, storys, friends, big fires. Then sign up!!

Transmission is fixed. New valve body + old TCC solenoid.. As long as it holds up like it has all night I'll be there with the wife and puppy.
  4. I

Dropped the pan. Wiring was good. TCC solenoid was 0.2 ohms... Pretty far out of spec for a supposedly 'tested' one from central valve body. Checked my old TCC and it was 10.6 ohms. Swapped it in, filled her back up, cleared the codes, and it's good as ever. Pressures look higher. Under high...
  5. I

Dropping the pan is easy. The first time I did it I had a nut brazed in for a drain plug ;) The first VB work I did on it I must have pulled and replaced the VB 4 times before it worked right. That was a fun day... I tried the brake tap trick on the highway earlier, TC is definitely not...
  6. I

I'm now thinking the solenoid wiring inside the pan. It would explain the symptom staying even after the VB swap. Pulled the connector off the trans and did a resistance check on the TCC solenoid pins. 0.2 ohms. Should be 9-16. EPC checked out fine. Checked the TCC solenoid in my old VB...
  7. I

I'll have to move my pressure line around to get to the EPC port. I think it's on the right side of the trans? Got the Innova 3160 and pulled codes, P0741 after a couple miles of driving and P0743 on a KOEO test. Line pressure test results: Low in Reverse and neutral (it pretty much sits at...
  8. I

Line pressure is tapped from the line pressure port by the manual shift linkage. I see now that it says the EPC regulates line pressure, hrm.. I was going to take my ATSG with me to work tomorrow and dig through it more deeply. EPC was replaced with the VB. The pressure is no longer pegging my...
  9. I

I do have a copy of the ATSG for this trans. The computer controls the solenoids, but I thought that the EPC solenoid would only affect EPC pressure, not line pressure, which is what I am measuring. It looks like the Equus 3120 and up can read transmission codes. These are fairly affordable on...
  10. I

New CVB valve body installed, same issue. Odd, I didn't think anything outside of the valve body would influence the pressure.. Thoughts on this? Also now getting a flashing OD light after driving for a few miles. This is new as of today... Going to go to a trans shop and have the codes read...
  11. I

inh's 5r55e internal thermostat bypass how to

All done! I can confirm that installing it exactly as shown in the pics is the correct way, and TONS of fluid now flows through the cooler. When I started the truck to get fluid back in the cooler lines (i flushed them out) in the couple of seconds it took the truck to shut off once I yelled at...
  12. I

inh's 5r55e internal thermostat bypass how to

If the diagrams in that post are accurate, which I'm sure they are, then the ID of the Superior bypass plug shouldn't matter, as it's only purpose is to keep a valve permanently depressed. There's never actually any fluid flowing through or around it. I just got a CVB valve body, going to...
  13. I

5r55e high pressure spikes at WOT (codes P0741 and P0743) Today my transmission started doing funny things when downshifting or accelerating at WOT. It will spike to 500-600 PSI (estimated, based on the needle pegging on my 0-400 PSI VDO trans pressure gauge) when accelerating at WOT from a...
  14. I

The Black Hole

Lookin' great man! Cant wait to do mine :) OH! and I HATE YOUR STATE! I can't get on chat because this internet sucks so I figured I'd just let you know here. Nice weather we've been having >=[ Never thought I'd say this but I miss KS... Be safe out there!
  15. I

The Black Hole

It sounds like it's time to DIY your alignment. From what I recall when I was looking in to this for my Honda, the measuring tools aren't THAT expensive, it's mostly just time intensive. I'd love to offer you some links but my bookmarks are all gone :( Something to consider though, since no one...
  16. I

The Black Hole

I just did the inner tie rod on mine and I see no way to get the boot back on the rack and secured properly without dropping the entire thing... :(
  17. I

IFS Heavy Duty Upgrades!

Here are some pics of my Raybestos Professional Grade passenger UCA:
  18. I

IFS Heavy Duty Upgrades!

Yup yup :) Raybestos chassis parts site has a parts finder to help you find the part number for your specific vehicle, and whatdya know, that little app on their website is the same as the M-N one ;) Thanks for posting the link to that part, it's exactly what I need and isn't coming up when I...
  19. I

2nd Gen Front Skid Plate, TurboExplorer

That's exactly what would happen though.. Imagine picking your way through some rocks.. Tires roll up a rock and the skidplate clears that nasty pointy rock in front, until the tire comes down the other side of a rock and that one right in front of you goes straight for the center of your...
  20. I

IFS Heavy Duty Upgrades!

Dont forget that Raybestos is owned by the same company as M-N, and the Raybestos Professional parts look to be the exact same but about $30 less at places like rockauto :)
  21. I

2nd Gen Front Skid Plate, TurboExplorer

I REALLY like this, nice work man!
  22. I

Anyone else make bullits?

I need some whiskey reloads then ;)
  23. I

K&N with a snorkel?

I am. It will also have the option of coming out just above the fender, for the times when I don't plan on being in water up to the windshield :) 6 inch PVC might be what I end up using also, if I cant find the correct 8 inch fittings. I found 8 inch PVC caps though, which is a start.
  24. I

K&N with a snorkel?

I think I get what you're saying.. As for the factory airbox, I really like my Amsoil filter. It's given me the cleanest oil I've ever had and doesn't leave an oily buildup on the MAF sensor.
  25. I

K&N with a snorkel?

I have this bad boy on my 2000 with the 4.0 OHV: I'm trying to come up with a way to turn the metal plate behind the filter in to an enclosure that would be both water tight and simple to open up for filter cleaning/replacement. So far I haven't had much luck but I would love to hear what...
Back