Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

opinions?... 26's

that looks clean man! how big are those rims?
  2. M

opinions?... 26's

and i appreciate everyone's comments and opinions, thats why i posted this... and the reason for the 26's.. 1. i like big rims, 2. everyone has done 22's and 24's..., 3. well.. i like big rims lol
  3. M

opinions?... 26's

honestly i have been doing a lot of thinking.. i am going to raise my truck a little as possible.. right now its about 3 inches lower than stock front and rear.. the cool thing about metal is that all it takes is a little cutting, welding and paint.. and BAM there was never a problem! im...
  4. M

Ways to protect against theft...

i have some posted in the pictures part.. its green.. lowered a bit..
  5. M

oh yeah.. not to mention that my box weighs 250 pounds.. bolted to the floor of my truck.. and the single 18 mounted in the box weighs over a hundred pounds in addition to the box.. its bolted in with i think 16 bolts.. neither is quickly or easily removed.. no single person would be able to...
  6. M

i have the two way alarm system as well.. i sleep very light so it wakes me up.. and i carry a pistol.. and a shot gun.. ready for war. lol.. not to mention my truck looks like a narcotics unit.. blacked out windows, black police rims and tires.. etc.. and i dont hide my weapons when i get out...
  7. M

opinions?... 26's

im determined to make make them work, even if it means a rough ride, cutting and rolling fenders.. whatever.. its not going to be a daily driver for much longer so i think it would be a fun project.
  8. M

opinions?... 26's

they were on an old pontiac car, it was a "donk" .. 85.. they are a "chevy/ford" bolt pattern... 26x9.5 ... not sure on the back spacing yet. hopefully will be test fitting them this week sometimes.. will definitely post pictures when i do tho. i now work at a rim shop, so i have the resources...
  9. M

opinions?... 26's

Oh and by the way.. my truck is a 1995 Ford Explorer.. 2 wheel drive.. 4 door..
  10. M

opinions?... 26's

how much lift do you think i would need to fit 26 inch rims? ive come across a set with tires.. 305 30 26.. yeah i know its stupid, dumb, retarded, pointless, etc... but i think it would be fun, any tips or pointers would be nice!
  11. M

projector headlights on ebay. one piece

yeah, i like the black ones a lot.. they say they are plug and play, so hopefully they actually are, if not i can make them work, they did the hard part..making the housing.. cant wait to order them. when i do, ill definitely post a review, and pictures.
  12. M

.....erratic temp guage

i had the EXACT problem with mine... i ended up changing the actual gauge in the dash and all is well..
  13. M

projector headlights on ebay. one piece

i saw some headlights on ebay, they are a one piece design (corners and headlights). projectors ... come in black and chrome finish.. has anyone tried these yet? or seen them as well? this is the link.. they look pretty cool...
  14. M

Explorer on 31s

nice looking explorer dude!! love the look, 31" tires on stock height..you know what that means...you can probly fit 28" rims haha.. nice wheels too btw
  15. M

Supplementary alternator wiring: 4.0 SOHC

i put a 200 amp alternator on mine and also upgraded my primary ground and positive wiring from alternator to battery all to 2/0 guage wire... its a bit massive, but it definitely charges!!
  16. M

1998 Explorer XLT Stalled Out PLEASE ANSWER

i agree with jtsmith.. without actually being there to see it myself it sounds like it is definitely a fuel supply problem being either a failing fuel pump, clogged filter, the relay or a combination of the three.. most likely the fuel pump though if it died while you were driving it.. for...
  17. M

fuel problem ....relay?

according to ford, the after market fuel pumps have been known to be the cause of that.. i had an aftermarket pump for a while and it fried the pump relay under the hood, so i replaced it with a ford fuel pump and relay and since then it has been fine...
  18. M

Truck just shut off for no reason and without warning????

is this the v6 flex fuel model? if so i know of one other case where this was happening.. it ended up being the throttle body. 1. Monitor the voltage across the throttle actuator wires while the problem is occurring. To do this, backprobe the positive lead of a voltmeter into the Dark...
  19. M

Looking to go to 23s Anyone got any Sugg?

i know those are 23's in the picture of the white explorer... but whats on the red explorer? 22's? because i want to go with 23's on my ex.. but need to know what backspacing and offset im going to need.
  20. M

Weekends work: Clear corners and black grill

by the way.. i love the grille man looks real clean.. did you just use a rattle can to paint it? or what?
  21. M

nahh, i got them off of a crown vic. :) but they are the same exact kind of rims as on a rangers spair tire.. if its a 16inch rim.. my brother is a mechanic for a local sheriffs office.. lol i also have strobes hidden behind the grille and in the rear tail lights..
  22. M

mine has black rims too..
  23. M

what's a good tire for a 16" OEM wheels?

the dueler h/l alenzas are an excellent choice! ride just as soft as a michellin and handle 100 times better! (no sidewall fold like michellin). just bring the rims to a shop and tell them you would like to buy a set of tires and have them mounted on the rims you bring in.. if they want to sell...
  24. M

and yes the 1998 rims will fit on the 1999 sport.. if you wanted to go with a low profile tire.. im running 225 60 16 goodyear eagle rs-a's on my 1995 explorer.. that tire size is very common and very cheap in price in any brand that you decide to go with. i wouldnt go much lower in profile than...
  25. M

tell you the truth.. i would not got with such a narrow tire... i would say you should go with something like a 245 70 16 or something.. and definitely stay away from kumho pr pirelli.. stick with firestone..destination le, or a bridgestone dueler hl alenza.. or dueler ht.. they will last...
Back