Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Engine Economy

Did he check to see if the fuel was returning to the tank? Sounds like the fuel pressure regulator is "STUCK" in the closed position.. SYMPTOMS poor mileage poor acceleration smell of rich mixture from exhast smokes when under heavy acceleration Codes will point to rich mixture, O2 problem.
  2. M

Thermostat Question

Top, Front, Center of the engine..Top Radiator Hose goes to it... No way to check it without pulling it out. They are cheap, so I'd say just replace it. be patient..Those top bolts are tough to get too.
  3. M

IAT < Help, Location in 1991?

IAT=????
  4. M

please help

Behind the rear panal on the passenger side. Chances are, you blew the amp. You need to by-pass the factory amp. Try doing a search on this, it has been discussed and detailed instructions given many times.
  5. M

help xplorer won't start

Relay is under the hood, there is also a LARGE fuse in the junction box for the fuel pump. The code reader comes with a book that explains things fairly well. At $20, if it points you in the right direction, it is cheaper then replacing parts on an elimination hunt. Mine developed a Fuel...
  6. M

Check Engine Light - Happy Holidays NOT

Vague Greek at best.... Couple questions.. Smoke, loss of power, poor fuel mileage? Fuel pressure Regulator Rough idle, "light" smell/smoke of gas? O2 Poor acceleration, maybe a "miss"? Throttle position sensor As far as the MAS goes, cleaning it will help, but chances are it did not...
  7. M

Tire Size?

you can run a 31x10.5 on the stock wheel..Don't know if you will have clearance issues or not.. Best thing to do is get a "test" fit.
  8. M

help xplorer won't start

Fuel pump is a great place to start.. Relay under the hood, see if it's blowen. If relay is good, and you are getting juice to the pump..BUT, don't hear the "hum". It is probally bad. Only thing wrong with an electric pump, it's not a slow death, it either works or it doesn't. Once you...
  9. M

just installed drive belt, keeps comming off.

If it is squelling, it may not be the belt.. If the pulley is moving front to rear, or has ANY wobble in it, then you need to replace it. On the 91-94, there are 2 idler pulleys..Cheap and easy fix..Think I gave $14 for the last one I bought...
  10. M

Southern X's

Try useing the search function on the board..USE ECX and Ga Explorers If I remember right, there were 3 guys in the Atlants area, and a couple alittle further south that were interested. As far as not trying hard enough, do your homework before making such a comment. I worked on it six months...
  11. M

35's with 15x8's and 4.56's?

3.73 DOES HAVE ENOUGH NUTZ FOR 35's.... I've been running this way for 2 YEARS. So far, I have been EVERYPLACE the guys with the 4.56's go. Do I wish I had lower gears? Sure I do, but the combo will work. I'm running a 35x12.5 Procomp MT on a 15x10 wheel and have NO rub, and have done NO...
  12. M

Tire Air Pressure

BTW... The semi version are expensive to maintain, unreliable, and tend to "stick" in poor weather conditions..Know this first hand, we trashed 50 of them a year ago because of upkeep and repair cost.
  13. M

Tire Air Pressure

I think I got the pump at www.northerntool.com or www.harborfreight.com "Air/Truck" Brand or vice versa I agree, it would be "cool".
  14. M

Tire Air Pressure

LOL..I use a $30 electric pump, a $2 valve stem remover, and a $3 tire pressure gauge now...For $35 total investment, you can't beat it. Sure, it takes 5 minutes before heading down the trail, and another 5 when I'm ready to head home..BUT hey..I need the exercise ;)
  15. M

Southern X's

Stop by Dead Link Removed We would be more then willing to help. I tried to get something going in Ga last year and didn't get much response. IMO...You will be better off grouping up by States. Even concentrating on just Florida, alot of us have a tough time making it to all the events...
  16. M

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! 4wd Low Inop

ElectricalDead Link Removed Should answer your questions. Good Luck
  17. M

Tire Air Pressure

Interesting...Would love to read some more on this. Is there a site we can check out? My only fears would be sand and grit at the junction point, and all those air lines under my rig and at the wheels to be torn off by rocks, limbs, ruts, etc.... Interesting, but I'm thinking not practical for...
  18. M

Front lower shock mounts sheared off!

I did the same a couple years ago..I got a used arm at the bone yard...Took a days work, but was good as new and had no worries when done.
  19. M

coil spacer rating

About the same level... Not much to it, Remove wheel, remove lower shock, unbolt sway, remove lower spring retaining nut (1 1/8"), remove spring, insert spacer, reverse order.. Good Luck.
  20. M

Lucas Oil Stabilizer

Hey Jon, if your serious about the build, we will talk about it next Saturday. hate to see you get hosed on this stuff, it gets pretty expensive. Decide what you really want and send it to me. I have some contacts with a local Speed Shop and he gives me some pretty good deals. NOS is the...
  21. M

Coil spacer bolt ???

Check with member Hank...He put them on his 2x, had to get extenders for the bolts.
  22. M

5.5" Superlift

I'm running 35's, but also have 2" BL and Coil spacers..No trimmimg required. Also running 3.73, plan on going to 5.13 in the near future. I did keep the crossmember.
  23. M

Will this fit on a 1992 explorer

The wheel will fit, but you are going to have a tough time finding a tire wide enough to fit right. You may want to go with a 15x8 w/a 31x10.5 tire. It would look better and fit better with the smaller lift..IMO
  24. M

Tire suggestions for a '93 Sport?

In general, an AT will give a rough ride. As well any tire LABELED, "LT"..Stay away from CONTI's, I'm running them on my F-150, ride rough as hell. Running Michelins on my Suzuki, they have a good ride, running big procomp's on my Ex, terrible ride.
  25. M

New Person asking a question!

WELCOME Welcome Dingo, Engine and drive line mods are always a great place to start. Then you have to decide how you are going to use your rig, all road, mid off, serious off roading... There are tons of mods for the 91-94 Ex. out there. Take a look thru the "before and after" forum, when...
Back