Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. U

2006 V8 Explorer-Need to replace torque converter, anything else?

I did not originally clear the PCM because I was lazy and skeptical it would make a difference but I unplugged the battery for a little bit on Sat and much to my surprise it seems much better now. My drive to work is short so I've only made those drives plus one other 1 hour trip but I'd say it...
  2. U

So I did a filter change with about 7 new qts of fluid. It's better but certainly not fixed. I'm going to run it for now versus putting in a new torque converter. I really don't feel like doing that job or paying to have it done. My drive to work is only about 10 minutes and we can take my...
  3. U

I'll try a new filter and fluid tomorrow and go from there since that is ready and cheap. I doubt they've ever been changed. I've had it since about 80,000 miles I think. Didn't do much towing with it at first but last year I got a boat that was about 3000 lbs with trailer and this year I...
  4. U

At first I was just seeing the tach jump about 250 rpms with regularity when cruising. It only does it under light throttle, kind of the opposite of bad coils or plugs. My coils and plugs were all replaced last year because I was getting misfires under load. Definitely does it in 5th and 6th...
  5. U

I have a 2006 Explorer Limited with V8 and just shy of 150,000 miles. I'm pretty sure it needs the torque converter replaced as I'm getting a consistent shutter when cruising around 1,700 rpms. Very consistent to what I experienced with my 2017 Transit but that was replaced under warranty. I'd...
  6. U

Help with tire sizing, spare?

I understand all tires need to be the same diameter. I don't know what the tolerance is for difference in height but based on this experience I'd say it's less than I expected. I did have the 275s on the vehicle when I was comparing height visually so I hadn't thought about that but it would...
  7. U

Typo, sorry, it's fixed.
  8. U

I have a 2006 V8 Limited with the auto 4WD. It's all stock except for 22" Ford Edge wheels with 275/40R22 tires. Last weekend we stopped at my in laws on the way to the beach when I noticed a rivet in my right rear tire(who knows how long it's been there). We tried to take it somewhere nearby to...
  9. U

Passenger side manifold replacement, rear ac lines in the way

I was fortunate that this job was done to the vehicle just before I bought it and all studs were stainless and they came out well. About 70000 miles later the passenger side was ticking so it was time. I didn't have to remove the starter. Its tight of course but it's all doable. Finished up this...
  10. U

To update my own post, you need to take off the plastic clip that holds the ac lines to the inner fender. Totally remove that and you'll be able to move the ac lines around enough to get the manifold out.
  11. U

I need to replace the passenger side exhaust manifold on my 2006 V8 Limited. The manifold is loose, no broken studs but there are what appears to be rear AC lines in the way. I can't get the old manifold out. Is there a way to do that without opening the lines and moving them? I of course would...
  12. U

Gauges Die, Warning Lights On, Truck Runs Fine

2006 Explorer Limited V8, totally stock except for 22" Edge Sport wheels and an aftermarket headunit, both of which have been on for 6+ months. About 125,000 miles. In August while driving on the highway my speedometer, tachometer and temp gauge all quit working. At the same time I got warning...
  13. U

Looking for OEM Vent Visor

Yes, they are OEM. Each piece has Ford on it.
  14. U

Looking for OEM Vent Visor

I had to repair a section of my vehicle wrap and in the process I broke the passenger rear vent visor. Does anyone have that piece or all 4 pieces laying around they would sell? I want OEM so it matches all the other pieces.
  15. U

Looking for rims

Tires are 275/40R/22
  16. U

Looking for rims

Nope. Bolted them on and went.
  17. U

Looking for rims

I'm running 2010 Edge Sport wheels. They are 9x22 et35 and fit perfectly.
  18. U

4th Gen Explorer Pictures

My 2006 Limited that I bought in January to replace my 1997 Explorer. As purchased.... Today... Only mods so far are the tinted windows it came with, the Ford Edge 22" wheels I added and I wrapped all the stock wood grain trim in carbon fiber.
  19. U

Roof rack suggestions?

That's what I would do. Did it for my brother's 2005.
  20. U

Disable TPMS?

I wanted to do this as well so I didn't have to deal with sensors in my new wheels. I had a friend who works at a dealer bring a scanner tool home to see if he could disable. He dug through every menu he could and could find any option to disable.
  21. U

School Me On Tire Pressure Sensors

My Explorer is my first vehicle with tire pressure sensors. I'm looking to install aftermarket wheels and would probably sell my OEM wheels. Do newer Explorers or Edges have the same sensors? If I buy wheels that have the correct style sensor do they need programmed to my car in some way? I'm...
  22. U

No Ambient Temp-2006 Limited

You were right. Don't know how I missed it but there is a little button right beside the display on the HVAC controls.
  23. U

Yes, I have the auto temp. I believe its the only option that came on the '06 Limited. I thought I messed with that looking for ambient temp there but maybe I missed something. I'll look at it again tomorrow.
  24. U

My 2006 V8 Limited does not display the outside ambient temperature in the dash like I expected. Is there any way to tell if it is supposed to? I replaced the temp sensor in the grill by the driver's side headlight thinking maybe that was the issue but it didn't change anything. I've gone...
  25. U

Captain's Chairs to Bench Swap Questions

My parents have a 2010 Explorer with a second row bench so I took pictures of how the seats mount to compare when I went a looked at the 2006 Limited. I don't know how easy the swap would be hardware wise but you would need to replace the carpet if you didn't want unneeded holes in your carpet...
Back