Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Installing a 99+ bumper.

Anyone have one of those books that does a breakdown of the vehicles and shows you how its all goes together. If so would you happen to have anything about the 99-01 bumper. If so could ya scan it or email it to me, ill paypal ya 5 bucks if you wish :)
  2. H

Question on fitting a 99+ bumber on a 95.

Ok as you know from the woops part of the form my front bumper got nicked. I think I can get the insurance to replace the full things 1995 XLT (6) Bumper mounts ((2) side, (4) front) Bumper Lower Valance Plastic trim in bumper So all of that is gone... What I want to do is use the...
  3. H

People and Yields

Yeah, I hear ya. Almost got rear ended like that too one day. Sad to say it was almost an 18 wheeler that would have rear ended me. Sadly I couldn't dodge because someone when strait from a turn only lane on my other side. So basically I was gonna hit one of two cars :( So I went with one...
  4. H

People and Yields

Long time no see guys, but I guess if its in the woops section it cant be good right. Long story... but hey I had time. About 2 years ago around this time I was hit by someone not yielding at a yield. Well luck has hit again, and I do mean that. Someone yet again blew right past a yield and...
  5. H

95 Explorer: New Foglights needed.

So have to get the full all season kit then? Do they or someone else have a kit without all the fog/covers that you dont need?
  6. H

95 Explorer: New Foglights needed.

Ok, maybe I just suck at searching, And I am willing to bet somewhere in the mess of threads has what I want. So feel free to point me to an old post if you wish. Recently on of my fog lights went out on my 95 explorer. It has been in there since stock. So when I took it out, it would not...
  7. H

Issues with the ole gal... please help me out.

Long time no see guys… I guess it’s a good thing though right? Well I am having some issues with my ole Explorer, and would like some opinions on what it may be. Little back story so you can get an idea of what leads up the events. Feel free to skip this part. But I think it may play a...
  8. H

Goodyear Wranglers First Maine storm and I LOVE'EM

Well I am glad you’re happy with them, but I am not. So far ive got them to replace 8 (bought 4, had 3 tires replaced 1-2 times). At some mileage point 6k they just start getting unbalanced. Plus the one that has made it through is only at 10k miles and is ready to be replaced. And from what...
  9. H

SilverStar Ultra

While entitled to an opinion and well respected, and may have the numbers to back it up, i know the silverstars made a day and night difference for me. Not sure what was in the ex before, I may assume original stock 1995. As for the topic of discussion, the ultras... im not sure to be honest...
  10. H

Cuts off at 99MPH!!!!!

mine does, at 87 it stops going any faster. And it hard as hell to get it to 87, it starts struggeling at 83. The truck is 100% stock and according to every place is in 100% working order. But honestly, anything over 80 in that SUV or any for that matter is scary. Every single one ive...
  11. H

Cross your fingers for us...

took them near near 6 weeks to get to mine. This was with about 5 calls weekly. But it seems it could have gone faster, but the other guys agent went on a 2 week vaca. Then after I got it all looked at, it took almost 5 weeks to get a check.
  12. H

How is your AC performing?

Not sure how cold it gets, but it will freeze me out even if its 107 degrees outside. Then again I replaced the whole A/C system a few months ago. Not as costly as I thought it would be. Its always nice having to turn it off max a/c because your freezing. Frozen on the inside of the car, and...
  13. H

Cross your fingers for us...

50-60% is the par norm with older cars. I know on new ones it can go as high as 80% Good luck, but it may be toast. Just buy the truck back though :)
  14. H

What does "SC" mean on overhead temp?

I cant seem to find it in my owners manual. But providing they kept the same equipment as the 95's then its reads well past 110 ;) A few weeks ago I set a new record of 117. The hottest my little white truck has seen. Today was about 107.
  15. H

Battery Terminal Covers

I would agree, but I do wash my engine bay weekly, and check it weekly ;) As for what one, I just need the negative terminal cover. Funny how this seems to be the one that’s missing/broken. DBray6: Broken as in how? If it was the same as mine was a few weeks ago I might still be able to...
  16. H

Battery Terminal Covers

Ok I know this sounds dumb, but I lost one (more-less popped off on the highway some how), and its starting to get on my nerves. I was wondering where I can get these replaced, or if anyone has the one I need sitting around? I would go out to the truck now, but its 2 am. It’s bugging me that...
  17. H

Climate control can't go into recirc by itself!?

ouch the pain, the pain... I personally wouldn’t want it to come on all the time by its self. I live in a humid place right near a lake, and well I flip mine on when I want it. If you wanted it to start up, then you could have bought the non-auto kind and just keep in on max a/c ;) If you...
  18. H

A/C Compressor Doesn't Cycle Just stays On

I dont know, before ya droped it off a quick was to test it is the connect the wires that pluged into the switch. If it turned on every time it was the switch or low pressure. but if it came on in the first place when you started it up and just didnt work when it cycled than the pressure would...
  19. H

A/C Compressor Doesn't Cycle Just stays On

Had this happen on mine after getting the system fully redone after my compressor went out. Nothing like spending 300 bucks and it pulls the im on and cold, shut off to cycle and never comes back. In a 110 degree heat my truck almost found its way to a junk yard it ticked me off so bad. But...
  20. H

A/C Not Working

Yes I can see where creating the circuit would cause some problems when it may be low. But one thing he did not comment on was when the last time it was working. I assumed it quit within the past few days and up till that point it was cold air and had been cold air. My problem is that it...
  21. H

A/C Not Working

Just recently had the pressure switch go south on me. It was easy to tell; I just pulled the plug on the accumulator and then stuck a paper clip from on side of the plug to the other to complete the circuit. The A/C compressor finely engaged at that point. I then went to replace the part...
  22. H

A/c Switching on and off???

theres only 2 settings on the explorer that has it off. One is the vent only symbol, and off. lol As to the location, off is in the center, and the vent only is the first one to the left. Thes rest on the right side is A/C and Max A/C which does turn on the A/C system. The entire left side...
  23. H

low idel when A/C is on

I dont know if it would act up all the time. In the case of mine, it didnt. Only acted up between the cut in and off of the A/C. Other than that, it seemed fine. It just idled a little high, and tried to die (drop down to 500 rpm's or less) every blue moon or so.
  24. H

low idel when A/C is on

Well I had the idle air controler, and the a/c compressor replaced. I can tell you if its running right with a/c on its 900 rpms, and when its off its 800+ maybe even 850rpms Then again this is on a 95 4.0 v6 OHV
  25. H

What are those headlights?

As for the e-brake thing, yes it isn’t the best brake in the world, but if you use it correctly and its adjusted right, you can stop fairly quick. In my moms 95 thunderbird the master cylinder went out (yeah Ford cant make a good one for there cars to save there life) on the tollway here when...
Back