Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Do I have ABS?

but how do you tell it has rabs?
  2. P

Do I have ABS?

sorry I don't understand what 3.55 gear means. does that mean I have rear ABS? front ABS? both?
  3. P

Do I have ABS?

And yes, I meant "4 door" when I put 4D.
  4. P

Do I have ABS?

The axle code is 45 - what do you think?
  5. P

Do I have ABS?

Hey thanks Formandan87 - can you tell me how you know? Is it cuz all 91 EB's have them?
  6. P

Do I have ABS?

Hello - I have a 1991 4D automatic Eddie Bauer edition...how do I check if I have ABS?? Thanks!:us::us::us:
  7. P

leaking water?!

thanks! I knew about water and A/C but never heard of defrost. Learn something new everyday!
  8. P

leaking water?!

levishake, Thanks for the reply. I was not running A/C but I did turn up the heater to "defrost." Are you saying that caused it?
  9. P

leaking water?!

For the life of me I couldn't figure out where the leak is from. It drips down from the passenger side of the engine. It is not anti-freeze - it's color less and has no consistency to it. Anyone got any ideas?! :us: :us: :us:
  10. P

swooshing sound and rough idle

Hi All, Started up my 91 explorer and I heard this loud pop coming from driver side engine compartment then my car started to idle very rough - it died eventually. It will start again but will run rough and die. I can hear loud swooshing noise, like air leaking or being sucked out. I also...
  11. P

Blown head gasket?

Ok I think I have a blown head gasket. My coolant disappears mysteriously and engine overheats quickly. I have a bad back so I can't work on it myself. Can someone tell me approximately how much it's gonna cost me to fix it? Also, if it's a cracked head (I'm praying it's not), how much for...
  12. P

Fan clutch replacement?

I think my fan clutch needs to be replaced. My a/c dont blow as cold when stopped at a redlight and the temperature gauge shoots up fast. The radiator is a year old so I'm pretty sure it's not it. What do you think? If you think it's the fan clutch, have you replaced it yourself? was it easy...
  13. P

left blinker not working

Hello, I have a 91 EB and today the left turn signal stopped working. When I turn it on, the green left turn arrow in the dashboard stays on, but nothing happens to the outside left signal. The right blinker works fine and when I turn the hazard light on all blinkers work per usual. Any...
  14. P

Lifters making ticking noise

Hi All, I have a 91 EB that makes ticking noise when engine's turned on. A friend told me it's probably the lifters making noise from dirty engine and flushing the engine with detergent should get rid of the noise. Is this true? Also, is it just an annoyance or I should seriously consider...
  15. P

Help! Leaking Gas!!!

Hello All, I have a 91 EB that is leaking gas! I'm not really mechanically inclined but today after I started the engine I smelled gasoline and saw gas leaking pretty fast when I looked at the bottom of the engine. I stopped the engine immediately because I was sure it was going to catch on...
Back