Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Remanufactured Engines

Gaudin Ford is a joke, they took in my X for 3 days to take care of recall items and never touched the truck. Pick up a Nifty Nickel and look at the ads. Last time I looked there was someone in town that has 4.0's for $1800.
  2. R

D44 TTB in an X

Currie had a custom 44 TTB swap that they did for someone but figured the cost was out of most peoples reach and therefore scrapped the "kit" idea.
  3. R

Rebuild...

I have been looking around too and found this site http://www.ford-motors-engines.com/ford-engine-504.html?make=FORD 7 yr., 70k mile warrantee is unreal. I don't know anything about the company, but sounds good.
  4. R

How much are Superlift Radius Arms??

Not sure how they are going to feel about the welding done to fix them, even though it was a temp fix.
  5. R

Ford NF-155???

Yup, stopped at the dealer on Sunday because I saw the NF-155. Cool truck, but they wanted 42k for it.
  6. R

Another 8.8 carrier question

I would think if the axle shafts are the same dia. it could work. I know the axle tubes are smaller on a ranger so the axle shaft bearings can't be the same.
  7. R

427 cobra jet

Here's the site http://www.shelbyamerican.com
  8. R

427 cobra jet

Shelby is building the new models here in Vegas. Sweet cars!
  9. R

SkyJacker 6" Lift?

What format is allowed? Maybe I can change it.
  10. R

SkyJacker 6" Lift?

I've got the Skyjacker Master Catalog from 2001. 4" class 2 lift kit part # is 234EXK-A with Hydro shocks 6" class 2 lift kit part # is 236EXK-A with Hydro shocks There is a seperate part # listing for every part in the kit if you need to replace just one piece . I can scan it if someone...
  11. R

Help me locate these tires!

There is a place in Yuma, AZ. that used to sell alot of them. I'll see if I can find the name. My father-in-law has them too, not that big though.
  12. R

transmission sluggish till warm

You might want to switch to synthetics and see if that helps. Conventional ATF will thicken up enough to do that. What temps are you at now?
  13. R

WTB: Jeep Parts

Sure, I'll do it tonight and email them to you.
  14. R

camber bushing removal

Could be frozen in there. Spray it with WD40 and grab some channel locks and try to twist it. It should slide right out. Make sure you scribe it's position so you can get the camber back into alignment.
  15. R

oil pan leak--gasket---crank seal leak

The engine needs to be pulled in order to replace the pan gasket, thats why it's so expensive. The crank seal can be replaced somewhat easier, the crank pulley is pulled and you can get to the seal without removing the pan gasket. At least this is what I have read and been told. Have not done...
  16. R

Is Moog the brand to get?

I've used both TRW and Moog, and can't say which is better. One of them gives you the snap ring on the upper ball joint.
  17. R

Will I have trouble warrantying a broken radius arm?

Here you go, http://www.therangerstation.com/BrokenLiftBrackets.htm
  18. R

Will I have trouble warrantying a broken radius arm?

No you should'nt have a problem. I would'nt tell them that your not the orig. buyer though. I had to pay for it up front and when they got my RA back they gave me a refund. Just make sure that they understand what you broke. The first time they sent me a RA drop bracket instead of the RA! My...
  19. R

Cruise Control Not Working?

Mine ended up being the brake light switch. A vac. line runs to the top of it and if the switch is not pushed in all the way CC will not work.
  20. R

What a deal. I can't believe that, well at least your not stuck with something you can't use.
  21. R

Haha, I was going to make a snide remark about having a YJ, but I did'nt want to put salt in a fresh wound. New frames run about $130, so I would think a used one would be about half. Rust might be a problem for you though. I'll check around here and see if I can find one.
  22. R

Well I get 53.25" at the middle trying to measure at the center of the rubber. That frame looks almost identical to a CJ frame. Sorry
  23. R

You may be real lucky here, 54" at the btm, 52" along the top, and 15.5" high in the center. Radiused corners sux! ,tough to get a good measurement.
  24. R

Doh, I'd call them and cancel the order in the morning. I think a CJ is a couple of inches narrower. :( Wait, what is the dimension you need and I can measure my jeep.
  25. R

I just found this Dead Link Removed
Back