Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 1

Climate control Airflow selector knob

I have this same problem. Is epoxy not strong enough to bond the pieces together again? Or will it just end up breaking in a month or so?
  2. 1

2002 Explorer running hot when idling

thanks for the info. That makes sense. I'm gonna check that out. Tell me this: am i at risk by still driving for a few days until i get it fixed?
  3. 1

2002 Explorer running hot when idling

My Explorer is running hot when I'm idle. Is this just a simple case of I need to add coolant? I find it odd that it goes back down to the normal range when driving. BTW, would i need to green coolant or the orange. They asked me that question at Advance. It is a V6 4.0 2WD. thanks
  4. 1

Door AJAR Switch Replacement on 2002XLT

WD40 has stopped working for me. I want to punch a hole through my door beacuse the door ajar light goes on and off and is accompanied by the "BEEP!!!" It's enough to drive you crazy. I will be getting on this ASAP. Thanks for the write up!
  5. 1

Keypad entry

I have an '02 and it was quite simple. You need a small mirror, though, to read the code ont he sticker. Don't waste your time with the airbag or what ever. It is located on the passenger side behind the panel between the back seat and the trunk area.
  6. 1

"How To" replace L.R. door latch, actuator, and door ajar switch on '03 X

I tried to get in there but it got dark on me. I was looking at the pictures and couldn't figure out why door didn't look the same. Then I finally realized that he is taking pics of the back door. It seems like there are 3 star screws holding the latch in that will need to be removed. Is...
  7. 1

"How To" replace L.R. door latch, actuator, and door ajar switch on '03 X

can the sensor be removed and not replaced?
  8. 1

Stuck Air Vent - Blowing Issues - 2002 XLT

Thanks for the replies. I will give this a shot today after work. Oh, and I used to have a 92' Explorer, but now have an '02. Didn't feel the need to change my name on there, though.
  9. 1

Stuck Air Vent - Blowing Issues - 2002 XLT

This is the worse time for this to happen. No matter what setting my vent selector is on (MAX AC, AC, Upper fan, lower fan, window defrost...) the vent only blows air from the window defrost and the floor. It does not come out of the middle vents that blow right on you. It randomly worked...
  10. 1

94 XLT hood stuck closed, please help.

Sorry to bring this back up but I need help. I have a '92 and the hood rusted shut. I wd40'd it and tried to pop the manual release as described above, but something is different. The manual release (at least what I think is the manual release) is difficult to get to and hard to pop...
  11. 1

V6 or V8???

I just purchased an '02, xlt v6. I was considering the v8, but the decision came down to more than just the engine. The v8's I saw were either not the color I wanted, too expensive, too many scratches or too many miles. If new, go for v8. If used, go for what you like. No one sees the...
  12. 1

Power window cables

Me too. I have this same proble and have not been able to fine an answer.
  13. 1

02 explorer, to buy or not to buy

I bought one about 2 weeks ago and I am satisfied. I had a '92 which I loved. The only issue I have had so far is a noise, maybe from the shocks, when I go over bumps. I have a warranty so I will get them to take a look at it. Other than that, I am satisfied. I have been getting 15.6 mpg.
  14. 1

HELP. How can I remvoe the center console and front panel?

Thanks for the help, but could you provide a little more info? I found one bolt under the area in front of the cup holder. THe only other bolts I found were in the bottom of the cubby area. Do these need to be removed as well? I looked at the lighter, but I don't understand what you mean by...
  15. 1

HELP. How can I remvoe the center console and front panel?

I can;t find anything on 02 and later exoplorers relating to console removal. I am installing a satellite docking station. I need to access the cigarette lighter from the inside. Any ideas?
  16. 1

Removing window motor

Here is a good link on this subject. It was a pain to get to the motor. Drilling a hole is the best thing to do. http://draco.acs.uci.edu/explorer/window.html
  17. 1

Keypad on drivers door

GREAT!. That did it. Thanks for the help. It was farily simple and took a total of 15 minutes.
  18. 1

Keypad on drivers door

Thanks for the tip. I just got an '02 with no code. I will try this when I get home.
  19. 1

Transmission Trouble with '92 Explorer

Well, that's less than I thought, but more than I want to spend. I guess I'm stuck. Anyone want to buy a '92 explorer?
  20. 1

A little help from the experts.

My money has been delayed. I can't get it until tuesday! In the mean time, what are some of the mods that people usually start with? How does the obsession grow? Do people do interiors, too?
  21. 1

Sounds expensive. Is it something I could fix?
  22. 1

I have about 169K. This problem started about 5k miles ago. I have purchased a new Explorer and I am just trying to get this in selling shape. If it is not the fluid, am I screwed?
  23. 1

Hmmm. I kind of suggested that but the guy told me that there was no transmission fluid in manual cars. Where do I check/add this fluid?
  24. 1

I have a manual transmission in my 92 explorer. Lately, it has become more difficult to get into gears. Mainly reverse and 1st. Sometimes I will hear a slight grinding when switching into 2nd or 3rd. My "mechanic" said that Fords are notorious for developing a synchronization problem over...
  25. 1

A little help from the experts.

Thanks for the input. I thought it was something simple, but I didn't know if maybe the front end was damaged and they just did that rather than the original. It checked out in carfax just fine. I can't wait to drive it home. After seeing all the crazy stuff you guys do to your explorers...
Back