Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

4.3l sohc v6?

Why kot be lucky sometime... im normaly more on the bad site ;) and pay more... i know them both... but they are expensive yes... but its a lot of work to get them done... on the other hand... after heads.. i need cams springs and shims ... a pair of new heads costs me 450 to my house...
  2. B

4.3l sohc v6?

it was 500 anyone know about a good head/cam kit? is it worth to modify the heads or just go with stock and comp cams?
  3. B

4.3l sohc v6?

Im not dead in this ... I just get the finger on a cusom grinded and welded Crank with chevy 5.7" rods from scat and some ross .3 over piston That set should have 4,220cc Now my next goal is to get a set of heads and cams Then i have to bore a block over and rebuild just my updates
  4. B

4.3l sohc v6?

update Im still in progress and searching and testing for parts... after magnafluxing the engine it hast arround 4,5mm thick walls so 1mm more bore will hold up..
  5. B

4.3l sohc v6?

For the moment no more Info the biggest the Ford developper bore was 4.3 ccm but gone with 4.0 at least got no Info why Another Info was that the 4.0 SOHC will not hold the Brasilien fuel full throttle test. Engine failed
  6. B

4.3l sohc v6?

he will use twin turbo .. yes.. he is from Germany Berlin
  7. B

4.3l sohc v6?

he is stuck for the moment because he need money.. as i ;(
  8. B

4.3l sohc v6?

He adopt the BOA Heads on the 4,0 OHV engine. As i told to the ingenieur who develop the 2,9 to 4,0 and to sohc, he told me that thy casted a few blocks (like5 pieces) and adopt the BOA heads also by cosworth. This engine makes over 300hp in a early scorpio. Never seen it. I still wait on...
  9. B

4.3l sohc v6?

found this last night... http://capri-spezial.forenking.com/t235-4_liter_v6_koeln24v_cosworth_bi_turbo_super_injektion.html as its a german guy ... i will contact him ... page 4 is a good find..
  10. B

4.3l sohc v6?

Yes Sir ... Compression hights sometimes named deck hight also .. any price number by je?
  11. B

4.3l sohc v6?

looks nice! how much is the deck hight? sorry here are the pic its standing upside down... smalles point is 2 1/2inch from bottom.. in car location its from top engine surface if you get a close look you can see it..
  12. B

4.3l sohc v6?

after jigsaw the block.. i found 3.8mm as smallest point
  13. B

4.3l sohc v6?

if i would pay a billet crank.. i would stroke it anyway..
  14. B

4.3l sohc v6?

Its not possible stroking with stock rod... The compression hight from piston then has to move
  15. B

4.3l sohc v6?

I talked to supersix, and he offered me a custom grind crank if i want it, is posible i also think both stay on standart oversize and just use custom build short pistons
  16. B

4.3l sohc v6?

he did... but its under property of F...
  17. B

4.3l sohc v6?

Yes the Block i m in is a 2001 Explorer block the Block in my Propane B2 is a 10/98Explorer ... The Casting i asked for is a spare, which i will rebuild... i will ask for another drawings (5L2Z-6010-A)but i think the a same.. i m waiting for another mate who work in the engine casting...
  18. B

4.3l sohc v6?

my block will also been sonic testet before i start boring the hell out.. if its not possible.. i will stop by 4" still waiting for sonic..
  19. B

4.3l sohc v6?

as i told before.... i know people who was involved in resizing 2,9 to 4,0 and to SOHC...
  20. B

4.3l sohc v6?

got the SOHC engine drawings, 5,0mm is the cylinder wall thickness on the paper...theoretical its from a 1L2E-6010 Casting
  21. B

4.3l sohc v6?

then a 0.15 should be enough in a sohc engine block.. as my machine sop told me Thx for the Pic!! btw i have installed a UK Shifter, its same than a Australien.. only thing is the front is not straight, so there is a 20mm Gap to my dashbord...
  22. B

4.3l sohc v6?

... i like to get a picture where the Shift cable come throu firewall... its the right time because there is no engine in way ;)
  23. B

4.3l sohc v6?

Me... Too ... Also :)
  24. B

4.3l sohc v6?

car looks Ok... btw i did a fast Cylinder wall check i got 6,6mm .. from 100,4mm to 102,3620 only 1mm per site .. would go down 5,6.. plenty off wall
  25. B

4.3l sohc v6?

i know your sand dunes ... ;) have been to frazier island.. my second setup would use the SBF165030I16 the stock deck hight are 224,9932 and with the rod and this piston and regrind its theoretical 225,7910 Diff are 0,798 to machine
Back