Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Disable horn honk

This is for a 2002 Explorer Sport Trac, however, might be the same for other vehicles. Has factory key fob. When you unlock it, the horn honks and lights flash, when you unlock it, the horn honksand lights flash. Can the horn honk be disabled?
  2. J

Looking for a Tuner, 2001 F-150

Tried to search, but didn't find anything. Looking for a tuner for my F-150, 2001, XLT, 4x4, Automatic, 5.4L V8 I do need one that can compensate my speedometer until I regear the axles, currently has 315/75/16 tires on it. The truck does have 174k miles on it, but I feel it is still pretty...
  3. J

Wanted 16" Weld Racing Mountain Crusher 5x135mm

Looking for a Weld Racing Mountain Crusher wheel like the one pictured. Needs to be 16" and bolt pattern of 5x135mm. Not sure on wheel width, or backspace, but if you have one, I will go and check mine, looking for 1, or 2 or? *
  4. J

jimbo74 2001 F150

Picked up a well used 2001 F150 Supercab 4x4 XLT, 5.4L Triton V8, 174k miles, automatic transmission. Has a lift and no muffler. 315/75/16s on it. Motor feels strong, and the interior is pretty clean, has aftermarket headlights, but they are messed up, and has a subwoofer with a Pioneer deck...
  5. J

tranny flush and filter change

i want to do a tranny flush and a filter change.... which should i do first? i was thinkiing of gettign the power flush, then dropping the pan and changing out the filter is this the correct way? i plan on doing both, my truck needs it..... i also am going to be installing a shift...
  6. J

ranger shift kit

i think i have probably asked it before, but i want to put a shift kit on my ranger pretty soon i have 172xxx on the odo now and want to liven it up and extend its life a little bit. i will be changing the filter and powerflushing it as well atthe same time. refilling it with mercon V. i...
  7. J

98 ranger need help with console

how do i remove the inner tub (outlined in green) of the center console, so i can access the 3 bolts (red dots) holding the hinge on?
  8. J

pdf download of 98 ranger factory manual

is there a pdf download of the 98 ranger factory manual online somewhere? need some help removing hte center console, and it's very detailed
  9. J

98 ranger half broken wipers

so i am having an issue with my wipers, they are the standard intermittent wipes... however they only work on hi the stalk will not make the vehicle sray water on the windshiled if i push the end in and only the hi setting makes the wipers come on at all.... on top of that, i have to time...
  10. J

jim's toyota failed SMOG 2

can anyone help me? my toyota failed CA smog 2, run @ speed on a dyno, it passed the EVAP tank pressure test and also the gas cap tests here are my results truck is an 84 4x4 toyota pckup with a carbureator
  11. J

dupli-color rust fix or similar

is this stuff a basecoat? or a primer? or a standalone product? i have a good grip of rust on my truck, and want to know if i can just spray it with this stuff and leave it, or if it needs to be sealed with paint or clear or something after it is used and dried?
  12. J

98 ranger extensive body work

so basically i crashed the ranger... it was jsut a matter of time with me... i am a ****ty driver I am fixing it.... basically i need advice on bending back the frame horns, also, since i will be doing extensive front end work, i would like to disconnect the airbag system to prevent possible...
  13. J

Jim's 98 2wd XLT Ranger

my parents no longer want the rolled explorer with a grey tarp on top of it parked in front of their house, if i get rid of it, they will give me their 98 2wd ranger! 1998 2wd supercab with a 3.0l v6, automatic, 3.73 open diff, ford 7.5 with rear drums. has front abs. 141k-ish miles, and...
  14. J

4r44e or 4r55e?

what transmission do i have? there seems to be differing views and limited information. what makes my truck have a vs. b? some of the info i have found says i should have a 4r44e, however i have heard that they were not in a 4.0 vehicle, but were in a 3.0l which the explroer never had...
  15. J

diesel oil

what is the api spec required for out trucks? i would like to run a diesel oil in my truck. i dont do the whole synthetic thing, and diesel oil is usually available cheaper and in larger quantities. 15-40 works for me....
  16. J

4r55e help

i hate to do this, but my thread has not yielded the information i seek, and glaciers rebuild diary helped a great deal but i still need a little further help i need to buy a shift soleniod to cure a CEL/flashing od light P0761 i think this is the correct part...
  17. J

brown wire mod on my truck

i have talked to several people around here lately, that have said that i can or cannot do the brown wire modification on my truck. there are words flying around like i have an awd, and otehr things that are confusing. i wnat to know if i can do the brown wire mod on my truck. from everything...
  18. J

second gen flame grill

does anyone make a grill ike this for the 96-01 explorer?
  19. J

tcase issues

truck is an auto, 96, 4x4, 4 door, xlt , 4.0l ohv, d4 axle isnt the 4x4 system supposed to be shift on the fly? if it is, mine does not do it. 4hi works only when the truck is stopped, it wont kick in if i am moving at all, but it will go in in any gear (i think this is incorrect-should...
  20. J

help with broken seat

its a little difficult to explain, but here goes, my seat lever does allow the seat to fold all the way forward, while pushing it back, it will lock into the first position placing the seat in the straight position. however, it then slides through all the levels of recline, it no longer locks at...
  21. J

euro/clear corners/headlights, fogs second gen

ok so i wnat to upgrade the lights on my second gen... dont have the $ to do the projectors does anyone make a fog light? i know the stock foglights are already clear, but what about the diamond clear to match the headlights? i havent been able to find any diamond clear corners that didnt...
  22. J

computer programmers

i have been out of the explorer scene for awhile, but am back into it now. i have a 96 explorer. truck has 210k on the engine, but had an upper rebuild @ 110k due to cracked heads... should i get a programmer at all? this rig will be my daily driver/commuter and also a recovery vehicle should...
  23. J

Jimbo74's 96 X

some of you may have seen that i have a new 4x4, an 84 toyota... its not running quite yet, but isnt too far off, well, i got a deal i can't pass up... here is the story on it... 1996 explorer 4x4 It’s a 96 xlt 4x4 explorer 4dr, its been In the family since at least 98, was bought used from a...
  24. J

jim's 84 toyota

well, finally got my dream truck, sort of.... needs a lot of work, and although its not an xcab ranger or explorer with a solid axle, its not bad... the yotas are very stout, and ive gotten used to them after owning my old red truck.... This is my new truck. It is a 22r, g52, 1984, sr5...
  25. J

Ranger Alarm Problem

my daughter found my keys a couple days ago, well she managed to hit the PANIC on the alarm (horn beeping) some how, it disabled the alarm system. the keyless entry still works, but it feels like it is in valet mode, when locked, the dash light burns solid THEFT and the led on the radio bezel...
Back