Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

1997 5.0 Awd... potential purchase

Anyhow I am currently checking out a 1997 Explorer with the v8 and AWD. Aside from the mileage (157k) there are no real concerns except for the fact that I have no experience with the AWD system and there is a slight vibration coming from the left wheel when ever you turn the car (There is also...
  2. M

NORRIN

username: NORRIN Watch out for this person. He just replied in my thread "91 Explorer Part Out" claiming that he purchased my sunroof glass, made payment and is awaiting shipment. Trust me, this guy is a joke and is making false accusations... just thought I would give everyone a head's up...
  3. M

Mike91

I didn't really take your post as a flame, and I am very understandable of your situation. Apparently there must have been communication issues since I had personally responded to at least three (3) of your e-mails. As far as the charging prices goes - unless the part is new or relatively new...
  4. M

Mike91

I wish that when negative feedback has been left about and individual that the complete information would be posted or that the issue has been clarified if and when there is a resolution. There was no "real" excuse for me not shipping his parts right away - he paid timely and back in March. He...
  5. M

Who's the best? :)

Would you mind letting everyone know how much money has been spent on making this "best".... 11sec Explorer? When I was frequent to this site over a year ago, it was quoted at over $25k (351 engine build up a couple times, supercharger, etc)... I'm sure there has been a bit more since. That...
  6. M

4.0l crate motor??? does it exist?

$1800 was for a remanufactured, already assembled for engine. Therefore the only work/downtime needed is to swap out the old and swap in the new motor.
  7. M

4.0l crate motor??? does it exist?

That place was a big bust! I was going to purchase 4.0 v6 motor from them since they advertised for a relatively decent price with a good amount of machining. Unfortunately when I finally decided and called them they said they don't have any 4.0 v6's in stock. FINE!, I told them I would be...
  8. M

Swapping a 95-96 4.0 v6 into a 1991 Explorer

The stock block/engine in my truck is the 90TM-AB casting. In 95/96 the block was changed to the 95TM-AB casting. The only changes that I have found is that there are two additional bolts in the block. Has anyone performed this swap or could someone shed some light on the feasibility of doing...
  9. M

AL4D Takin A Crap Any Other Trannys That Will Bolt Up

anybody want to shed some light on this one.... I think I am just going to rebuild the POS 4.0, but expect to have 175-200 rear wheel horsepower. I just to want to have this stock tranny - "it is the weakest link" - goodbye.
  10. M

Fairly loud ticking, bangin noise while in gear

Tom - I picked up a 2001 V-6 manual. I would have gone GT, but I am saving over $1,500 in insurance annually, around $3,000 in price and will be saving gas using 87 octane as opposed to 93 used by the GT. The performance isn't that bad for the V-6 manual: * 0-60 - 7.0 seconds * 1/4 mile...
  11. M

$$ for a FPR ?

If you just have bad gas mileage, it could be a number of things... of course, our trucks are notorious for guzzling gas. A good way to tell if you have a bad FRP is by the smell and look of exhaust emissions. Possible signs are black smoke exiting the rear or the super easy to spot "rotten...
  12. M

Fairly loud ticking, bangin noise while in gear

Hey guys - it's been a long while since I last posted in these pages. Lots of things have changed - 1. I stopped spending money on the truck, 2. Sold off most of my Parts collection - including my new Borla headers and 3. Purchased a new Mustang. (Finally I have power) Anyway, the Explorer...
  13. M

Nitrous?

One thing to remember before you get NOS - you have to use it carefully - not weekly. If not, you can and will melt your pistons!
  14. M

Borla Header Leaks!!

Is there any sort of bushing that you could use to seal the leaks?
  15. M

Alt./reg. replacement - need quick help

No special tools should be needed except for a pipe and a rachet with the appropriate socket sizes. You'll need the pipe for more leverage while turning the pulley tensioner. All you have to do is rotate the tensioner to remove the belt and then unbolt the alternator, etc.
  16. M

Air Silencer??????????

Stock air silencers do restrict hp, and the easiest way to remove them is to remove the factory intake and install a KKM air filter. The silencer only controls the exhaust tones - sound polution.
  17. M

high idle in neutral only

I'm not exactly sure what the IAC valve that Steve is referring to, but it may be the same thing that I am going to mention. There is a valve that is attached to your upper intake manifold and is seen on the driver's side of the engine. It is around four - six inches long and is cylindrical in...
  18. M

Started Header/Valve cover gasket replacement

No update - Are you still trying to get the bolts off?
  19. M

where should I get a steering box?

I would avoid going with a replacement from Ford. Get an AGR if possible - not sure if they sell direct. If not you can try Summit Racing (800) 230-3030.. I know they carry AGR.
  20. M

Horses for my 91?

Goober- I am surprised that you do not know the conversion for gp into hp. In actually when you convert hp into gp, you lose power, but for some reason you gain torque. If I can recall correctly its as follows: 1 Horsepower = 0.5 goatpower + 4ft. lbs of torque. Your truck must be able...
  21. M

wheel spacers

just wanted to add to Dale's comment... they are supposedly bad for the bearings and the wheels in general driving - doesn't have to be 4wheeling.
  22. M

Stickers for street Explorers (e.i. ExplorerForum.Com)

Before we make a decision on the first font produced, is anyone able/willing to try a couple more fonts... I don't like the font that much.
  23. M

Horses for my 91?

HP from Motortrend Magazine......... 155hp
  24. M

MY TRANNNY IS DYING!

Austin 3:16 Do a search in the modified explorarations forum. There were alot of posts recently (within past two months) that dealt with upgrading the tranny, etc.
  25. M

BBK Supercharger exsits!

Does anyone know what Explorer Express wants for the OHV engine? If the kit is only going to provide 30hp, its not worth the money. For that I spend $3,000 on a used sports car.
Back