Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

More about ping

Are you sure it isn't a ping from detonation? If so maybe try changing the fuel filter or get your injectors professionally cleaned and hopefully that would make your air/fuel mixture rich enough again to stop the pinging.
  2. M

Diablo Vs Super Chip... C'mon the truth!

That doesn't look like the webiste I went to and the one I was at said they was the official superchips website also. I wonder if the one I was at was just some company that sells both maybe. Thanks for giving me that link.
  3. M

Diablo Vs Super Chip... C'mon the truth!

Do you have any kind of link for that info. Why does the superchip website offer both if he went on his own to design diablo chips? I'm not saying you lying i'm just curious about this issue and would like to read about it because I to have been deciding which chip to buy. They both claim to do...
  4. M

I want to throw my shocks in the lake!!!!!

I also have the Monroe Relex and I would recomeend them also for the street. Just my opinion.
  5. M

any reason not to register my VIN with ford ownerconnection.com?

Yeah you're right i'm alking about internal. It won't matter about anything else that's warrantied. The only time they would ever check your oil change schedule would be if the motor blew or something. Sorry for the misunderstanding I put out to you. I didn't mean it would void your warranty...
  6. M

The cam thing was a problem they knew about so it doesn't count. i'm talking about something like a freak problem. like slinging a rod or something.and it's there recomeended interval and if you do it yourself that is fine they said. just keep your receipts and they won't check into it or...
  7. M

Just a wprd of advice. Ford will ask for receipts for oil changes if they have to do internal warranty work to it. They can refuse warranty service if you cannot produce proper receipts and if it hasn't been changed at recommended intervals.
  8. M

alignment

I would drive my X up their A**. They are crazy. Just to let you know if it's pulling and then pulling harder when you brake it could be a caliper sticking possibly. I'm not saying that is the problem but these people seem to be screwing you so I would have someone else check it out. It only...
  9. M

Mileage whe towing

I pull a boat that weighs 6,500 and my mileage drops from 13-14 to 10-11. Not to bad.
  10. M

Any GT40 Guru's

If i'm not mistaking the stock compression is either 8.8:1 or 9:1 but i'm not positive which one. The stock cam specs i'm not really positive. Sorry about that.
  11. M

Any GT40 Guru's

I have your answer man. I have put the upper and heads off the X on my stang. Intakes..... GT/40 Explorer 189cfm Cobra 199cfm Regular GT/40 200cfm Heads... GT/40 Explorer 192@.500" intake 128@.500" exhaust GT/40P Explorer 196@.500" intake 139@.500"...
  12. M

AC doesn't blow cold (In the Summer)

On my persona; cars I just bleed the system and pull a vacuum, check it for leaks, out a new orfice or accumulator, put new fittings, and recharge. So I guess I do it the cheap way you can say but I have never had a compressor go out or any othr family members. Don't get me wrong, I know a weak...
  13. M

I never got my liscense my r-12 or 20 so I can't personally get it but it cost around 500 for a 30# last I heard. Oh definetely don't fill your system with liquid. OMG that would cause problems. You are right abotu that. But the 134-a still gets a little higher head I noticed than 12 even trying...
  14. M

I do a/c work and you can do it yourself but I would recomeend using guages so you make sure your head pressure doesn't get too high while recharging. You can get You can get what i call a vapor lock and you're head pressure will skyrocket and it won't cool. I wouldn't advice doing your own a/c...
  15. M

better mass air senser

Let me add some insight also. Mustangs don't even go with 77mm MAF until you plan on running 350+ horses. Normally you also put a 70mm TB to go with it. So putting a 77 on a V6 would definetely e overkill.
  16. M

Whats the dea w/ sythic oil?

I will keep using regular oil. Motors look fine when torn down after using it so I have no reason to change what has worked forever. Oh yeah and the 5000 for rings to seat. That's crazy. The longest we ever give rings to properly seat is 500 miles and alot of engine builders say they seay...
  17. M

How much more until windows blow???????

Yeah like me. I'm also running 2 RF HE2 15's but I have a MTX Thunder 500 which only puts about 400rms to each speaker and I hit a 144.
  18. M

Winshield Washer Stuff

Yeah I noticed all these people have one tank and one pump and I was just being curious as to why mine has two.
  19. M

Winshield Washer Stuff

That's weird. My 96 has two seperate tanks and two pumps. Why are they different?
  20. M

fuel line tool size/brand

Maybe yours id different but the ones for 96+ have the springs deep in the line. Autozone might sell the part I don't know. That is what I stated earlier. I just know mine takes a fuel fitting tool with a longer plastic end to go deeper in the line than the regular fuel lone tool. I;m not trying...
  21. M

fuel line tool size/brand

You have to have a very special one for the fuel filter. The ones you are buying are for the fel lines on the intake guys. The one you need will have a very long plastic piece to go inside th eline. That is the only line on the fuel system that the spring is so far in the line. A regular fuel...
  22. M

Okay... Here's a great tip!!!

Hopefully insurance doesn't want to investigate and find any traces of wires. You would probably be better off drenching it in gas and saying damn someone must hate me.
  23. M

Your best gas mileage?

I get the same mileage in town or on the interstate. I get 13 mpg. That sucks. My stang gets 18. They are both V8's. I think something wrong after reading some of these replies. I have a K&N and dynomax muffler with's 31's. Wish I could find out what's going on one day.
  24. M

Change to SYN PS Fluid

I would undo one of the power steering lines and turn the wheels. Don't crank the motor though because it will run the pump while it's dry. That is how we got ot all out of one of our old pumps before.
  25. M

Gasket prices! (Ouch!!)

Alot of them that I know are a weird mixture of cork and rubber. I wouldn't reuse those kind. You will know what they are when you get them off. We order all of ours from summitracing.com and jeggs.com. We have always used fel-pro and mr.gasket and had good luck with both. You may need to call...
Back