Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

stretchin out...

took the XPloder out today for a little stretch.. Enjoy..
  2. S

Moving South!

Well, It's been forever, but I'm still hanging around. What's everyone else been up to? Anyone go to Fall-for-all this year?
  3. S

1992 Explorer

nope, same ones AKBroncoII was running: 5.5" BC bronco's EB springs in the front
  4. S

Moving South!

Yep, finally made it and all is well. I picked up my 'Sploder last Friday. I love the weather!!!
  5. S

Moving South!

Well, the time is nearing. My movers get here next week to pick up my junk, and I'll be hitting the road on the 4th of next month. My truck get shipped out on the 31st. They are delivering it to Atlanta. That kinda sucks, but at least it's somewhat close. Anyway, $700 lighter in the wallet...
  6. S

Moving South!

Hopefully it won't be too expensive. I should be looking at around $100. I'd pay $300 gladly if I didn't have to reinstall the transmission! :roll:
  7. S

Moving South!

Well, I should hae mine running again by this weekend if all goes well. I had a small transmission problem! :D
  8. S

Moving South!

Three letters....... S A S I did the TTB lift thing for all of 2 months, and then SAS'd. There's a reason!
  9. S

How to: C4/D20 Swap in Progress

Just to keep this thread alive, I'll post a couple pics of my crossmember. I didn the same pan fill C4/Dana20 swap in my junk. I used a B&M Mega shifter for the Trans, and a Wildhorses twin stick setup for the T-Case. Here's a few pics of the X-member, and one of my rig, and My son.
  10. S

94 FW Leaf Sprung on 38.5s

What torque converter are you using? I think mine is bad. The transmission acts like it's slipping, and I tried to cut corners by using the torque converter from my C5. :( Dammit.
  11. S

well, I got my driveshafts back, and installed. The tcase works fine with them disconnected, but as soon as I connect them up, I get nothing. I think the fluid is low, despite the reading of it being full. Tomorrow I'll try adding a quart and see if I get some motion out of it, right now I...
  12. S

Moving South!

Well, maybe we can fix that! We could always start a club or something. If there's enough small Ford guys around. any RBV is cool in my book. I used to wheel a BII for the longest time, until I wised up to the extra space an X has. Plus I needed the extra seat when my son was born. :D...
  13. S

Moving South!

Those are 36" TSL SX's. They aren't mine. One of mine is on the roof in that pic, Mine are 38" TSL's. I couldn't find a local area forum on the site for the South. I know CAOS is in Bama.
  14. S

The passanger side could have been tucked up a bit more. It's really not as far down as it looks in the pics, though. the radius arm mounts are lower than the x.member. The idea behind the design was to act as a skid plate. initially I was going to plate the bottom, but then I wouldn't be...
  15. S

Moving South!

pic from today! My pride and joy, and not the truck. :)
  16. S

OK, I have pics for ya! Enjoy!
  17. S

Moving South!

Looks to be in August some time. I hope to get there as early as possible to get my kids enrolled in school! I was hoping to find more 'Xploder guys for us on here. I'm sure there's more than the 2 of us! :)
  18. S

mine is sort of the same as yours, except it's a little lower profile, and I ran 2 tubes across, and put laddre rungs between the tubes. Hard to explain, but it's pretty stout. almost the entire thing tucks up higher than the radius arm mounts. I wanted to stay as low profile as I could.
  19. S

My Transmission X-member is almost done!!!! Driveshafts are next, then I'll be rolling again. I have to install my Warrior 2" lift shackles today, and put the flares on too. she should be rolling by the end of the week. :cool: I'll post a couple pics of my crossmember for you, I know...
  20. S

Moving South!

Any Alabaman's on here? I got an assignment to Gunter AFB in Montgomery Alabama. I know there's some wheeling clubs down there, but not many 'sploders. Anyone on here from there?
  21. S

Man! That is NOT what I wanted to hear about the speedo! Now I have to figure out how to get mine working. I have a friend coming over tonight to start fabricating the trans crossmember. I hope to have mine done this weekend, and get a shakedown run in next week sometime. I got the taurus...
  22. S

1992 Explorer

I suppose I should just go ahead and start my own SAS thread. :D
  23. S

1992 Explorer

I found the HP44, and 9" under my junk! :D I'll post a thread about my rig, once we get it done.
  24. S

A4ld swap to C5 thread?

I finally got it all in there. All I need to do now is hook up the kickdown, and shift linkage. I'm hoping to figure out a way to use the stock column shifter. Once it's all done, I'll get some progress pics posted. Here's a sneak peek for anyone that actually reads this thread. I did a...
  25. S

coolant smell in the cab

Does the windshield have a tendency to fog up? It sounds like the core going bad to me.
Back