Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

A4ld trans

okay well does anyone know who sells them new ?..and actually will dyno test it too!
  2. J

A4ld trans

I have a 91 exp with a blown trans.It has been rebuilt 3 times in 2 1/2 yrs.i use this truck to go to work and i also plow with it in the winter.Is there some one in Ny that can rebuild this unit properly or does anyone have a good a4ld for sale/or knows anyone who sells them.Id really...
  3. J

Front air locker response from ARB

my nex question is what does the front air locker do . i not really sure i understand and i tried to search but coundt find any thing
  4. J

sorry i have a 01 sport trac is the locker made to fit this truck
  5. J

NOT TO SOUND STUPID BUT WHAT IS A FRONT AIR LOCKER . JUST THOUGHT ID ASK
  6. J

Rebuild 91-92 A4LD Auto Transmission

hey whats up with dese frigan transmissions . ive had mine rebuilt countless time s by three different mechanics and no one can get it right .is there any one out there who can rebuild tghis thing right and boost the heavy duttiness of it
  7. J

a4ld tranny problem

i have recently gotten my tranny rebuilt by lee myles and so far so good i have a year of plowin and towing on the tranny now . but it cost alot to beef the front end up to support the wieght
  8. J

explorer sport trac

does any one here own a 01 explorer sport trac . im just wonderin cause it seems like im tha only one here who does . also i wanted to know if anyone knows how a super chip would perform on this truck
  9. J

this is funny

yo where does this guy get off say cops drive crap wagons . and cops get jealous of an iroc please ive got my 91 xplorer needle past the n (neutral sign on the dash) and thats ahright but whoa 90 wow watch out .yeah radar bounces off faster off cleaner cars duh and yeah lecture a cop and ull...
  10. J

2oo1 explorer sport trac

i was wondering if any one had reviews on this truck because i was going to buy one but was not sure how this model year is any help?
  11. J

temperature problem

yeah i had a meter put on the gauge and it would move and i had the engine rebiult just 3 weeks ago so i think it might be that but still before it still never went past the n . no it dosent blow hott hott heat . just warm. espiacially on cold days it takes forever to get heat
  12. J

back windshield wiper

well it only did this to me when it was wet out and when i had my stereo going. now my stereo uses two six hundred watt amps grounded to the metal behind the rear saets . i think thats the chasis . do u think it might be a ground problem ?.. well ill try ur suggestion thanks
  13. J

european tail lights???????

no im not moving to europe i live in ny and the european lights are clear with red dots that take a rec bulb . everwhere i go no one carries claer lights for trucks especailyy exploders(that what they call it). everyone here tells me that no one even manufactures clear lights for my truck yet...
  14. J

temperature problem

i had my thermostat replaced several times and i had the temp gauge checked out but my truck will not heat up . the temp will rise to the n of normal and then lower down to c and just sit there. anny ideas of whta may be wrong?..
  15. J

back windshield wiper

lately when i start my truck up and put it into reverse the back wiper will automaticaly turn on. it even turned on on me while i was driving a couple of times. any ideas of what the problem may be?... also i have been having problems with my back tailgate not locking and then the key will...
  16. J

european tail lights???????

i was wondering if any one knows if they make european taillights for a 91 explorer and if they dont does anyone have clear lenses on a black 91-94 explorer xlt?.. if u do how do they look?..
  17. J

My trans failed

yo say u heard a tickin noise and u think its the lifter welll i herad that back in may and almost a year later thats today my car is havin the engine rebuilt . it appears that the explorer 91 has alluminum heads that crack at around 120,000. well i got 123, 000 . so now this 91 explorer...
  18. J

My trans failed

hey i had mine rebuilt back in october and just last week i got it back. my truck has been in and out of service shops and the cost was $2,000 . suposedly the a4ld tranny suxs (thats what the mechanic said after he couldnt fix it after 3 months so i got a refund and went to lee miles where i got...
  19. J

a4ld tranny problem

yo i have an auto on my truck and i had it rebuilt at 118,000 the guy who didi it told me no way that truck was going to plow snow . i live in new york on a private road about 1/4 long and just plow that. well i plowed twice with it and the thing messed up again destroyin the whole inside of...
  20. J

ball joints

i just got the brakes done too at the same time the balljoiints got replaced.(that was the 4th time in 6 months i have gone thru pads) i have a problem that this truck it eats up brake pads. i put new rotors twice on both sides and replaced the calipers and even had them re built. extremly...
  21. J

ball joints

every since i got them replaced my truck s front end feels smooth and solid . no more noises except i can hear a small sqeak when i hit tha brakes is taht the same thing ur talkin about?..
  22. J

ball joints

my truck has now 122,243 miles . i just ahd the uppers and lowers replaced with new ones and i got both uppers and lowers for 150 dollars . the labor killed me though. also the radiator had gone on it too soo that was trhe adde cost too thanks for ur input all the balljoints were totatlly blown...
  23. J

Clunking in 4 Wheel

i plow with my truck but only in 4 low . and when i get going my speed is at about 10-20 mph. just as long as u dont over rev the engine it should be fine. also i heard and found out that if u go to fast in regular 4x4 u can damage the hubs .thats how my hubs went on mine .i have new auto hubs...
  24. J

Clunking in 4 Wheel

my 4 wheel worked too fine but ever so often when engaged it would click . when i put it on a lift and tried it it worked for like a wheel turn and then locked up. my mechanic was going crazy tryin to fix it and finnaly replaced the hubs
  25. J

Infinity Perfect 12" or IDQ 12"

yo the sound isnt deafin inside it has a perfect sound quality its the reverse echo that makes it louder where i got tha rating out of was at a local audio shop out of a top rated amgizine that rated over a hundred 12 speakers
Back