Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Well thats it.... Explorers sold

I have had my 00 Explorer for almost 3 months but wasnt ever really that happy with it. It was a good truck, ran awesome but still had its problems that I had to fix and not to mention the ongoing check engine lights, a new code every 2 weeks. I ended up making some money on selling her so I...
  2. R

Solved Explorer Towing Capacities

I will install a brake controller before towing with it, the trailer weighs about 2200 lbs and I plan to tow it about 90 miles each way to the track
  3. R

who has trailered (towed) a car with there Explorer?

I will install trailer brakes before towing for sure my truck is a 2000 5.0 AWD with towing package so Im assuming 3.73 gears did you tow with a class III hitch?
  4. R

Solved Explorer Towing Capacities

I have a 2000 Explorer V8 5.0 AWD with a class 3 hidden hitch. I want to tow my 04 Mustang which weighs about 3500 lbs on a tandem axle car trailer with brakes, Will this be an issue or unsafe at all?
  5. R

Pic Request- Your Explorer Towing

Cool, I have a class III hitch and plan to tow my 04 Mustang on a full trailer next year, is the class III ok for doing this? Im going to install a brake controller first aswell thanks
  6. R

who has trailered (towed) a car with there Explorer?

Who here has towed a car on a full chassis trailer with there V8 AWD Explorer? Im planning on towing my 04 Mustang which weighs about 3500 lbs on a trailer and just wanted to see who else has done it and how well does it work? My other question is, I have a class III hidden hitch, is this...
  7. R

My list of Explorer - "How to" videos

I just put a new thermostat in my Explorer last night, I wanted to mention one thing thats very important. One of the bolts going through the neck into the intake is longer than the other, make sure you dont mix them up. The longer one goes to your left (passenger side)
  8. R

My list of Explorer - "How to" videos

looking forward to seeing the vids!
  9. R

How do i figure out what gears my explorer is running?

if you like on the diff housing on your rear end you might have a small metal tag, it will say what gears are in your rear end. Some have the tag, some some, some of them rust off over time
  10. R

Relocating stock heated seat switch?

can anyone tell me which wire is which going to the button?
  11. R

Relocating stock heated seat switch?

Hey guys, I have a 2000 Explorer Eddie Bauer and the heated seat button is a real pain in the ass to push on/off while driving and its impossible to see if its on or off because the light is hidden. Id like to tap a switch into the existing stock switch and put it on my dash so I can use that...
  12. R

nice pics your truck looks to be sagging a bit with the boat but not the car trailer? btw how does she tow with the car trailer? did you have brake controllers instsalled?
  13. R

Cool pics everyone, I hope I dont have any issues towing my Mustang on a trailer with my 00 Explorer (5L)
  14. R

Huge Before and After pics, Blacked out Rims, Lights, Grill

Looks good! what did you use for paint on the grille?
  15. R

99 Eddie Bauer - Almost Cash for Clunkered!

Nice Explorer and nice Mustang, I have an 04 Cobra as my summer toy aswell
  16. R

1997-01 v-8 5.0 ticking noise under load - EGR Tube identification-part number

Im having the same tick under load in my explorer and cant figure out the problem worth a crap! New headers, new EGR valve, new EGR tube, all new exhaust no leaks, cats are not blown Im going to try retorquing the bolts on the manifolds next
  17. R

heater fan weak?

I will try it, thanks
  18. R

heater fan weak?

Hi guys, Its been pretty cold here lately and I have been noticing that it takes a while to get the inside of the truck warm. I can feel the heating itself is hot but as if the fan is weak and should be blowing more when on max in the vent position is there any way I can clean the blower...
  19. R

2000 V8 5.0 ticking noise?

I just seeafoamed the truck, tons of smoke came out but nothing from under the truck where the cats are and nothing from the manifolds. The gaskets dont look like they are leaking, zero black marks anywhere around the gasket but its a possiblilty, probably still possible its one of the cats but...
  20. R

Good idea on the seafoam, I have some left, I'll do it today or tomorrow as for the headers being cracked, I highly doubt it, I have a bill from the previous owner who put in both brand new manifolds earlier this year. I looked up the part number and it comes up with doorman (I believe the...
  21. R

what tongue/ball do I need?

really? do you think I will need a raised tongue in that case?
  22. R

removing front cats, will I get check engine light?

If I remove the front cats on my 2000 V8 5.0 Explorer will the check engine light come on? will it make the car run bad or rich/lean?
  23. R

will 5L CAI from Mustang fit Explorer?

Thank you, she is my pride and joy :)
  24. R

yeah I was just thinking that.... maybe there is a leak in the cat itself behind the cat shield that I cant see
Back