Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Show us your custom bumper photos!!

Corey L, but he has been out of the 4x4 stuff for years now.
  2. S

Add-a-Leaf Install: Step By Step "How-to"

Put these on both my 99 and 98, work great. You shouldnt have a problem.
  3. S

Ricks Bronco: 1and 1/2

Don't forget some helper springs, night and day diff when i was towing with my '99. This is before the "helpers" Once I installed them I was completely level. Everything improved from handleing to MPG.
  4. S

Bumper Tire carrier hinge?

I have heard and read some good things about this hinge. http://www.rockstomper.com/catalog/pieces/hinge.htm
  5. S

Bumper Tire carrier hinge?

The only pics I have left are on the cardomain page. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2159278/2 I sold it over a year ago, sorry.
  6. S

Who lives in Illinois?

I don't live in IL anymore and I just bought an Explorer for the first time in 5 years... :thumbsup:
  7. S

Show us your custom bumper photos!!

Go over to RRORC.com and PM 93XLT, he has a shop up in Round Lake Beach. He can make you one of those.:thumbsup:
  8. S

Comment by 'SplashMan' in media 'bumper9'

3" Body Lift, 1.5" Tortion Bar twist, Warrior Shackles and 32x11.5R15 Bridgestone Dueller A/Ts.
  9. S

F250 C6 Transmission in 92 Explorer

My B2 is curently getting a C6 put behind a Explorer 4.0 in it. I'm using a 208 T-case though. To get the C6 behind the 4.0 we are using a trans adapter from 4x4 Fab .
  10. S

Tires Gears and Questions for a Gen II

If you like gas milage don't get bigger tires unless you can regear at the same time. I lost 5 mpg when I went to bigger tires. I'm in the process of going back down to 31s to try and get some milage back.
  11. S

Badlands Attica, Indiana June 16-18 Chat Thread

I can't make the run... as much as I hate to cancel, I just got hit with some major money problems last week and on top of it they just told me my job may be going away in Sept. Sorry, I really wanted to make this run and have been planning for it, but the cash I had saved up for it has already...
  12. S

Illinois - Wisconsin MEET & GREET 2006

Glad you guys had a good time. Volo is always fun to go to. You guys could have come over to the Depot and watched me restock mulch and mowers all day. Guess looking at cool cars is funner though.
  13. S

Add-a-Leaf Install: Step By Step "How-to"

Nice writeup, but when I did mine I didn't unbolt the leaf pack from the shackles either. I also didn't reinstall the stock overload leaf. It becomes useless with the add-a-leaf and only lowers your shock mount 1/2".
  14. S

Major Problems...

Glad I saw this before I bought it for my parents! :eek:
  15. S

Pig Pen Jr's EB D44 rebuild...

Call or e-mail him.
  16. S

Yup, slow and easy. This way I learn how to do everything myself and I can build the axles the way I want them. This is the reason I didn't buy gears for the D35/88 (they have stock 3.73s with L/S) and I'm not worried about the drums on the 8.8. I only have two runs planned between now and the...
  17. S

http://www.bbpfab.com/ He already made my sliders, will be making my Bronco arms wristed for me and a custom trans crossmember. :thumbsup:
  18. S

Yup, and I don't feel like running two spares on two differant rims either. That is why the project will be awhile before it is done. After the D44 gets rebuilt, then the 9" will get rebuilt, then they will both get tires and rims and finaly they will be installed. I am figuring $1000 per axle...
  19. S

9" are easy to come by and I can build one up alot srtonger than an 8.8.
  20. S

Probably late winter early spring... just getting things sorted out right now. still have to find a 9" for the rear too. In the mean time I want to be able to wheel.
  21. S

This isn't going in the Explorer, but rather the BII come fall/winter. Give me some pointers on a EB D44 rebuild. I got input from some guys already, but am looking for as much info and advise as possible. Here is what I got so far...
  22. S

On Line company's

Both of those seem like a good deal. :thumbsup:
  23. S

On Line company's

http://www.rockauto.com/ Or Napa
  24. S

upper control arm/ 2pieces?

I don't think I have heard of anyone replacing the whole arm. You should be able to just press them out.
  25. S

upper control arm/ 2pieces?

Yup, should bolt right up.
Back